+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Who is Summer Glau? I've never heard of her.

Would love to see Sasha Cohen or Michele Kwan.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3907073;

Summer Glau is probably most well known as River Tam in Firefly/Serenity, but she's done a lot since then, including appearances and recurring roles on:

The Big Bang Theory (as herself)
    Dollhouse (as Bennett Halverson)
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (as Cameron Phillips)
    The 4400 (as Tess Doerner)
    The Unit (as Crystal Burns)

New series for 2010: The Cape
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3907063;
    I've always liked Sasha Cohen and agree she'd be a great partner for Louis. Her amazing flexibility would shine in the ballroom dances.

I doubt they'll ever cast Summer Glau since she really would be as much of a ringer as Mya, but she'd be another fantastic partner for Louis.
    Totally! I just watched the episode of Angel with her as a ballerina - I'd forgotten about it. She's fantastic but, ITA, a total ringer.

I love Evan and Johnny and think the feud is kind of silly. I don't feel sorry for Johnny though - he gives as good as he gets. In the past few years, he's been wildly inconsistent in competition. Still, I think the people would turn out to see him in Stars on Ice. I wouldn't want him on DWTS though. I hate to even say it, because I really like him, but I think he's just too feminine for some of the dance styles. I just don't think Johnny could pull it off.

I've watched Evan and Anna's Paso twice today. Apparently, they had planned to have him in a cape with vampire fangs and the black dracula hair, but it didn't work out. They may try it in the encore though. Evan says he's a huge True Blood fan, to the point of actually missing a SOI routine because he was backstage watching a TB episode and missed his cue. it makes me love him even more to know we're obsessed with the same show!

I would have loved to see Erin and Maks get an encore, but they didn't deserve it this week. They should have gotten it last week. This week's solo could only go to Evan and Anna, IMO. That Paso just stood out.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Michelle is another high class individual who is definitely an international A-lister. Id love to see her do the show.

Unfortunately, Michelle isn't performing right now. She has moved on to other phases of her life. If memory serves she is finishing up her graduate degree in international diplomacy while working for the US state department as an international envoy. I doubt she'd do the show right now.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Michelle was on my list of potential ringers, but I could go for Sasha. Both are the right size for Louis. He's one of a handful that's never had a ringer so it'd be nice to really get to see him give it all he's got.

ETA: Wow, thanks for posting that DancingDad. That's impressive. We see these athletes and watch them for so many years, and even after their days of competition are done, still remember them. But I always wonder what happens to them and what path they go on in life.

I had heard Canadian figure skater Joannie Rochette had mentioned an interest in doing the show as well. I wouldn't be surprised if next season they skipped casting a skater, but we'll probably get an Olympian in some form.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So happy these two made it to the finals! I also loved watching Anna's backstory, especially the part about her and Jonathan. I can never get enough of them dancing together on the show. The chemistry is untouchable. I'm sure next week will be a good one for them.

Evan and Anna can win this! I hope they do because they have worked hard as a couple to improve their performance and earn it. Evan has been so humble despite him being a gold medalist and Anna has shown that she is an excellent choreograhpher. Loved both their dances this week and they earned the top spot and encore performance.

Evan and Ann are the couple to beat!

I sooo want Even & Anna to win this! I love them both, but especially Evan. :love

Their Paso was even better the second time... best Paso of all seasons IMO. I could easily watch it over & over & over......
    And the song, 'Bring Me To Life' by Evanescence worked perfectly as well. Love it!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

FORT Newbie

Their Paso was even better the second time... best Paso of all seasons IMO. I could easily watch it over & over & over......
    IA. Of course, the judges probably don't think so. I notice they didn't fawn over it the way they did with Nicole and Derek's 50s paso, which was admittedly cool as hell, but best dance of all seasons? Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3907724;
    Evan and Anna can win this! I hope they do because they have worked hard as a couple to improve their performance and earn it. Evan has been so humble despite him being a gold medalist and Anna has shown that she is an excellent choreograhpher. Loved both their dances this week and they earned the top spot and encore performance.

Evan and Ann are the couple to beat!
    I soooooo happy they can win this! I just loved their 2 dances on Monday (my favorite dances of the night), and I was really happy they got the encore. The judges feel differently, but I personally thought their Paso was the best ever on DWTS.

Evan's been improving, and as you said, he's also been sweet and humble thrut he whole thinng. You're right, Anna has proved herself to be a great choreography. It's so nice to see her paired with such a great partner.

I really enjoyed the background story on Anna, especially the comments from Jonathan. So sweet. I loved their waltz last night. Wow, so beautiful!!

+ Reply to Thread