+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Whatever happens tomorrow, I think Evan has been an absolute joy to watch this season. I'm one of those viewers who won't tune in for the series if none of the celebrities are of interest to me (and more often than not, I'd never even heard of them!) so to see him go this far has been very entertaining. Which is pretty much the reason I own a TV, so I'm a happy camper. :-)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think it was taken out of context. I just wonder why tonight did they decide to give them the negative edit when the winner is announced tomorrow. They could have left that out, like they can any overly positive or negative footage. Granted, I really don't think it'll matter that much as it might have week 1. And I do think it helped pave the way for the criticism the judges gave them. It fit too well with what went on in their rehearsal. Freestyles are a different concept to the pros, and I think the more times they hit the finals, the easier it becomes for some of them. Obviously Derek isn't a traditionalist and is always thinking outside the box for every dance, whereas most other pros stick to the rules. Because there are no rules, and anything goes, I think it's harder for someone like Anna to find her way. Especially with a talented partner that she knows she might actually be able to win with.

And I answered my own question on putting ballroom in freestyles-I guess they can't choreograph an entire freestyle that is a ballroom routine, but can throw bits and pieces of the different style in there. I think that's a stupid rule. Let them do what they want, because the freestyle round is starting to tank. I did enjoy Evan/Anna's routine. For a second attempt in the finals, I thought she did really well.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-25-2010 at 03:03 AM.

DWTS should end the season with the dancers' favorite/best dance of the season. Too often now the Final is a let down.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Those judges are just.. wow, unbelievable. Evan & Anna's Freestyle was awesome! A joy to watch (which we did twice!), he let go, had a ton of fun & very unique. They should have received 10's & nothing less. One of the best Freestyles I have seen of all seasons. Pure fun, I loved it!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

There was no reason to punish them with 8's. Which is like giving the worst of all scores since there are only three couples and you get the lowest score of all of them. What was so bad that they did that? That really does smack of revenge for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want him to be Olympic champ and mirror ball champ all in the same year, lol. Yes, that mirror ball could really give him the big head.....not...

Maybe Anna an Evan are so far ahead they tried to bring them down a bit. I hope Evan wins I think he got more calls than most. Do not count Evan out Champs like him usually succeed.
    I am a bit tired of Derek always winning. It is time for someone else to win. If you notice he always gets great partners also.

redheadmiss: Maybe Anna an Evan are so far ahead they tried to bring them down a bit. I hope Evan wins I think he got more calls than most. Do not count Evan out Champs like him usually succeed.
    I am a bit tired of Derek always winning. It is time for someone else to win. If you notice he always gets great partners also.
    I tend to think the judges base their votes on the pros mostly. Derek always gets the best celebrity partner, so did his sister Julianne. Neither ever get bad partners. Could it be the show depends on one of these two to carry the show? I personally prefer Alec and Edyta but they aren't as popular but just as good as the Hough dancers. Alec is rarely on and Edyta seems to always get a bad partner. How long would Derek last if he drew a partner like some of the pros, he wouldn't, he would leave the show. If Julianne comes back next year she will get the best partner. Producers want to keep her and Derek.

I seriously doubt viewer votes count for anything other than judge how many people are watching. The producers have already made their mind up who they want to win and that will be who wins either with or without viewer input.

I think they did a fantastic job and of cousre I voted for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3912574;
    Those judges are just.. wow, unbelievable. Evan & Anna's Freestyle was awesome! A joy to watch (which we did twice!), he let go, had a ton of fun & very unique. They should have received 10's & nothing less. One of the best Freestyles I have seen of all seasons. Pure fun, I loved it!
    Jive is probably my least favorite of the dance forms on this show, and given Evan's physicality, is really not suited to him. Evan showed us with the paso last week the kinds of dancing he was built to do--he's got the looks, the height and the power to be a consummate Latin dancer. Which is why it felt like to me going backwards by doing another jive, the same dance that broke his toes in Week 2. I just think jive is campy and kind of childish, worlds removed from how he wowed us last week.

That being said . . .this dance was not without its 'Wow!' factor. When Evan jumped off those stairs and took flight like he was blasting off, I was like , holy cr@p . . any higher and he would've gone into orbit. How does such a big guy defy gravity and not even on a snowboard?? Eat your heart out, Shaun White! It was fun, and he was obviously having a great time. Evan's conception of himself is obviously more 'nerd' than 'Latin Lothario'. What a shame the judges had to get all fangy and deflate his balloon of happiness. Furthermore it was a diss to Anna.

Setting up an Evan/Anna win or just paving the way for an inevitable Nicole/Derek sweep? I don't know, but I have found the judging to be very erratic lately.

FORT Fogey

I felt badly for Anna last night. They both failed miserably with that last dance so they deserved the scores they got. I still felt badly for Anna because she really tried hard to make something amazing happen. I think she just lacks good judgment.

+ Reply to Thread