+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

The idea that the co-host needs to be a woman and a "beautiful" woman at that is somewhat outdated and insulting to the viewers who just want someone that can speak well, provide quick comebacks and think on their feet, all while entertaining us and keeping the show on-track... easy, right?? We don't require much! Personally I'd love to see Carson snag the role, his quick wit, charm and energy are fabulous!
    fireflyer and TIA__MA like this.

Just reading through all the possible choices to replace Brooke, and I'm wondering, would anyone with actual intelligence, wit and charisma be willing to play second banana? Personally, if I had all three of those things going for me (I don't), I would want to be the head banana. That leaves an assortment of good looking dullards to fill the position.
    fireflyer likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I would guess that they are trying to project a more traditional air of glamour and elegance that is associated with ballroom dancing. It's harder to project that is you have 2 male co-hosts. A female co-host can parade around in gowns and lots of bling. You can debate the correctness of this, but it's a TV show based on an old-fashioned art form, and they are concerned about drawing in a wide variety of viewers more than anything else.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I would guess that they are trying to project a more traditional air of glamour and elegance that is associated with ballroom dancing. It's harder to project that is you have 2 male co-hosts. A female co-host can parade around in gowns and lots of bling. You can debate the correctness of this, but it's a TV show based on an old-fashioned art form, and they are concerned about drawing in a wide variety of viewers more than anything else.
    I am quite certain, though, that if they put a little effort into it they could find a woman who was good-looking, elegant AND was a full-wit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Well, any impressions on the new and improved Brooke? I thought her questions were better--- leading me to believe that she was GIVEN a question to ask for each person based on something in his/her background. Otherwise, she was still stiff. Do love the gowns they give her. Each week, I look at her attire and then am done with her.

I am curious as to who in power finds her so fascinating that she is back yet again.

Still not a fan. I'd rather see Carson be the co-host!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Me too, still NOT a fan.
    KAREN

I thought she seemed looser or something. She laughed a lot, I just dont think she is co-host material. I wasn't that keen on the girl before her either .Cat Deeley has spoilt me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I mute Brooke.
    karalott and momrek06 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I mute Brooke.
    I do as well.But I like to hear what they say though, its off the cuff , so its them speaking right after they have danced .The one question I HATE! is hmm 23 points what do you think about that score? what a dumb question. What are they supposed to say to it.
    fireflyer and momrek06 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread