+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Once again, these two deserved the top spot by themselves tonight but at least they didn't get jipped out of sharing it. That paso was definitely something. If there is a dance of the season, that'd be one of them for me. I love that Anna let most of the focus of the dance be on Evan. That's how you do a solo, and that's how you showcase your celeb. She's done a great job this season, and I'm so glad she's had a chance to really shine. Though I feel like these guys are destined for second, I've certainly enjoyed them this season and think Evan has come a long ways. They deserve it, imo.

I know that the show usually pick the repeat performances for the eliminated couples. The final 3, unelss they changed the format, all dance a repeat dance as well to be re-scored by the judges. I always assumed they picked their own dance but I'm curious now. I think the scoring may be telling next week as to what outcome they're leaning towards. Obviously the freestyle is going to be a crucial round and I think we'll see 2 different styles from Derek and Anna. Whatever their encore dance is, if they're allowed to pick, I bet we'll see them go for their highest scores ones, which may or may not be a good thing. So it'll really be interesting how it breaks down next week.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-18-2010 at 03:14 AM.

WOW! That was one hell of a Paso! I will remember that one like I do Mel B & Maks' along with Drew & Cheryl's.

That Paso was simply awesome!!! and I loved their Fox Trot too - for once I saw a wonderful connection with him and Anna. He must stay to dance at the finals.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

During the Paso, did I see him perform a triple spin in the air like a triple axle (I don't know the proper term)? He took my breath away the dance was so powerful and precise. And he smiled big with crinkly eyes during the foxtrot. No more Mr. Robot guy. Keep it up, Evan!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3906514;
    During the Paso, did I see him perform a triple spin in the air like a triple axle (I don't know the proper term)? He took my breath away the dance was so powerful and precise. And he smiled big with crinkly eyes during the foxtrot. No more Mr. Robot guy. Keep it up, Evan!
    Evan did a single axel jump with a forward landing. I know it looked like more, but it wasn't. Makes you realize just how difficult the triple jumps are on the ice.

I felt like Evan really showed growth tonight form where he started at the beginning of the season. While Evan always had the body control, and that kept him in the competition, he lacked emotion in his dancing. Not tonight! Wow, what a performance. He brought the whole package. If you want to look at growth in dance look at the way Evan learned to express himself on the dance floor. That is what the show is all about.

I voted for Evan tonight for the win. Not only did he have the dance of the night (maybe the season), but he showed true growth during the show. This is in contrast to Nicole who always had the expression going for her from the first dance.

[QUOTE=DancingDad;3906536I felt like Evan really showed growth tonight form where he started at the beginning of the season. While Evan always had the body control, and that kept him in the competition, he lacked emotion in his dancing. Not tonight! Wow, what a performance. He brought the whole package. If you want to look at growth in dance look at the way Evan learned to express himself on the dance floor. That is what the show is all about.

I voted for Evan tonight for the win. Not only did he have the dance of the night (maybe the season), but he showed true growth during the show. This is in contrast to Nicole who always had the expression going for her from the first dance.[/QUOTE]

Evan has handled this season with humility and grace. He gives all the credit to Anna, which is wonderful to see. And he has worked so hard.

As much as I am an Erin/Maks fan - I think she's worked hard too - Evan deserves to win this. i disagree with those who say he had an "advantage" coming into this, as he had to "unlearn" many skating habits to do well here. He has taken the judges' comments each week and made a point to strengthen his weaknesses.

His Paso tonight took my breath away!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3890855;
    What about Evan is conceited??
    I have not been following this season of DWTS, but happened to have it on last night when Evan danced the Paso and I have to grudgingly admit that he was very good.

NRH - Your question above was in response to RealityLovesMe, who stated that she was a huge Johnny Weir fan. I follow figure skating, and for the last few years there has been ongoing animosity between Evan and Johnny (which in some cases has been weirdly entertaining). IMO, it is not at all difficult to come away with the impression that Evan is both conceited and rude. The last round that I recall is when the Stars on Ice people declined to include Johnny in their show, and in a public interview Evan implied that they did not include him because JW isn't talented enough. This is the interview quote from Evan: "They only hire the best of the best to skate, it would've been hard of them to justify hiring [Weir]." While JW may not have won the gold in the Olympics, he is still a top male skater in this country and I thought this comment from Evan was out-of-line. JW is extremely talented and a wonderful performer; many people were disappointed that he would not be on the SOI tour.

I realize this is slightly off the DWTS topic, but I just wanted to comment on why people are anti-Evan based on behavior they have seen from him in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3906614;
    I have not been following this season of DWTS, but happened to have it on last night when Evan danced the Paso and I have to grudgingly admit that he was very good.

NRH - Your question above was in response to RealityLovesMe, who stated that she was a huge Johnny Weir fan. I follow figure skating, and for the last few years there has been ongoing animosity between Evan and Johnny (which in some cases has been weirdly entertaining). IMO, it is not at all difficult to come away with the impression that Evan is both conceited and rude. The last round that I recall is when the Stars on Ice people declined to include Johnny in their show, and in a public interview Evan implied that they did not include him because JW isn't talented enough. This is the interview quote from Evan: "They only hire the best of the best to skate, it would've been hard of them to justify hiring [Weir]." While JW may not have won the gold in the Olympics, he is still a top male skater in this country and I thought this comment from Evan was out-of-line. JW is extremely talented and a wonderful performer; many people were disappointed that he would not be on the SOI tour.

I realize this is slightly off the DWTS topic, but I just wanted to comment on why people are anti-Evan based on behavior they have seen from him in the past.
    Wow! That brings out a whole new surprising side of Evan. If you had been watching the show this season, you would see he has projected a very humble, "it's hard not to cheer for the others because we're all working so hard" persona. I'm not familiar with him in his skating world as I haven't been following that as I have in years past.
    I'm still a fan because I so want Anna to win if Erin doesn't, but that comment makes me sad if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3906637;
    Wow! That brings out a whole new surprising side of Evan. If you had been watching the show this season, you would see he has projected a very humble, "it's hard not to cheer for the others because we're all working so hard" persona. I'm not familiar with him in his skating world as I haven't been following that as I have in years past.
    I'm still a fan because I so want Anna to win if Erin doesn't, but that comment makes me sad if it's true.
    The quote was reported quite widely. Both Lysachek and Weir have said mean and catty things to each other. The difference in how they are perceived has everything to do with their personalities. Johnny is flamboyant and is known to say whatever the heck he wants so people aren't surprised when he calls Evan a "slore" on a talk show (as he did recently) - it comes off like he's joking and people laugh it off. Evan, on the other hand, works hard to groom his image as the "All-American guy" - so when he says stuff like this it comes across as serious and harsh.

Here's one place where you can read the quote in its entirety...
    Johnny Weir Shoots Back At Evan Lysacek
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-18-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3906614;
    The last round that I recall is when the Stars on Ice people declined to include Johnny in their show, and in a public interview Evan implied that they did not include him because JW isn't talented enough. This is the interview quote from Evan: "They only hire the best of the best to skate, it would've been hard of them to justify hiring [Weir]." While JW may not have won the gold in the Olympics, he is still a top male skater in this country and I thought this comment from Evan was out-of-line. JW is extremely talented and a wonderful performer; many people were disappointed that he would not be on the SOI tour.
    I have to disagree here to a point - while it does sound conceited (and probably has been just after the Olympics where Evan won a gold he really wasn't expected to - never mind the Plushenko issue), it also is a sad point of the industry he works in. Stars on Ice does indeed put in the best skaters, and while Weir is a good one, so are many others who for them they don't compete anymore yet are still really popular with fans.

And, unfortunately, Weir's flamboyant attitude, rather speaking how he feels - and no holds barred here - and calling people names, such as Evan a "slore," does not help his case any, though in fairness to Evan he probably doesn't know that.

Totally understand. Personally, I thought that Weir should've gotten the bronze over the one who did, but it wasn't meant to be. He skated his best performance yet, but chose to not do the harder tricks that would've easily given him a bronze (the Japanese skater afterall DID fall). I do wonder if he rues that decision to a point afterall given how much celebrity (sorta) Evan has gotten since.

+ Reply to Thread