+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3914954;
    I have to say I disagree - look at the Paso Doble, which outshined I feel ALL the dances this season (and yes, I admit Nicole and Derek had a couple of knockouts). Mind you, the paso is the one that the man is supposed to outshine too, and she really gave him competition so he'd actually do that - and he's still to my best knowledge the ONLY person who's truly outshined the pro dancer.

If anything, pressure got to her here - not her skills. Derek and I believe Maks had both made it to the finals, and Anna I think may have done it once, but I'm not sure. It also affected Evan as well as we saw.

Derek also regularly gets strong to near ringers in this competition - those who have good dance experience, so his ability is being rather unfairly slanted here. If he did this with say any other dancer this season (well... save possibly Kate, I don't think anything would've saved her), then I'd totally agree with your comment.

I take it back, the ONLY note I know of right now I'd get from him is to not act like a total douchebag if you win, and don't let anyone put you on their shoulders unless your partner gets the same treatment, and first.

Maks? - possibly in some dances but not others. There are some notes she could get from him, such as if need be jumping around to make your point that you need it to be a certain way (the cuteness I think would ease tension and make it work), but not choreography.
    Anna made it back in season 2, her first season, but it was a completely different show back then. Since then, she's been back 4 seasons (including this one) eliminated second, third, and I believe 5th with Chuck. So Evan's the only partner she's had who can show her skills she gives him. I agree that Anna did give Evan some really good choreography this season that I think easily outshined other dances. Loved their jive, paso, AT, tango, both VW's, and even their samba and freestyle. I'm done applauding Derek's choreography skills and talent until he has someone not automatically finals bound and who he really has to work with. Anna admitted in an interview that she and Evan hit the wall. They knew how much pressure they were under and didn't know what to do. It was a 2 person competition, between him and Nicole, and they knew it was an uphill battle.

I couldn't find the rule on posting links so hopefully I haven't broken any rules. Thought this was interesting:

Dancing's Evan Lysacek: I'm "Not Upset" That Len Said Nicole Should Win

Dancing's Evan Lysacek: I'm "Not Upset" That Len Said Nicole Should Win

Friday, May 28, 2010
    Last updated 2:05 p.m. PT

By JOYCE ENG
    TV GUIDE

Dancing with the Stars runner-up Evan Lysacek says he's not disappointed that he doesn't have a Mirrorball trophy to go with his Olympic gold medal. "Anna [Trebunskaya] and I were completely satisfied with the whole season and what we put into it. We didn't leave anything on the table," he tells TVGuide.com. "We wanted to enjoy it and the most important thing of this season, above any trophy or any one dance, is that we were all a family on that show." There are also no hard feelings between him and judge Len Goodman, who declared Nicole Scherzinger a deserving winner before Lysacek performed. See why he's not upset, what happened during his freestyle rehearsal and if he'll keep dancing.

TVGuide.com: What was going through your mind when Tom announced Nicole as the winner?

Evan Lysacek: We were happy. We're very proud of what we did and at the same time very proud of Derek [Hough] and Nicole for being the amazing dancers they are. We gave it our best shot. We knew that Nicole and Derek had really been light-years ahead of the rest of us right from the start, but slowly but surely a few couples felt like we caught up to them and could compete with them.

TVGuide.com: A lot of fans thought that Len was rude to say Nicole should win before you performed your last dance. Did you hear that? Were you hurt?

Lysacek: Yeah, but that's OK, though. It's his opinion. I'm not upset. The judges were there the whole season to help us improve and, at least for Erin [Andrews] and Maks [Chmerkovskiy] and Anna and I, we went so far from Day One to where we were at the end that that's what we're really proud of — the improvement that we made more so than what the end result was.

TVGuide.com: Did his comment throw you off or fire you up?

Lysacek: No, we were relaxed. ... For the last dance, the whole cast was sitting right in the front and were on their feet cheering 10 seconds in. I felt like that was the most important thing of the entire season to me. Anna talked about maybe stopping halfway through the dance and getting everyone to come on the floor, but we didn't want to disrespect the show, so we didn't do that. We all sad that it's all over.

TVGuide.com: We have to talk about the overly dramatic rehearsal package they pieced together for your freestyle. What happened there?

Lysacek: Basically we had a five-minute dramatic moment. The whole season, they wanted more emotion from us since we were pretty much drama-free because we didn't have time for it and we got along really well. The whole week was been so emotional but in the most positive way. We were so excited about our dances coming together [but] they decided to cut in the five negative minutes, which is their choice. That's fine. That's not indicative of our relationship. I think it caught people off-guard and it caught us off-guard. But hey, there's a producer out there who's probably getting praised for coming up with that dramatic situation. At least someone got something out of it!

VGuide.com: Anna ended up crying in it. Do you think she felt pressured to deliver on the freestyle, since it's considered the "make or break" dance?

Lysacek: We didn't really feel pressure. We felt it would be a little bit more even because there were four dances. We wanted to do a good job in the freestyle because it was really our chance to show the judges that I could let go because that's what they wanted me to do all season. It was important that we found a way to be true to what we both liked and our tastes, but still be able to kind of enjoy the whole thing.

TVGuide.com: Are you going to keep dancing?

Lysacek: I'll probably keep dancing to some extent. ... It's been a big part of my life for the last several months and it's not just going to go away. I think I learned that dancing is about having fun. At first, everybody worries about what they look like and what the judges are going to think, and are plotting the best way to get to wherever they want to get. Then you slowly realize that it's about having fun and entertaining the crowd that tunes in so loyally every week to the show.

TVGuide.com: Are you going to keep skating competitively?

Lysacek: I haven't decided yet. I want to possibly try some different areas of work. I've gotten offers to do some acting jobs, some broadcasting for sports. Obviously I'm still leaving the option open to compete in four years. I'll have some time to think. I don't know if I'm any good at acting.

TVGuide.com: You can do voiceovers. Do more WALL-E impressions.

Lysacek: [Laughs] Yes, I can be a good animated character, you're right. We'll plot it. Maybe in the future there'll be more WALL-E. Future! Ha-ha-ha.

TVGuide.com: You said you were dreading the end of the show. How are you coping? Will your birthday next Friday cheer you up?

Lysacek: I'm sad, but I'm still busy. I'm heading back to Stars on Ice. Then I'm going to Korea, doing a bunch of stuff for my sponsors. ... I'm going to be in Korea, skating two shows, on my birthday. Maybe they'll surprise me with something crazy. Koreans are the greatest, greatest fans. I love them. ... I want a new car [for my birthday]. I haven't had time to go car shopping. I want one so bad! I want to go drive a bunch of cars and figure out what I want, but I won't have time until some time in July. Belated birthday present!

FORT Newbie

I feel a bit sad for Anna as the show has come to a close. I have heard several of the pros over the seasons state they go through withdrawal from the time spent with their celebrity. She not only is leaving Evan, the DWTS family, but also Evan's SOI family. I'm sure over the course of their time traveling with SOI she has made many new friends who have come to love her and vice versa. I so hope she is asked back next season. She was just a joy to watch and support along with Evan.

I'm sure it's difficult; I'm going through withdrawal and I spent the entire season watching from my couch!

I finally watched the Larry King interview with the final 3 couples (plus CA and Bruno) and another thing Anna mentioned about working with Evan was that it was a huge challenge to get him to turn in both directions -- since he had only turned left in all his years on the ice. She said he would get dizzy after half a spin, and he kept stepping on her feet and tripping himself up. It sounds like the skating advantage wasn't as significant as a lot of people think.

Thanks for posting that article. Evan is such a class act!!! I loved the bond he and Anna developed, I'm sure they will be close friends for life.

I miss them already!

FORT Regular

Reminder - Evan is up for Best Male Olympian at the Espy's tonight. The 'family' is coming to support him - Erin, Maks, Cheryl, Tony and Niecy for sure. Show starts at 8pm with red carpet/pre-show at 6pm.

Looks like Evan will be hosting a new spinoff tour with a bunch of DwTS cast members:

Evan's back in dancing heaven

Looks like Donald Trump has selected Evan as one of the judges for the Miss Universe pageant. An unexpected perk for winning the gold medal.

+ Reply to Thread