+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I think that ABC really concentrates too much on looks for this job. Brooke and Samantha both are/were horrible. They need to find someone who actually can read cards and have good questions to ask. They need someone that is like Guiliana Rancic. She is not ugly, but certainly not gorgeous but she is good at interviewing and reading cards and prompters. They spend way too much time on ugly dresses and overdone hair on Brooke as they did Samantha.
    There are a lot of pretty TV personalities that could do better than Brooke. I'd go for Maria Menounos or, as I stated above, Nancy O'Dell. Terri Seymour from EXTRA, or Ali Landry. Or maybe just forget the pointless backstage interviews of asking the obvious and just let Tom fly solo.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Let's get Miss Piggy to do it. Then, if she starts with the "Back when moi was dancing," it will be SUPPOSED to be funny and worthy of rolling eyes.
    karalott likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The funny thing is, Brooke actually did a pretty good job as the host of the show, Rockstar. Don't know why DWTS is proving to be so difficult for her to do. Maybe it's because when she was on Rockstar she didn't have to ask questions of the competitors. She simply announced who would be out to sing next and what they would be singing. On DWTS, she's more up close and personal with the competitors and this is where her complete lack of personality, tactlessness and lack of skill is exposed. She is awful. I cannot believe some of the questions she asks. Like last night when she was speaking with one of the couples immediately following their dance (might have been David and Kim--not sure), and she had the gall to ask them what made them take their dance up a notch this week.

Um...hello Brooke, isn't the idea to come out and one-up themselves each and every week so that they can score higher than the last time, and (hopefully) win the mirror ball trophy? Geez...wow.

Poor girl can't see the forrest for the trees.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

My favorite line of hers last night was asking Chynna and Tony what happened out there and how they felt. I think she even slipped in there that she blanked out on a dance once, too I never watched Rockstar, but it seems everyone who did had glowing reviews about Brooke. I can't even say when she announces the next act during the results show she sounds normal. It all sounds over rehearsed and too robotic. She doesn't add anything to the interviews. It's awkward to hear her interact with Tom. She doesn't seem to ever know when something's going on that's a slip up. I wonder if she was co-hosting when Marie Osmond fainted, if she would have asked her backstage what happened and how she felt. Samantha was robotic, too, but she was far more natural than Brooke is. And wasn't completely oblivious to everything going on around her or when the couples were trying to make a funny. If they want someone pretty and a former contestant, how about Stacey Keibler? She did a decent job in the 2 seconds as a special correspondent on Dance Center a few seasons ago. That is, when George dumps her after she keeps nagging him about wanting to have his babies.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wonder if she was co-hosting when Marie Osmond fainted, if she would have asked her backstage what happened and how she felt.
    No doubt she'd have asked Marie what was going through her mind while she was passed out.

No doubt at all.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Dancing With the Stars Recap: Rob Kardashian's Sisters Can't Stop Screaming - E! Online

Reading this article from last night, I got a kick out of this analysis:

"Not much to say, is there?" Chaz said glumly after scoring a 19. "I understand, I've been there," replied DWTS cohost and season-seven champ Brooke Burke Charvet (who, for the record, has not been there because she never scored lower than a 21).
    First, Brooke's been there? Really? I must have missed her season, or not been paying attention the hundred or so times she brings it up each season.
    AZChristian likes this.

The casting director is a fool.

Her formula: previous winner + two lips = ratings bonanza

Can you imagine how badly Nancy and Melissa must have bombed in testing for Burke to beat them?!

This is one of the easiest shows to use guest co-hosts. See who has the talent, who the viewers like.

No, that's too complicated...

!@%$^#!
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I never watched Rockstar, but it seems everyone who did had glowing reviews about Brooke.
    I wouldn't say that the reviews were glowing, but she was acceptable on Rockstar because she did not have to ad lib at all. She seems to be quite pleasant and I do feel bad ragging on her, but the woman just cannot think on her feet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I wouldn't say that the reviews were glowing, but she was acceptable on Rockstar because she did not have to ad lib at all. She seems to be quite pleasant and I do feel bad ragging on her, but the woman just cannot think on her feet.
    Plus, she appears to have absolutely NO sense of humor.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think she's actually improved this season. Gosh, I can't believe I said that. LOL
    She seems better at ad libbing and actually appears to understand some of the inane comments she makes.
    I do still think she asks some of the dumbest questions imaginable, though.

On Rockstar, she never had to talk to the contestants. That's probably why she was fine on that, though I would not give her a glowing review.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread