+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

Chad Ochocinco

PARTNER: Cheryl Burke

PROFESSION: NFL Wide Receiver

BACKGROUND: Here's a man who's got the moves on the football field. He has speed. He has agility. But how's his samba?

With a name that would be a task and a half as a Wheel of Fortune puzzle, Chad Ochocinco is one of the NFL’s most prolific wide receivers. Completing his ninth season with the Cincinnati Bengals, he holds the franchise record for most receiving yards in a season, most receiving yards of all time, the most receptions, the most receiving yards in a game, the most seasons with over 1,000 receiving yards and the most touchdowns in a game.

Chad is a six-time Pro-Bowler and named All-Pro three times. He made headlines in 2008 when he legally changed his name from Chad Johnson to Chad Ochocinco to match his jersey number “85.”

Ochocinco's popularity can best be seen by his use of social media sites like Twitter and Ustream. Alternatively, Rock Software has produced an iPhone Application that gives users the ultimate “Ocho Cinco Experience.”

Whether it is teaming up with corporations to give away hundreds of seats to a Bengals game or racing a thoroughbred for charity, he understands the importance of giving back and staying grounded to his roots. On a more global scale, Chad has partnered with Feed The Children to raise awareness for the worldwide epidemic of hunger and poverty facing children around the world.

We’ve seen him do his touchdown dances in the end zone. Now Chad must strut his stuff on the dance floor. Will he score as many points with the judges as he does in the NFL? We’ll see because it’s game on!

ABC.com - Meet the Stars

Re: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

My early favorite. I can't believe he got Cheryl as a partner. Can't believe in a good way.

I've never heard of this guy.
    Is he like an Emmitt Smith type who people like?
    I know nothing about him and I have to say that Cheryl is my least favorite pro on this show. So, unless this guy is totaly lovable like Emmitt or Jerry, I just won't be very happy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who is John Galt?

He changed his name to his Jersey No. (in Spanish). My husband says he has a HUGE ego. Cheryl is the best partner for him - she doesn't put up with any ****.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3846575;
    He changed his name to his Jersey No. (in Spanish). My husband says he has a HUGE ego. Cheryl is the best partner for him - she doesn't put up with any ****.
    I wondered about the name - 89 - funny...I just figured he was hispanic and that was his name.
    What was his real name?

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3846575;
    The people who like him, love him. The ones who don't like him really don't like him.

His name was Chad Johnson and decided to change it late in one season to what he thought was "eighty-five" in Spanish. The NFL would not let him use it on his jersey unless he changed it legally, which he did.

He is a good wide receiver, but definitely a show-off that loves all the attention he can get. On the other hand, when he's serious, he comes off as pretty smart, and I think he's been setting up a post-football career in entertainment for some time.

He does have a huge ego, he likes to do things his way, and he will need a strong pro like Cheryl, who won't let him get away with it. I think he can be quite entertaining and, if he listens, he could be around for a while.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3846599;
    The people who like him, love him. The ones who don't like him really don't like him.

His name was Chad Johnson and decided to change it late in one season to what he thought was "eighty-five" in Spanish. The NFL would not let him use it on his jersey unless he changed it legally, which he did.

He is a good wide receiver, but definitely a show-off that loves all the attention he can get. On the other hand, when he's serious, he comes off as pretty smart, and I think he's been setting up a post-football career in entertainment for some time.

He does have a huge ego, he likes to do things his way, and he will need a strong pro like Cheryl, who won't let him get away with it. I think he can be quite entertaining and, if he listens, he could be around for a while.
    Thanks for the correction, Florimel.
    For some reason, I kept reading his name as Ochonueve and Not as Ochocinco!! I think I'm suffering from dyslexia or just plain stupidity today.

I hope he turns out to be like an Emmitt or a Jerry or Warren.
    I'm not a football fan, but I do like most of the football players when they come on this show.

FORT Fan

I just listened to a radio interview. He is taking this seriously and wants to win. He called Cheryl "Miss Burke" and said nice things about her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Last time Cheryl had an NFL player she won. So maybe a good omen for her, but I hope we see a new pro that's never win take it this season.

Don't know anything about Chad but I read in this thread is what I've read elsewhere. So sounds like he could be an absolute barrel of laughs to watch or might not take criticism too easy and sulk and get into fights with the judges. Now I see why he got Cheryl

He's probably going to be a riot to watch, but I think that he could go VERY far. He may be the most notorious NFL player right now so I think you'll have people watching, wondering exactly WHAT he will do next.

I didn't know about his charities, though, but I do like what I hear-Feed the Children especially.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast