+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Evan says his favorite dances with Anna are the ones that are romantic.

During the dismount from the techno dance she gratuitously spread her legs.

During their practice she was dancing around with her back open and brassiere exposed.

Evan, she's married. Get your own girl.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3899517;
    I just LOVE this guy! He is a great dancer, funny & so sweet.

I think that the judges are being very unfair to him in a lot of his dances. His futuristic cha cha should have been a 30! Which reminds me... he looked really good with his hair standing up like that.
    I feel like the judges have nitpicked and lowballed Evan just to keep him down the leaderboard. He may not be the best and have flaws, but given how they have (or haven't) criticized/scored others, it should even out. He's definitely deserved higher marks on some dances he's done, and last night his cha cha was great. It didn't deserve an 8. Here's hoping we see him and Anna hoisting the mirrorball in the end. At least they'll go out with the same level of class they came in with-gracious either in defeat or victory.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3899863;
    I feel like the judges have nitpicked and lowballed Evan just to keep him down the leaderboard. He may not be the best and have flaws, but given how they have (or haven't) criticized/scored others, it should even out. He's definitely deserved higher marks on some dances he's done, and last night his cha cha was great. It didn't deserve an 8. Here's hoping we see him and Anna hoisting the mirrorball in the end. At least they'll go out with the same level of class they came in with-gracious either in defeat or victory.
    I totally disagree. Evan still won't adapt his body to do the movements the way the judges have been trying to tell him are necessary to dance ballroom in a winning fashion. Kristi was somehow able to do this, it's up to Evan to do it too. And he has less than zero chemistry with Anna, no matter how much she tries to draw him in, again because he's used to working alone. He's trying to please people rather than get lost in the moment -- the judges pegged that problem perfectly.

But Evan or Erin will obviously win this season, because America has apparently made up its mind about the personalities of the stars. To me, that's a shame.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3900056;
    I totally disagree. Evan still won't adapt his body to do the movements the way the judges have been trying to tell him are necessary to dance ballroom in a winning fashion. Kristi was somehow able to do this, it's up to Evan to do it too. And he has less than zero chemistry with Anna, no matter how much she tries to draw him in, again because he's used to working alone. He's trying to please people rather than get lost in the moment -- the judges pegged that problem perfectly.

But Evan or Erin will obviously win this season, because America has apparently made up its mind about the personalities of the stars. To me, that's a shame.
    I have to wonder if Evan can't adapt his body. He may be trying, and knowing Anna I'm sure she's trying to get him there, but it may just be something he can't do or can't do in the short amount of time he has to practice between dances. I realize it's something he should have worked on for weeks but that'd be like saying Kate could turn into a good dancer over time. Sometimes you can only go so far. I actually think they've been meaner to him than need be, but that's the theme of the season. Some couples have deserved the harsh words and low scores for screwing one thing up, yet it falls on people like Evan. I think what we're seeing of Evan is just his personality. And I think he and Anna get along great. What I see of Evan is a guy who's a perfectionist, who doesn't like to lose, and who can't stop training or overthinking when he's supposed to be dancing. That's where he can lose me at times, when he looks like he gets lost in the dances because he's trying to remember what comes next. That said, I have enjoyed him a lot this season, and am glad Anna at least will have done well for a change. Maybe the show will be as kind to her hubby next season.

Erin's my first choice to win, but I don't think she'll get past Chad next week. I want Evan in the finals, as he's my only hope of beating Nicole, but in no way do I think that'll happen, either.

FORT Newbie

And he has less than zero chemistry with Anna, no matter how much she tries to draw him in,
    I completely disagree. To me, Evan and Anna have more chemistry than Nicole and Derek do. Sure, it's not of the "I want to rip your clothes off" variety that Erin and Maks have, but it's a nice chemistry all the same. Nicole and Derek are just...cold. It's like, she's dancing and he's dancing, but they're not dancing together as a couple.

I do think the judges are nitpicking at Evan relative to the other stars. No, he's not perfect, so of course their criticism is valid. HOWEVER, when you look at how they're treating him compared to the others...yes, it is nitpicking. Nicole's technique is far from perfect and yet the judges can't bother to tell her what she needs to do. All they do is gush over how she's the bestest, most perfect, wonderful dancer to have ever been on DWTS. Gag me with a spoon. That said, to a degree I am happy that they continue giving Evan actual concrit, because at least he knows what he has to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;3901047;
    I completely disagree. To me, Evan and Anna have more chemistry than Nicole and Derek do. Sure, it's not of the "I want to rip your clothes off" variety that Erin and Maks have, but it's a nice chemistry all the same. Nicole and Derek are just...cold. It's like, she's dancing and he's dancing, but they're not dancing together as a couple.

I do think the judges are nitpicking at Evan relative to the other stars. No, he's not perfect, so of course their criticism is valid. HOWEVER, when you look at how they're treating him compared to the others...yes, it is nitpicking. Nicole's technique is far from perfect and yet the judges can't bother to tell her what she needs to do. All they do is gush over how she's the bestest, most perfect, wonderful dancer to have ever been on DWTS. Gag me with a spoon. That said, to a degree I am happy that they continue giving Evan actual concrit, because at least he knows what he has to work on.
    ITA with your whole post! They seem to have a great chemistry. I don't understand why people are saying otherwise. I imagine it's hard for him because she is married and I think she's a little older. I keep putting myself in the stars' shoes - you have to have chemistry with your pros, even if there is not much there to begin with. How would we all do with that? It would be hard for me. I think there's a genuine affection between the two of them. Outside the studio, Evan seems to spend a lot of time with Erin, Maks, and Kendra (Erin's sister).

I also agree the judges seem to find some little thing wrong with his every dance, except of course when they gave him 30. I notice he is cognizant of their criticism and works hard to correct himself.

At least Nicole won't be able to say she got the first perfect score of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3900598;
    I have to wonder if Evan can't adapt his body. He may be trying, and knowing Anna I'm sure she's trying to get him there, but it may just be something he can't do or can't do in the short amount of time he has to practice between dances. I realize it's something he should have worked on for weeks but that'd be like saying Kate could turn into a good dancer over time. Sometimes you can only go so far. I actually think they've been meaner to him than need be, but that's the theme of the season. Some couples have deserved the harsh words and low scores for screwing one thing up, yet it falls on people like Evan. I think what we're seeing of Evan is just his personality. And I think he and Anna get along great. What I see of Evan is a guy who's a perfectionist, who doesn't like to lose, and who can't stop training or overthinking when he's supposed to be dancing. That's where he can lose me at times, when he looks like he gets lost in the dances because he's trying to remember what comes next. That said, I have enjoyed him a lot this season, and am glad Anna at least will have done well for a change. Maybe the show will be as kind to her hubby next season.

Erin's my first choice to win, but I don't think she'll get past Chad next week. I want Evan in the finals, as he's my only hope of beating Nicole, but in no way do I think that'll happen, either.

I think it's almost superhuman that Evan has been able to adapt as much as he has, considering he is still performing on ice every week. He has to learn and train the new dance way, while continuing to practice and perform the old ice way. It's incredible that he doesn't "get lost" in his performance as CA suggested, only not in a good way!

I also have thoroughly enjoyed his performances this season, and I love his personality as revealed through the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3901201;

At least Nicole won't be able to say she got the first perfect score of the season.
    That was a producer decision, IMO. Can't show tooooo much favoritism. Oh, wait.

And, yes, I'm becoming bitter. Nicole is exceptional as is Derek, but I'm just extremely frustrated that she's on this show. This past week, it was like I was watching a pro-number when they danced.

It's unfair to every other couple.

Rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3901232;
    That was a producer decision, IMO. Can't show tooooo much favoritism. Oh, wait.

And, yes, I'm becoming bitter. Nicole is exceptional as is Derek, but I'm just extremely frustrated that she's on this show. This past week, it was like I was watching a pro-number when they danced.

It's unfair to every other couple.

Rawr.
    I'm more frustrated with the favoritism towards him than her. I'm just over him.

Evan, what I worry about, is if people split their votes in the hopes to not ensure a Nicole victory or because they like him and the other final 3 person. I can especially see this happening if Erin winds up in the finals. I'm not sure how much vote splitting really impacts the results, but I still expect Evan to be second.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan2;3901228;
    I think it's almost superhuman that Evan has been able to adapt as much as he has, considering he is still performing on ice every week. He has to learn and train the new dance way, while continuing to practice and perform the old ice way. It's incredible that he doesn't "get lost" in his performance as CA suggested, only not in a good way!

I also have thoroughly enjoyed his performances this season, and I love his personality as revealed through the edit.
    ITA, I'm sure it's incredibly difficult for him to switch back and forth between dancing and skating. It's an advantage that he is used to training and that skating is similar, but I can't even imagine trying to do the skate/dance/skate/dance mix he goes through every single week.

+ Reply to Thread