+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

I'll also go on record as saying Evan will win it all. I think he's got the drive and the chops to pull it off.

I'd love to see him win. I've absolutely adored the man for years; my 2nd favorite male skater ever, second only to Scott Hamilton. I'm slightly disappointed though that he won't get to stick it to Plushenko and his arrogant, obnoxious self once again in the Worlds.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3847223;
    Plushenko would never be on the show as he considers dancing to be for girls, not manly. Essentially he called Evan a `girl skater.' Anyhow, PLushenko woud probably try to wrestle the mirror ballout of the hands of whoever won.
    Or he could just make himself a platinum trophy to go along with his platinum medal I'll admit I find Evan a little on the boring side but I love Anna and think she'll be a great balance to that. I'm especially glad she's got such a great shot to win this season. I'll also go on record saying Evan's probably the one to beat but I personally hope it's not that cut and dry. This season has the potential to be really good, and I'd hate for it to be so predictable from day 1.

I think being a figure skater will be a huge advantage for Evan.

I know Evander Holyfield and Monica Seles were Olympians in their respective sports, but aside from those two, has any other Olympian not won this show? I think Evan is going to be helped by just coming off the Olympics, because he'll still be fresh in everyone's minds. Apolo thinks he'll win it, and also said he thinks Pamela will be too top heavy to get very far

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3847306;
    I know Evander Holyfield and Monica Seles were Olympians in their respective sports, but aside from those two, has any other Olympian not won this show? I think Evan is going to be helped by just coming off the Olympics, because he'll still be fresh in everyone's minds. Apolo thinks he'll win it, and also said he thinks Pamela will be too top heavy to get very far
    How could you forget Misty May, Louie Vito, Maurice Green, Floyd Mayweather and Natalie Coughlin. Misty May was injured, but it did not look like she would win, and Natalie Coughlin was undeservedly eliminated last season. Louie, Maurice & Floyd didn't get there either. They all did well, but it isn't a slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3847173;
    I love Evan, but Anna's dances are boring to me.
    I'll be rooting for Evan but I'm afraid Anna's boringness is going to be his downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3847671;
    I'll be rooting for Evan but I'm afraid Anna's boringness is going to be his downfall.
    The other Anna was dull, though I think her nerves got the best of her, but I find this Anna anything but boring. She's had some of the best one liners on this show (telling Maks that she was going to "walk all over his face" because he wouldn't get out of her way during a group dance rehearsal), and when Len criticized her and Jerry Rice's tango saying "it wasn't a proper tango, it was Blondie for God's sake!" I'm sure there's more I could think of. I loved her last season with Chuck. When they talked about cutting the cast back to 11 couples, I thought for sure Anna was on the chopping block, so what a nice surprise she got asked back (and got such a strong contender).

How could you forget Misty May, Louie Vito, Maurice Green, Floyd Mayweather and Natalie Coughlin. Misty May was injured, but it did not look like she would win, and Natalie Coughlin was undeservedly eliminated last season. Louie, Maurice & Floyd didn't get there either. They all did well, but it isn't a slam dunk
    Probably because Maurice and Floyd bored me, Misty it's not a fair comparision since she did go out due to an injury and not because she was voted (though personally I didn't see her in the finals at all), Natalie I'd rather forget because anytime I think of her going out when she did I want to cry (and I have a really bad feeling Erin might be this year's Natalie ), and Louie I didn't count because he hadn't made it to the Olympics yet. But good point, I guess it was more what Apolo said to Shawn during season 8 that I was thinking of-no Olympian that has made the finals has ever lost.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-04-2010 at 04:29 PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I agree. He should do very well considering his background, but she can possibly mess it up.

BTW - I love your avatar!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3847306;
    Did he really say that...that's hilarious!!!

I watched Evan in the Olympics (didn't really know of him before, although he is from the next town over), but I was surprised to know that he had a girlfriend. Kind of like Aaron Carter to me. Maybe I will change my mind as I see more of him.

I'm surprised anyone would find Anna T. boring. The other Anna, yes, but Anna T. is fiesty, cute and almost a force of nature. It makes me smile when I think of her married to calm, easy going Jonathan.

+ Reply to Thread