+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

CA may have rubbed the "no Olympian that has made the finals has lost" bit so people will remember to ask him what it feels like to be the first. If Nicole didn't have Derek, I wouldn't think she's such a lock. I hope I'm wrong. I thought all 3 freestyles lacked something that the others made up for; Nicole's had the technique, Erin's the creativity, Evan's the high energy and fun atmosphere. Put them together and you might have had the freestyle to end all freestyles. Evan's freestyle scored down there with some that were far worse. I don't think it deserved that.

Win or lose, I've enjoyed watching these two all season. I'm glad Anna was finally able to showcase what a fabulous dancer and choreographer she is, and given her due with a great partner. I can only hope she'll be back next season, or that the show hasn't given up on giving her great partners with potential. It's been great having her make it so far again. She and Evan came up with some very memorable, fun routines.

I was disappointed in how they ended up at the end of the night. I would love to see them win but after the comments they got for the freestyle I'm not too sure they will.

I couldn't believe the judges scores/comments for their freestyle! Made me so mad! I enjoyed their freestyle, and thought it showed how much Evan has come out of his shell. LOvED their V. Waltz!

I don't like how the freestyle dance is often the deciding factor.

I voted like crazy for them. I would so love to see them win, but I', not feeling too hopeful.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tonight I wanted to cry at different points, all for different reasons, but these two almost had me bawling in their farewell video. I thought the show was tacky in itself towards these two tonight. First Len's comment that Nicole should win before Evan even danced, not even giving them a 30 on their KO dance (I disagree it was 2 points worse than Derek/Nicole's jive), and keeping the camera squarely on Nicole/Derek after they won. Whoever said it in the episode thread nailed it: Anna looked defeated. I felt so bad for Anna. This was her best chance to win ever, and who knows when she'll make it to the finals again.

She and Evan can go out proud, though. She turned me into a fan of his. They were such a good match for each other, and really showed how to respect this whole ordeal, as well as themselves and their roles. Very memorable performances throughout the season that I'll remember for a long time. I saw a new side to Anna, just like with Maks. Mirrorball or not, they went out with the class they came in with. Anna's got her great hubby to go home to, hopefully more time on the show, and Evan's got a great future ahead of him, especially if he sticks with skating.

I am a very un-happy person. I wanted these two to win so badly! Evan is a true champion in my eyes. He took all of the judges' criticism with his head held high, and LEARNED from it. He never told Anna how to do her job, he trusted his pro partner & listened to her, unlike many, if not most, other couples. They were a great match.

I just want to say that I love Evan & am a huge fan of his, more so than any other celebrity that has ever been on this show, and I really enjoyed not only his dances, but he himself. He is a great guy!

FORT Fogey

I never voted for Evan, but then I didn't vote for anyone.

I got an e-mail with the list of skaters from Stars on Ice who would appear locally. Evan's name wasn't on the list. Then I got an e-mail with an invitation to the meet-and-greet... but, Evan was the skater that I wanted to meet and greet!

I was indifferent to Evan coming in second on DWTS. I wouldn't have cared one way or the other if Evan had been first. I'm still disappointed that I didn't get to see him skate his gold-medal winning performance in person.

FORT Fogey

I hope Anna learned a lot this season. I hate to say that she should be taking notes, but she should be taking notes. I think Maks and Derek both beat her on the pro side of the competition. She looked great as she performed but she made a few errors in judgment. I hope she builds on this experience because I do really like her.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3914909;
    I hope Anna learned a lot this season. I hate to say that she should be taking notes, but she should be taking notes. I think Maks and Derek both beat her on the pro side of the competition. She looked great as she performed but she made a few errors in judgment. I hope she builds on this experience because I do really like her.
    I agree. I would love to have seen a face-off in the final with Evan & Julianne -- especially with the freestyle. I loved what Julianne did with Apolo.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3914909;
    I have to say I disagree - look at the Paso Doble, which outshined I feel ALL the dances this season (and yes, I admit Nicole and Derek had a couple of knockouts). Mind you, the paso is the one that the man is supposed to outshine too, and she really gave him competition so he'd actually do that - and he's still to my best knowledge the ONLY person who's truly outshined the pro dancer.

If anything, pressure got to her here - not her skills. Derek and I believe Maks had both made it to the finals, and Anna I think may have done it once, but I'm not sure. It also affected Evan as well as we saw.

Derek also regularly gets strong to near ringers in this competition - those who have good dance experience, so his ability is being rather unfairly slanted here. If he did this with say any other dancer this season (well... save possibly Kate, I don't think anything would've saved her), then I'd totally agree with your comment.

I take it back, the ONLY note I know of right now I'd get from him is to not act like a total douchebag if you win, and don't let anyone put you on their shoulders unless your partner gets the same treatment, and first.

Maks? - possibly in some dances but not others. There are some notes she could get from him, such as if need be jumping around to make your point that you need it to be a certain way (the cuteness I think would ease tension and make it work), but not choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3914201;
    Tonight I wanted to cry at different points, all for different reasons, but these two almost had me bawling in their farewell video. I thought the show was tacky in itself towards these two tonight. First Len's comment that Nicole should win before Evan even danced, not even giving them a 30 on their KO dance (I disagree it was 2 points worse than Derek/Nicole's jive), and keeping the camera squarely on Nicole/Derek after they won. Whoever said it in the episode thread nailed it: Anna looked defeated. I felt so bad for Anna. This was her best chance to win ever, and who knows when she'll make it to the finals again.

She and Evan can go out proud, though. She turned me into a fan of his. They were such a good match for each other, and really showed how to respect this whole ordeal, as well as themselves and their roles. Very memorable performances throughout the season that I'll remember for a long time. I saw a new side to Anna, just like with Maks. Mirrorball or not, they went out with the class they came in with. Anna's got her great hubby to go home to, hopefully more time on the show, and Evan's got a great future ahead of him, especially if he sticks with skating.
    Well said1! Totally agree with all your comments. I did cry at times. I was so hoping they would win. I really enjoyed their partnership, both in the behind the scenes and the dancing. I also enjoyed watching Evan improve.

I just wanted to hug Anna, she looked so sad and defeated.

He is a real class act. So sweet and humble, even when the judges were harsh.

They are both winners in my book.

+ Reply to Thread