+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 308

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

  1. #191
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;3902167;
    Er, no it isn't. Not necessarily. There are plenty of different types of chemistry. Two friends can have a great platonic chemistry, for example.
    Have to agree with this. There are people you click with, and people you don't. Who knows why? I have some male friends and coworkers I enjoy being around, and some I'm around that are just blah. There is no chemistry. Same as female friends and coworkers. I have met people at conferences that I will probably never see again and think of what good friends we would be if we lived closer to each other. I notice this more and more with the younger (20's) set. There are kids I think would be perfect for each other, but they just don't "click." I see it with my own daughter too. She has male friends who are like brothers to her and she has chemistry with them. Then she will meet someone that seems so nice, but there's nothing there (in a friendship or dating situation). So she doesn't go out of her way to see them.

    I think Evan and Anna have chemistry. They certainly seem comfortable with each other and seem not afraid to joke around with each other. Erin and Maks exhibit another kind of chemistry IMO. Cheryl and Chad and Niecy and Louis have it. So did Pam and Damian. I didn't see any with Kate and Tony. No matter how nice Tony is, and was to her, there just didn't seem to be any affection. And I'm one of the ones who didn't know much about Kate coming into this. I had never seen her show. I was actually rooting for her at first. But there didn't seem to be a connection between the two. With Derek and Nicole, I'm not sure. I really don't see a strong connection, but more of a professional, let's get this done, type of relationship. This is what I see. I'm sure others see it differently.

  2. #192
    Who is John Galt?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    983

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    I think chemistry and rapport are two similar emotions but are often confused. Chemistry is more what those viewing a relationship see and rapport is what two people are feeling toward each other. One can have chemistry with someone (especially the sexual variety), but have absolutely no rapport. Chemistry is more of a physical interaction, while rapport is emotional and/or mental. Evan and Anna exhibit this perfectly. They have a strong rapport but lack chemistry. Their relationship is more teacher/pupil or big sister/little brother. This is also true with Neicy and Louis. They have a terrific rapport, but no chemistry whatsoever. However, the opposite may be true for Maks and Erin. They have strong physical chemistry, but apparently they don't have much rapport with each other and seem to be odds much of the time. Derek and Nicole don't exhibit either to me. She is absolutely beautiful, but comes across colder than Evan and Derek is just Derek (same as he is with all his pretty partners - admiring and boyish). Cheryl and 85 - nothing (I can't stand him and she's seems to feel the same way).

  3. #193
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    100

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3902377;
    I think chemistry and rapport are two similar emotions but are often confused. Chemistry is more what those viewing a relationship see and rapport is what two people are feeling toward each other. One can have chemistry with someone (especially the sexual variety), but have absolutely no rapport. Chemistry is more of a physical interaction, while rapport is emotional and/or mental. Evan and Anna exhibit this perfectly. They have a strong rapport but lack chemistry. Their relationship is more teacher/pupil or big sister/little brother. This is also true with Neicy and Louis. They have a terrific rapport, but no chemistry whatsoever. However, the opposite may be true for Maks and Erin. They have strong physical chemistry, but apparently they don't have much rapport with each other and seem to be odds much of the time. Derek and Nicole don't exhibit either to me. She is absolutely beautiful, but comes across colder than Evan and Derek is just Derek (same as he is with all his pretty partners - admiring and boyish). Cheryl and 85 - nothing (I can't stand him and she's seems to feel the same way).
    Word!

    I think that's why I love watching Erin and Maks dance...their chemistry adds so much flavor to their dancing. It's fun.

  4. #194
    Who is John Galt?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    983

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by KatydidC;3902454;
    Word!

    I think that's why I love watching Erin and Maks dance...their chemistry adds so much flavor to their dancing. It's fun.
    Erin and Maks remind me of kids in middle school who really like each other but don't want to admit it so they tease and harrass each other. They are so cute together and have the best chemistry (sexual) of anyone Maks has been teamed with (including Karina).

  5. #195
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3902463;
    Erin and Maks remind me of kids in middle school who really like each other but don't want to admit it so they tease and harrass each other. They are so cute together and have the best chemistry (sexual) of anyone Maks has been teamed with (including Karina).
    Thumbs up to this post

    I will now take my giddiness over to the Erin and Maks thread.

    Love Evan, too !

  6. #196
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3902377;
    I think chemistry and rapport are two similar emotions but are often confused. Chemistry is more what those viewing a relationship see and rapport is what two people are feeling toward each other.
    I understand what you are saying but I still stand by my argument that Evan and Anna do have good chemistry. I am not getting the two confused. As I said, chemistry does not have to be romantic or sexual in nature. Two people can have good platonic chemistry with each other. After all, I am indeed a viewer and I see their relationship as being cute and adorable. TBH, I don't really know what sort of rapport Evan and Anna have. I'd like to think they like each other as much as it comes across on screen, but who knows.

  7. #197
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Chemistry, rapport - whatever you choose to call it, I still think Evan and Anna are fond of each other and it shows. I see it mostly as big sister/little brother too. I certainly don't see any romantic tension, although they do tease each other (like when Evan wanted her to give him instructions in a Russian accent). I guess the connotation of "chemisty" implies sensual/physical attraction to some. To me, as I said before, I believe there are all types.

    I have to go find a psychology major to explain this all to me. If I learn anything, I'll let you know. In the meantime I will enjoy their "interaction"!

  8. #198
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    I guess I agree it depends what you look for in chemistry, but I think Evan/Anna get along really well and it shows. I feel like Evan's got kind of a down to earth personality and with his work ethic isn't used to being showy. If there's anything I can criticize him on, I think he sometimes gets too wrapped up in what he's doing. His dancing doesn't suffer, but his personality click with Anna might. Good or clunky partners, Anna's always kept a smile on her face and just had fun with it. I think they are really enjoying themselves and having a blast. Given how close the cast seems, I'm sure whoever wins they'll all be happy for them.

    Anna's going to be dancing with Jonathan on Tuesday. I can't get enough pro dances from those two I hope we see Anna next season with another great partner.

    And another Cheryl/Evan sighting the other night so it makes me wonder if maybe those two have something going on on the side. Since she encouraged Evan to do the show and probably figured she'd get paired up with him, I wonder if that's part of her attitude problem this season.

  9. #199
    FORT Fogey Tobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,244

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Interesting Karalott. It seems Evan gets around lol. I read on one thread that Erin and he were interested in each other. I can't picture that, lol. She would be a handful for him...I think I could actually see him more with Cheryl. It would be easy to fall for each other in a showmance situation. I like Evan, he has an innocence about him that you don't see that much anymore. He is adorable.

  10. #200
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,423

    Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;3902523;
    I understand what you are saying but I still stand by my argument that Evan and Anna do have good chemistry. I am not getting the two confused. As I said, chemistry does not have to be romantic or sexual in nature. Two people can have good platonic chemistry with each other. After all, I am indeed a viewer and I see their relationship as being cute and adorable. TBH, I don't really know what sort of rapport Evan and Anna have. I'd like to think they like each other as much as it comes across on screen, but who knows.
    They do have chemistry, in a brother/sister kind of way - but the history of ballroom dancing is about sexual chemistry - just look at when the pros dance together - they know how to evoke that kind of chemistry with each other to the point people often wonder if something is happening between them in real life.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.