+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aiden Turner & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Aiden Turner & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3854844;
    I love how they make it sound like Aiden left AMC by choice. The truth is that they did a total 180 with his character, turned him from a hero into a stalker/kidnapper and then wrote the character off the show right before production moved to LA. I was surprised to see him in the cast announcement for DWTS. I wonder how they got him to agree to be on the show after they gave him the boot from AMC.

He's very pretty to look at and I love his voice. I just hope he can dance. Edyta deserves to get to the end of the competition again. Plus, you know, he's pretty
    What a nice revenge set up. He gets the boot from AMC, has a huge popularity boost on DWTS that leads to something better, they want him back but he takes another offer. It's a nice thought, anyway, even if it doesn't happen like that I sure hope Edyta has a good season. Judging from her tweets she's definitely been working but it sounds like she's pretty satisfied with how things are going. It's why I hope these two wind up being one of the pleasant surprises of the season that knock a bigger contender out.

All My Children has long been known for destroying loved characters in order to get rid of them as they get older. I stopped watching it several years ago as the stories and acting quality deteriorated, except for a few stalwarts.

I was delighted to read that David Canary decided to retire from the show rather than make the move to Los Angeles. I remember him from his younger days on Bonanza. What I didn't realize is that he is the great great nephew of Martha Jane Canary, aka Calamity Jane.

I always liked Aiden and hope he does well although I've heard he isn't very graceful.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3855810;
    All My Children has long been known for destroying loved characters in order to get rid of them as they get older. I stopped watching it several years ago as the stories and acting quality deteriorated, except for a few stalwarts.

I was delighted to read that David Canary decided to retire from the show rather than make the move to Los Angeles. I remember him from his younger days on Bonanza. What I didn't realize is that he is the great great nephew of Martha Jane Canary, aka Calamity Jane.

I always liked Aiden and hope he does well although I've heard he isn't very graceful.
    I hope that's not the case, but it's kind of the impression I've been getting from Edyta's tweets I actually really enjoy Edyta's choreography and dancing, even though some find it on the dull side. The majority of her routines with Joey, Cameron, and Jason I thought were great and in some cases creative. But the common theme with those 3 is, they had potential and she didn't have to be dragged or have them walk across the dance floor and try to pass it off as dancing. I just think Edyta finally deserves her shot at victory, so I hope it happens for her.

Guiding Light used to be my guilty pleasure but then it got too far fetched, even for a soap opera. I know some soaps took a hit in regards to casting younger actors and trying to get the younger viewers drawn in by teen styled story lines, which in turn alienated a lot of the soap opera's overall fan bases. Hopefully if acting is what Aiden wants to do, some offers pop up for him. He's too pretty not to be onscreen AMC's loss may be someone else's gain.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-16-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Who is John Galt?

I watched this cutie pie on AMC when I was unemployed and going to school. I was very young then (he was born in 1977, so he is only 37 now), but a very hunky, sexy presence on the show. I read he and his wife have a brand new baby girl (born in August 2009) I believe - their first. Good luck to Aiden. I don't care if he can dance, I'll just enjoy watching him do whatever.

Poor Edyta. The ultimate good soldier for the franchise, and she never really gets anywhere.

Sure, she's not the best choreographer, but that's exacerbated by her only rarely getting someone who even COULD contend, and she's never really gotten a favorite--at best just someone who's the next tier down from that.

Really, sometimes I think they only keep her around because she's willing to uncomplainingly take the crap. Or maybe because the viewers love seeing her mostly naked. Yeah, it could be that second one too. But she always comes off as really sweet, really appreciative of her job, etc.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I was born in 1973 and am 37 so he is only 33. His character on the show never was developed at all so him leaving if bigger and better things come is a blessing. He is super cute, and super sweet. I think the acting everyday thing was not his strong point. I hated that they turned him crazy, but that show is so lost that again good for him for not being on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Aiden can do on the dance floor.

FORT Fanatic

Can't wait to see Aiden and Edyta dance tonight. I think they will look great together!

Seriously, whose cornflakes did Edyta pee in? Those judges were kind of harsh to her and Aiden tonight. No, they weren't the best, and my worst fears were realized but they weren't really any worse than the majority of the other couples. I'm worried that while Aiden definitely has the potential, he isn't going to have the name recognition to back it up and keep him in it I feel like this show won't give Edyta a break. They seemed so happy in their rehearsal package and like they get along great. Then the judges have to go and crush them.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3860770;
    Seriously, whose cornflakes did Edyta pee in? Those judges were kind of harsh to her and Aiden tonight. No, they weren't the best, and my worst fears were realized but they weren't really any worse than the majority of the other couples. I'm worried that while Aiden definitely has the potential, he isn't going to have the name recognition to back it up and keep him in it I feel like this show won't give Edyta a break. They seemed so happy in their rehearsal package and like they get along great. Then the judges have to go and crush them.
    I too think the judges were too harsh on them. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them. Yes, he's definitely eye candy for the show, but danced too. I sure hope those two get another chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast