+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

Re: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

The fact that he only scored one point higher than Kate is criminal. He can definitely move and does better on the fast dances. He seems to be stooping over to accomodate Cheryl somewhat.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The height difference is obvious and I think potentially hurt their dance tonight. I think the show should be a little more considerate that they pair people up with better height matches, even if it means certain pros can't return that season as a result. Obviously they wouldn't pair up under 5 foot Lil Kim with over 6 foot Dmitry.

I'm wondering if Chad will go the way of Emmitt Smith or the way of Michael Irving. It's still early, he has tons of potential, but his footwork was a mess tonight. Something about Cheryl I'm just not feeling. But the judges were kind of mean to him. Once again, he got screwed on scores. No way should he have been any where near Kate (same with Aiden). I think combined they're all in a 3 way tie for second to last. He and Cheryl looked bummed when Brooke was cheerfully interviewing them. His attitude kind of grated tonight in the rehearsal video, but I thought he got a raw deal from the judges.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3865965;
    The height difference is obvious and I think potentially hurt their dance tonight. I think the show should be a little more considerate that they pair people up with better height matches, even if it means certain pros can't return that season as a result. Obviously they wouldn't pair up under 5 foot Lil Kim with over 6 foot Dmitry.

I'm wondering if Chad will go the way of Emmitt Smith or the way of Michael Irving. It's still early, he has tons of potential, but his footwork was a mess tonight. Something about Cheryl I'm just not feeling. But the judges were kind of mean to him. Once again, he got screwed on scores. No way should he have been any where near Kate (same with Aiden). I think combined they're all in a 3 way tie for second to last. He and Cheryl looked bummed when Brooke was cheerfully interviewing them. His attitude kind of grated tonight in the rehearsal video, but I thought he got a raw deal from the judges.
    Cheryl just wasn't tall enough for him, and he was subconsciously trying to accomodate for that by hunching over which of course made his posture and his footwork look poor throughout the entire dance.
    I don't know what they are going to do for the rest of the dances where they have to be in hold like that.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

This is an unfortunate pairing (due to height) because Cheryl is a great dancer, and he looks like he has a lot of potential we have yet to see. Hope they can somehow overcome the height issue.

FORT Fogey

Interesting that such a big point was made about the chemistry between the two of them. From the rehearsal footage shown and the judges' comments this week, seems like Cheryl will have to be much more focused in rehearsal and less smitten and giddy. It's probably good that they were raked over the coals this week; it will put both sets of feet back on the dance floor!

Chad and Cheryl dancing the Paso Doble.... My favorite couple dancing my favorite dance.

I felt so bad for Chad & Cheryl; they were sweating the elimination last night.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3867524;
    Chad and Cheryl dancing the Paso Doble.... My favorite couple dancing my favorite dance.
    I think this dance is going to be more up Chad's alley, from everything I've heard about him. It's as much about capturing the character and acting it out as it is about the dancing.

Chad is fearless about his image and he loves to clown. He said that shirtless has been done and he wants to design a fully (from top to bottom) see-through costume. Of course, we know that won't be allowed, but that is so Chad. I have no doubt he would wear it, but I think he said it to get folks talking and laughing.

I agree that the paso will suit his personality.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It was refreshing that he reminded Cheryl not to blow sunshine up his backside if he was not deserving of praise. I also like that she used a kiss as his reward for keeping his bum tucked during rehearsal. Too bad he didn't follow through on that during the live performance. He really did look too stooped over throughout the dance.

+ Reply to Thread