+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

I don't think Anna is boring just like Tony she gets nothing to work with. If you got a dancer or a token hot girl every season like Derek, it is easier to work with. Even Julianne did not really get stinkers to work with nor Mark Ballas. Edyta is my favorite, but she could use some choreography lessons because she goes fifty fifty with good to bad partners, but I find her dancing on the boring side. I just like her so much that I still enjoy watching her.

FORT Fogey

I think Evan will be the one to beat. He's graceful and he'll have the work ethic. Plus, he's a looker.

Has there ever been an olympic champion on the show that didn't do really well or win the whole thing? Apolo won, Kristi won and so did Shawn. Only olympian that didn't do quite as well was Maurice I think, but he lasted 8 weeks still.

So based on that, I guess Evan should do quite well considering he just won gold and is fresh on everyone's mind and not bad looking either. The plus side is that Anna T will probably hang around longer than ever this season.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3847671;
    I'll be rooting for Evan but I'm afraid Anna's boringness is going to be his downfall.
    He has the potential to win it all: athleticism, great line, grace, strong fanbase, etc. I agree, it'll depend on how well the routine/choreography that Anna puts together. She'll need to "ham it up" on the expression, how well she sells, like how Cheryl Burke does it. Evan will be fine in that part also.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3848415;
    Did he really say that...that's hilarious!!!

I watched Evan in the Olympics (didn't really know of him before, although he is from the next town over), but I was surprised to know that he had a girlfriend. Kind of like Aaron Carter to me. Maybe I will change my mind as I see more of him.
    Yup, Apolo said that on The Tonight Show on Wednesday.

As for Evan: Oh my... He is nothing like Aaron. Rest assured! I didn't have anything against Aaron, but Evan is still nothing like him. Very mature, very professional, very dedicated. In all the time I've followed him, I've never seen him display any irritating/abrasive tendencies that Aaron tended to do. Never heard anything bad about him at all, really.

I assume Nastia Luikin is the girl you're referring to; I was surprised to read about that too! He claims he's single though, so sounds like just a casual thing, if anything at all. She's very talented in her own right, regardless of what's going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3849137;
    Yup, Apolo said that on The Tonight Show on Wednesday.

As for Evan: Oh my... He is nothing like Aaron. Rest assured! I didn't have anything against Aaron, but Evan is still nothing like him. Very mature, very professional, very dedicated. In all the time I've followed him, I've never seen him display any irritating/abrasive tendencies that Aaron tended to do. Never heard anything bad about him at all, really.
    He's taken a few shots at Johnny Weir in the press, which has irked me about him. But the Nat'l Figure Skating Association rewards people who do that, since they also do it themselves in all kinds of ways. The bias even showed in the NBC commentators, especially Scott Hamilton, who all but called for Evan to be canonized and Weir to be banished to Siberia.

I suppose not a whole lot of this is Evan's fault, it's the world he lives in. But it bugged me during the Olympics. I'm willing to start with a clean slate for the new season, though.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I've never heard him say anything about Weir, so I would have to look that up and see what he said. However, unless it's blatantly rude, I doubt I would care, to be perfectly honest. I cannot stand Weir for a multitude of reasons and am very thankful he is not the skater on this season.

Funny how perspectives are different, isn't it? Assuming you're referring to the Olympics coverage, I thought Scott fell all over Plushenko, and barely acknowledged Evan until he actually won the Gold, and was fairly irked by that (and I love Scott)!

It's hard to tell exactly who Scott loved more, since most of his commenary during routines consisted of grunts and moans.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3849161;
    It's hard to tell exactly who Scott loved more, since most of his commenary during routines consisted of grunts and moans.
    I know and it wasn't any of the men. It was that little Korean girl who won the women's gold. I thought Scott would die of sure bliss right then.

As to the Weir/Evan situation, that was the first time I had seen the two of them skate. I was busy for the short skate and didn't see it either. What I took away from the long skate was that Weir is technically quite the skater - really very good, but he just isn't going to get an Olympian platfom spot as long as he continues to push over the top drama in the judges' faces - judges who have the say to come up with the scores. It became obvious to me very quickly that the judges just don't take to the drama , and they won't discard it even for the sake of exquisite skating. Bottom line - at least to me - is that at some point Weir is going to have to decide which is more important to him - remaining true to what he feels and wants to do, or conforming in order to skate for the top medals.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Weir has said more than once that he's more interested in the artistry of his skating than the athleticism of it, which runs counter to the new judging rules. I'm certain that this was his last Olympics, and that his competitive career is quickly coming to a close. He probably prefers the pro/exhibition circuit, since there's no one there to tell him he can't skate to Lady Gaga.

Back to Lysacek: I think it would be a big surprise if he didn't end up in the final three. But you never know until you see them on the dance floor, I guess...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread