+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

I don't have anything against Johnny Weir; I actually like both the athletic and the artistic in figure skating and the best routines have a blend of both for me. I think he'll do very well as a pro skater in ice shows.

I think Evan is a much better selection for Dancing With the Stars because 1) his work ethic is second to none, and 2) he is very teachable. Johnny Weir has always marched to his own drummer and I think he would fight with his pro over the choreography. I could be wrong, but it's what I think.

Evan and Tanith Belbin dated for a couple of years, so I don't know why it would be surprising if he was seeing Nastia Liukin now. The two women strike me as being at least physically similar.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I will go on record as saying that Evan will not win. He doesn't have the personalty or the cult following. Most people didn't even know who he was a month ago. Anyway, Evan is lacking people skills. Perhaps it is because he spends so much time locked away in the rink. His interview on Leno before the Olympics was a terrible failure. It was always difficult for me to root for him because of the way he comes across. On Leno, he said he makes people get out of chairs because he wants to sit in that particular seat instead of elsewhere. Very strange. I don't see him connecting with America. So I am pretty confident that he will not win.

FORT Fogey

he has a huge advantage here. somehow make it unfair to the other

Ger

I will be rooting for Evan

Think he is a very nice young man and was great on the ice so hope he is good on the dance floor also.

FORT Newbie

I LOVE ANNA T HAVING A TRUE CONTENDER FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! She's an asset to the show IMO. And I hope Evan L has a great time with this Season. I DO NOT, HOWEVER, HOPE HE WINS. HE'S GOT HIS GOLD MEDAL, LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE SOME GLORY TOO.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3849150;
    He's taken a few shots at Johnny Weir in the press, which has irked me about him. But the Nat'l Figure Skating Association rewards people who do that, since they also do it themselves in all kinds of ways. The bias even showed in the NBC commentators, especially Scott Hamilton, who all but called for Evan to be canonized and Weir to be banished to Siberia.

I suppose not a whole lot of this is Evan's fault, it's the world he lives in. But it bugged me during the Olympics. I'm willing to start with a clean slate for the new season, though.
    I never heard him say anything about Johnny, but between the two, I'm on Team Weir I totally agree with your other post, that Johnny either needs to cave to the rules and hold back his outspoken attitude or be himself and go out there and flaunt his fabulous self. I kind of remember Scott being pro-Plushenko, too, until Evan won and Plushenko turned into such a douche.

As for Evan, I wasn't overly excited when he was announced to be on, because of his enourmous popularity and possibility to be a Kristi 2.0. But when he was paired with Anna my opinion changed Partners like this come around once in a very blue moon for her. However, I do question what it's going to be like for him. Isn't he doing Stars on Ice which is going to be running alongside DWTS? Just seems like a lot to put on your plate, especially in terms of being injured or overdoing it.

As far as Johnny vs. Evan, I think Johnny has given as much as he's gotten. He and Evan both have taken little shots at each other in the press. Johnny's no victim in the situation. I like him a lot, but he's been making thinly veiled comments about Evan for years. Who would I rather hang out with? Johnny. Who would I rather see in a skating exhibition? Johnny. Who do I think is a better amateur competitor? Evan. He's shown that he's willing to work harder than anyone else and I think that's going to serve him well in DWTS.

I'd love to see Anna finally get a really good partner and I think Evan fits the bill.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Johnny is over the top about as much as Evan is dull. Somewhere int he middle is nice (e.g. Apollo).

I like them both though, and I hope Evan does well. I especially hope we get to see some personality!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I just saw Evan on Bonnie Hunt and he said that he was single and on-the-market. I thought he was dating the ice dancer, Tanith Belbin...did they recently break up?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3857956;
    I just saw Evan on Bonnie Hunt and he said that he was single and on-the-market. I thought he was dating the ice dancer, Tanith Belbin...did they recently break up?
    They did, but I thought he was dating the gymnast, Nastia Lukin?

Anna had reported that Evan had stress factures from wearing the latin heels. She said they were the same type Tom Delay was getting. I'm so happy for Anna this season so I hope a stupid injury or illness doesn't end her season early.

+ Reply to Thread