+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Evan Lysacek

PARTNER: Anna Trebunskaya

PROFESSION: Figure Skater

BACKGROUND: Fresh from the ice in Vancouver, will this skating star be displaying a shiny new mirror ball trophy next to his gold medal?

Olympic Gold Medal Winner and World Figure Skating Champion Evan Lysacek has been hitting the ice since the age of 8. Thatís when he received his first pair of hockey skates. Good thing his folks didnít give him a bowling ball. Otherwise, he may not have developed such a passion for skating. His win on the ice in Vancouver was the first in 22 years for an American male at the Olympics.

A native of Naperville, IL, Evan relocated to Los Angeles at the age of 18 to train with Frank Carroll who, in addition to his Olympic and World titles, has also coached Evan to two US National Titles. The pair also pulled out a 4th place showing at the Torino Games in 2006.

In the spring of 2010, Evan will also be touring as a member of the cast of Stars on Ice. But for now, heíll have to trade in his ice skates for dancing shoes as this Olympic champ slides and glides onto the stage of Dancing with the Stars!

ABC.com - Meet the Stars

Who is John Galt?

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Another piece of eye candy for me - goody! I really enjoyed Evan at the Olympics and he showed what a classy guy he is by responding so well to the media bashing he got from his Russian rival - Plushenko. The only thing better than having Evan on DWTS would have been to have Plushenko too. Now that would have been a coupe.

I will enjoy watching him. He's a cutie! He also seems more humble than a lot of others. I read an interview with him in which he said he's doing this because a lot of his teammates don't think he can dance. He wants to prove them wrong! I can't wait to see him try!

Who is John Galt?

He is also a close friend of Apolo Ohno who probably encouraged him to do it. I read in another column that Cheryl wanted both Evan and his girlfriend, the gold medal gymnast, Nastia Lukin, to come on the show. Guess she said no, or the PTB already had enough female celebs. That may have been interesting.

This is a great treat to have Evan on the show so soon after the Olympics! I adore this guy and agree that he is a classy piece of eye candy! I should have known that Apolo and he are close buds . . . maybe we will see Ohno in the audience this season. Evan and Anna make a great pair and will be striking on the dance floor!

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3846760;
    I read in another column that Cheryl wanted both Evan and his girlfriend, the gold medal gymnast, Nastia Lukin, to come on the show. Guess she said no, or the PTB already had enough female celebs. That may have been interesting.
    I think you may be referring to my wishful thinking in the rumors thread. I mentioned the idea before any of the news stories about Cheryl came out. I don't think it had any basis in fact. Sort of like fantasy casting. At least half of my idea came through though. I'll be rooting for Evan this season.

I love Evan and would love to see him win. Hopefully his moves on the ice can translate well to the dance floor.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I love Evan, but Anna's dances are boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3846561;
    Another piece of eye candy for me - goody! I really enjoyed Evan at the Olympics and he showed what a classy guy he is by responding so well to the media bashing he got from his Russian rival - Plushenko. The only thing better than having Evan on DWTS would have been to have Plushenko too. Now that would have been a coupe.
    Plushenko would never be on the show as he considers dancing to be for girls, not manly. Essentially he called Evan a `girl skater.' Anyhow, PLushenko woud probably try to wrestle the mirror ballout of the hands of whoever won.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I'm going to make a wild out on the limb prediction- Evan wins the whole thing. He's so popular right now and rightfully so-and likeable and well, he can dance and he has grace. He's athletic with a strong fan base. I can't
    imagine him losing. Especially as the rest of the field has limited appeal.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast