+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3857986;
    They did, but I thought he was dating the gymnast, Nastia Lukin?

Anna had reported that Evan had stress factures from wearing the latin heels. She said they were the same type Tom Delay was getting. I'm so happy for Anna this season so I hope a stupid injury or illness doesn't end her season early.
    He also mentioned on Bonnie that he had stress factures from last summer (I think) that helped him to make the decision not to do the quad in the Olympics. He said that he started working on it after an 8-week break, but that his foot started hurting again so that's why he dropped it.

I'm guessing the heels are aggravating what was already there.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I think Evan is adorable. Here's hoping that he stays around for a while.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3861310;
    I think Evan is adorable. Here's hoping that he stays around for a while.
    I think you'll get your wish!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

If I were single and half my age, I'd date him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by reneemac;3861611;
    If I were single and half my age, I'd date him.
    Occasionally I see a picture of Evan without the hair products. Instead of his hair looking oily and slicked backed, his hair naturally falls forward on his face. He looks his age, softer, and much more handsome.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3861744;
    Occasionally I see a picture of Evan without the hair products. Instead of his hair looking oily and slicked backed, his hair naturally falls forward on his face. He looks his age, softer, and much more handsome.
    I agree. The slicked back hair emphasizes his strong features which, on a young man like him gives him a hard faced look. His is the type of face which will grow more handsome as he ages, but is not as attractive when young. Evan is attractive, a wonderful skater, has the potential to be a very good dancer. Unfortunately, he is obviously an introvert and uncomfortable speaking to an audience and in front of cameras, so he comes across as dull with no personality. On a personal level, he is probably much more animated. Interestingly, he current/recent girlfriend Nastia Luiken was the same way during the summer Olympics - very uncomfortable in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3862158;
    I agree. The slicked back hair emphasizes his strong features which, on a young man like him gives him a hard faced look. His is the type of face which will grow more handsome as he ages, but is not as attractive when young. Evan is attractive, a wonderful skater, has the potential to be a very good dancer. Unfortunately, he is obviously an introvert and uncomfortable speaking to an audience and in front of cameras, so he comes across as dull with no personality. On a personal level, he is probably much more animated. Interestingly, he current/recent girlfriend Nastia Luiken was the same way during the summer Olympics - very uncomfortable in an interview.
    Evan is a naturally quiet guy, and he hasn't had a lot of media exposure until this year outside of a "kiss & cry" booth. He seems to be getting more comfortable with the idea of celebrity. I think he is also going at the fame business slowly. He is trying not to act like a jerk like some of his compatriots have lately. I won't name any names but his initials are EP.

Evan is a nice guy who is now cast as a front runner in an arena where he has no prior experience. He has also thrown into a crowd of naturally effusive personalities. I think he is doing fine.

Evan's not as smooth on the dance floor as I thought he'd be. I kept looking at his feet and it felt like they were dragging - not gliding - on the floor. I guess I missed his skates! Seems like a nice/quiet kind of guy. I hope he does well. On the other hand, I think Anna came across as ditzy that first night! She never talked so much while waiting for scores, so maybe she feels more comfortable after a few seasons, but wow - I didn't care for her at all.

Me either, her antics could hurt his chances...it was very surprising

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3864607;
    Evan's not as smooth on the dance floor as I thought he'd be. I kept looking at his feet and it felt like they were dragging - not gliding - on the floor. I guess I missed his skates! Seems like a nice/quiet kind of guy. I hope he does well. On the other hand, I think Anna came across as ditzy that first night! She never talked so much while waiting for scores, so maybe she feels more comfortable after a few seasons, but wow - I didn't care for her at all.
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I love Anna and very much enjoy watching her. She is known for her firey personality balanced out by her calmer, mild mannered husband, Jonathon. I really enjoy watching both. (And especially dancing together-they may be my all-time favorite couple to watch dancing a "slow dance.")
    Also, Anna did a fabulous job with Jerry Rice so I wouldn't count her out.
    Anyway, I guess we all have our opinions. I myself can't fathom how anyone can stand Khate...

+ Reply to Thread