+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3868661;
    I don't mean for this to sound completely ignorant, but how difficult is it for someone to dance with 2 broken toes? Is it difficult but still possible? Guys that have to handle the football play with broken fingers.
    I've broken a couple of toes, some more than once. (So much for the assumption that short people are dainty and coordinated.) What makes it rough is that your whole body weight has to be balanced on your feet. You can compensate a bit and walk fairly well, but anything that requires the use of the front of your foot (like going down stairs and, I assume, certain dance steps) can be excruciating.

Fingers don't carry body weight. And it's easier to not use a couple of fingers than it is to not use a couple of toes.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3868693;
    I've broken a couple of toes, some more than once. (So much for the assumption that short people are dainty and coordinated.) What makes it rough is that your whole body weight has to be balanced on your feet. You can compensate a bit and walk fairly well, but anything that requires the use of the front of your foot (like going down stairs and, I assume, certain dance steps) can be excruciating.

Fingers don't carry body weight. And it's easier to not use a couple of fingers than it is to not use a couple of toes.
    TV Guide is saying that his rep says Evan plans on dancing Monday night. Evidently, he must not think this is any worse or more painful than the the stress fracture with which he skate in the Olympics.
    Beats the heck out of me how these folks can do this kind of stuff!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I've broken a little toe 3 times (yeah, I'm just lucky like that) and one thing I learned is that the closer a broken toe is to the big toe, the more painful it is to walk or dance. You use your toes for balance with the big toe being the most critical of all. If Evan broke two toes, they most likely would be "longer" toes and therefore PAINFUL.
    Having said that I know from being around athletes that they are used to playing/working with pain and injuries. It probably would be easier for him to perform with that than it wouldbe for example, Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3868667;
    I'm not a DR, but I've had lots of problems with my toes and avoided surgery by having to go for injections for 2 months.
    I could barely walk, let alone dance. I feel for him.
    I feel your pain...cortizone? It has helped me immensely!!!

Evan says on his facebook page that he will be continuing with both his skating performances as well as his dancing. He says he is more comfortable in a skating boot. I must say that they do support your toes better.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3867402;
    I don't know what it is about that slicked-back, oiled hair that he likes, but he is actually cute with his hair loose and falling down on his forehead.
    He his already tall and angular, and the slick-back look just adds to it.
    I'm felt that way about some of the pros when they seem to over do it on the hair gel/oil slick look. Evan I think is very handsome but would look even better if he didn't slick his hair back. Maybe it's the skating thing, but I feel like it might give him a different look and feel in the ballroom.

I hope he's toes will be okay He's got the quick step this week so I know that's gotta be the worst dance to have to do with two broken toes. He's starting Stars on Ice so I really hope he doesn't wear himself too thin. I realize being an athlete he's probably got a will and drive like no other but even that's got to his it's limits.

They seem bound and determined to prop Mya 2.0, so naturally they ripped Evan and Anna off on the scores. It's just stupid, disgusting, and wrong. But typical for this show. I see I'm in for a couple of months of high blood pressure if they both make it to the end or close to it.
    I wonder if that's why. Evan's probably a bigger name and more popular coming right off the Olympic win than Nicole, and he's obviously one of the best this season. Yet they nitpick at every little thing about him but Zinger the Ringer and Derek show up and start their routine off 'messing about' and nothing. It's probably why those two got the song SOS, they could dress Nicole in one of the Derek Hough partners trademark skimpy outfits. It is going to be a really long season if that keeps up. Evan I feel has one of the better chances beating those two. Erin/Maks are coming up strong. I'm not sure at this point how Chad will be in the end with the judges. Pamela I think will get voted out and it won't matter.

Anna's done some really good choreography in the past, so I'm excited to see what she comes up with for their quick step!
    Last edited by karalott; 04-03-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3868740;
    I feel your pain...cortizone? It has helped me immensely!!!
    How kind of you!!

No. They gave me 3 separate cortizone shots - a week apart. Didn't work.
    I then had to go in for sclerosing injections where they inject some sort of alcohol solution. They did that 1x a week for 10 weeks. It was alternative to surgery.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Evan dance this week. He was so clearly having fun with the jive that it was infectious.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I love watching Evan, too, as I loved watching him skate. What he said the first week was absolutely right. When you have spent years spinning and turning in one direction and then you must change to the other, it's unbelievable difficult. Even the spotting has to be relearned.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This couple did a beautiful dance last night. They are a joy to watch every week. Evan is so appreciative of Anna and her teaching abilities. They make a great pair on the dance floor.

Who is John Galt?

Evan's attitude is the exact opposite of Kate's. He is used to being coached and listening to his coach. He respects Anna and her superior knowledge and skill in dancing. He must be a joy for her to teach. Plus, even with broken toes, he works hard at learning and becoming more skillful. I am impressed with this young man and hope he and Anna win.

+ Reply to Thread