+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3910654;
    Did you all see them / Nicole & Derek / Erin & Maks on Larry King yesterday?

I got to see it at the gym, but I missed when Nicole & Derek came out with Carrie Ann and Bruno at the end.

Did anybody hear what they had to say about Nicole?
    Wait, Bruno and CA were there, too? Where is Len? He's the only judge who makes common sense and can keep a somewhat unbiased opinion on things.

If Erin/Maks can't win, I'm really hoping Evan/Anna (more so Anna) take it. But either way, I think those two couples are going out of this season with a lot more even if they don't win. They came in as non-dancers (previous background experience aside, Erin sure as heck hasn't even looked remotely like a dancer, but not a bad clunker, and Evan hasn't gotten much ringer status slack). So the show can have their best season ever, best final 3 ever, most competitive season/finals ever, and have their designated best dancer who already had it locked up week 1 take it all, and try and make it seem like no one saw the final 2 coming. Erin and Evan came in, learned, improved, took their lumps, and gained new fans. Hopefully this entices the show to give Anna and Maks better partners more often.

So, are Evan/Anna repeating several of their previous dance routines?

I think they have built their momentum to make it to the Finals 2 but the judge control of the final points concerns me. No matter what . . . I am rooting for Evan/Anna until the glass trophy is in their hands!
    That is what I'm not sure on. I'm going to assume so, unless they have to learn yet another routine and/or they both (final 2) are performing their previous or new quick steps. Their quick step was a good one, and early on enough to where Evan can show improvement on it, plus it went over well with the judges and audience.

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed they didn't do more to acknowledge the 10th season of the show. This was the show everyone laughed at and the tacky mirrorball designers admitted they just threw something together because they didn't think they'd be making another of those trophies.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-23-2010 at 05:33 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3910770;
    I want Evan & Anna to win so badly! I want them to win more than any other couple in any other season.
    This is exactly how I feel about Erin & Maksim. I have such high regard for her both on and off the dance floor. They have a great partnership. Maksim with her if so much fun! I know they're a long shot and will probably end up third but I am throwing all my votes their way. It's going to be a great final.

I am behind Evan and Anna all the way and I hope and pray they win it all. That said, my second choice is Erin.

I must say I'm a bit worried about the outcome because the final vote is among three couples. It's not like the fans vote among those final three, where one is eliminated, and the they vote again to determine the winner. I have a feeling the Evan and Erin fans will vote like mad but Nicole will slip through and win the trophy because we (the Evan and Erin fans) won't get to choose between the final two..
    Last edited by tinderbox; 05-23-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3910828;
    I am behind Evan and Anna all the way and I hope and pray they win it all. That said, my second choice is Erin.

I must say I'm a bit worried about the outcome because the final vote is between three couples. It's not like the fans vote among the final three, where one is eliminated, and the they vote again to determine the winner. I have a feeling the Evan and Erin fans will vote like mad but Nicole will slip through and win the trophy because we (the Evan and Erin fans) won't get to choose between the final two..
    I'm worried about that, too. I soooooooo want Evan to win! I'll be voting like crazy! My (distant) second choice would be Erin.

Donny & Kym's freestyle was one of my favorite freestyles ever.

I agree with the person who said Anna has a lot to work with (talent-wise) for the free-style. Jerry Rice wasn't that great a dancer (in my opinion), so she was limited with what she could do in the freestyle.

I'm really going to miss seeing E&A dance every week.

We need to pump out the votes for Evan and Anna. We can't assume he will be safe. VOTE AWAY!!

Re: the dances on Monday, they generally perform one routine they did during the season and then repeat a style with a new routine. Sometimes it's a style they did really well with but, more often than not, it's one they didn't do so well, so they can show improvement.

I'm another one who's torn between Evan and Erin. If I didn't love Maks so much, it would be an easy decision. Not that I don't like Erin, but I love Maks and think they make a great pair. I would love to see either Erin or Evan win and I keep vacillating on which one I'll vote for because I will be happy for either of them if they win and sad for either of them if they lose. I've been splitting my votes between them all season, but I think I need to choose this time for the reasons everyone has discussed. If Nicole wins, I'll be bummed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3910867;
    We need to pump out the votes for Evan and Anna. We can't assume he will be safe. VOTE AWAY!!
    Absolutely! Let's do it!

I am supporting Evan and Anna until they have the Mirror Ball Trophy in their hot little hands! They are strong contenders to win but the competition will be too close so we can't leave it to chance! Evan and Anna have been a joy to watch this season! They have delivered some great dance routines and make a great dancing couple. I would love to see Anna in the #1 spot for a change and will do my part Monday night to see that it happens!

[QUOTE=karalott;3910771;]Wait, Bruno and CA were there, too? Where is Len? He's the only judge who makes common sense and can keep a somewhat unbiased opinion on things.

Yes Bruno and CA were there.
    First, Larry talked with all the couples together. Then he brought out each couple individually with Bruno and CA. That's why I was wondering what they had to say about Nicole and Derek as I had to leave the gym when they were scheduled to go on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3910957;
    Absolutely! Let's do it!

I am supporting Evan and Anna until they have the Mirror Ball Trophy in their hot little hands! They are strong contenders to win but the competition will be too close so we can't leave it to chance! Evan and Anna have been a joy to watch this season! They have delivered some great dance routines and make a great dancing couple. I would love to see Anna in the #1 spot for a change and will do my part Monday night to see that it happens!
    I've never voted before, but plan on it just because I love Ev. How does the voting work on the show? Is it only a half hour after the show?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3911154;
    I've never voted before, but plan on it just because I love Ev. How does the voting work on the show? Is it only a half hour after the show?
    Online voting (which at this point is a huge hassle) you can start at 8 pm and have until I think 11 am the following day. Phone/text voting starts at 8 up until half an hour after the show ends. So Monday will be 8-9:30 for those options.

+ Reply to Thread