+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

FORT Regular

Re: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

The online newspaper here in Cincinnati is saying that Cincinnati is the #1 market for DWTS by over 30%, averaging a 26.7 rating. This goes to show that the people in Cincinnati really are interested in what Chad does on the show. Imagine if he could start to show some improvement what the rating would be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by refrigerator;3868643;
    The online newspaper here in Cincinnati is saying that Cincinnati is the #1 market for DWTS by over 30%, averaging a 26.7 rating. This goes to show that the people in Cincinnati really are interested in what Chad does on the show. Imagine if he could start to show some improvement what the rating would be.
    This is not my part of the country, not my team , and I really don't "know" this guy, but my take on this is that the practice session edits where they chose to show him goofing off - which as Cheryl said were only a small part of their rehearsals - coupled with the unfortunate slumping down where he was trying to dance "with" Cheryl made it appear like he was both not serious and not using what natural grace, elegance, and potential he does have; as a result people did not vote for him as earlier anticipated.

He is going to have to settle down and hustle! I watched his face when the judges were jawing at him, and I could see that this naturally talented guy was simply not accustomed to that kind of criticism in life. There was a tick in his cheek that was giving it away.
    I figured he was going to take that as a challenge, and just as soon as the heat settled, he started telling himself, "Buddy, it is time to get down to business...."

I still don't know him , but I think we may see a charged up Chad come next Monday!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3868654;
    This is not my part of the country, not my team , and I really don't "know" this guy, but my take on this is that the practice session edits where they chose to show him goofing off - which as Cheryl said were only a small part of their rehearsals - coupled with the unfortunate slumping down where he was trying to dance "with" Cheryl made it appear like he was both not serious and not using what natural grace, elegance, and potential he does have; as a result people did not vote for him as earlier anticipated.

He is going to have to settle down and hustle! I watched his face when the judges were jawing at him, and I could see that this naturally talented guy was simply not accustomed to that kind of criticism in life. There was a tick in his cheek that was giving it away.
    I figured he was going to take that as a challenge, and just as soon as the heat settled, he started telling himself, "Buddy, it is time to get down to business...."

I still don't know him , but I think we may see a charged up Chad come next Monday!
    I agree. And couple that with Cheryl's determination and competitiveness - there could be a new dance couple in the running next week!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3868654;

If Chad manages to screw the paso up, I'll have no hope and figure he'll just get by on his fanbase. If Evan and Chad deliver stellar performances tomorrow (or at least halfway decent ones) and get screwed over by the judges when they should be directing those comments to Kate, then I'll believe they don't want them winning and are sabotaging their chances. A lot of people online at least feel Chad has gotten the shaft both weeks. His dance really wasn't that good last week, but I felt it was more the height thing than anything else. And maybe Chad was thinking this was going to be just like his end zone dances and got a harsh reality. But Cheryl will straighten him out if that's the case And if there really is any sort of attraction on either part, I doubt he'll mind. Cheryl may have gone stale on freestyle choreography, but she can still come up with some good paso routines. I'm looking forward to seeing them tomorrow!

I am not an old fogie by a long shot but have been taught to respect different religions and their symbols - regardless of my faith. For Chad Ochocinco to have Rosary beads around his neck like an accessory to his dancing outfit is offensive to me as a Roman Catholic.
    I would not expect a prayer shawl or fringes (Jewish) to be used or a cross (Protestant) or crucifix (catholic) either. It is just disrespectful and served no purpose.

I thought he did better than last week, but I wasn't overly impressed.
    I think he has some natural grace / rhythm that I hope Cheryl can start channeling soon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

DWTS' Chad Ochocinco Surprises Cheryl Burke With Diamond Ring
    Tuesday – April 06, 2010 – 9:11am

Chad Ochocinco really appreciates those dance lessons from Cheryl Burke.

On Monday's Dancing With the Stars, the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver, 32, surprised her with an enormous platinum ring with diamonds. A source tells UsMagazine.com the bling, from Jason of Beverly Hills, costs more than $10,000.

Before handing her the ring, "he said, 'This is a token of my appreciation toward you!'" Burke, 25, tells Us. "At first I was like, Is this even real?"

She says none of her partners have ever given her such a fancy gift.

Heck, "not even any of my boyfriends have given me anything like this!" she tells Us. "Ochocinco likes the bling!"

How many carats?

"A lot!" he tells Us.

He says he wanted to splurge because "she has to deal with me nine hours a day. It's like a marriage, so why not give marriage gifts? I don't spend time with anyone like this -- ever!"

The two earned a 20 for their paso doble. ("The power is back, the presence is back, the determination is back!" yelped judge Bruno Tonioli.)

"The dance was amazing," Burke tells Us. "He did everything I asked for, and he really came out with confidence. This was his dance. He did great, no matter what the judges say, and he gave 100 percent. He did nothing wrong."
    News - DWTS' Chad Ochocinco Surprises Cheryl Burke With Diamond Ring - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3871027;
    I am not an old fogie by a long shot but have been taught to respect different religions and their symbols - regardless of my faith. For Chad Ochocinco to have Rosary beads around his neck like an accessory to his dancing outfit is offensive to me as a Roman Catholic.
    I would not expect a prayer shawl or fringes (Jewish) to be used or a cross (Protestant) or crucifix (catholic) either. It is just disrespectful and served no purpose.
    ITA.
    I think my grandma was rolling in her grave last night.

I think the costuming, in general, was overly garish, as well.
    With the money this show is raking in, they should showcase costumes that play up assets of a performer. Far too many detracted from them.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-06-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I thought the props, outfits, and stage sets were a little much last night. I did like seeing Jonathan and Tony dressed as the two amigos, cheesy as it was But always nice seeing Jonathan and Tony having fun this season for once.

I thought he did better than last week, but I wasn't overly impressed.
    I think he has some natural grace / rhythm that I hope Cheryl can start channeling soon.
    He was better, but I still think his cha cha has been his best dance so far. Maybe Cheryl needs a season off. Her choreography is becoming kind of lackluster. Of all the pre-show hype I heard about Chad's personality and good times attitude, I was expecting something different. Maybe he'll still emerge as an entertaining, charismatic performer but for now, I'm kind of bored by these two.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3871229;
    I thought the props, outfits, and stage sets were a little much last night. I did like seeing Jonathan and Tony dressed as the two amigos, cheesy as it was But always nice seeing Jonathan and Tony having fun this season for once.

He was better, but I still think his cha cha has been his best dance so far. Maybe Cheryl needs a season off. Her choreography is becoming kind of lackluster. Of all the pre-show hype I heard about Chad's personality and good times attitude, I was expecting something different. Maybe he'll still emerge as an entertaining, charismatic performer but for now, I'm kind of bored by these two.
    Karalott,

I did not know who he was at the beginning of the season. Once I found out and saw him, I thought, "Ok - another football guy and this one is pretty dang cute."
    But, last night was pretty boring. I think Cheryl may neeed a season off, too. The performance seemed like she'd already done it before.

+ Reply to Thread