+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3889631;
    As a HUGE Johnny Weir fan, I hope Evan goes next week. I've been crossing my fingers for him to go from day one! This guy is conceited and has the most limp personality of anyone ever!
    I'll be voting for Chad now. But After Chad goes, I will vote strategically to get this guy out! Whatever it takes to avenge my Johnny!
    What about Evan is conceited??
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3890853;
    The DWTS opportunity may not have come around again for Evan. He was hot off his Olympic win and a very well known figure. When the fall rolled around? DWTS might have passed him over for someone else. He might not have fit in with another cast as he had in the make-up of this one. Melissa Joan Hart was asked to do the 1st season but declined, then after seeing how big the show was, had been trying to get on ever since. Finally it happened last season, but she still might have gotten passed over had it not been a huge cast. You never know who the "big thing" will be. To say he's not doing both because he's missing skating shows, I'll agree to disagree on that. He is doing both, and because of it, is missing rehearsals for the team dance this week because of his skating schedule. And I'm sure it's more grueling for him and Anna to have to travel all over and him to have to take on both tasks. He's risking injury on the show for his skating, and in the skating for the show. That's a lot like the DWTS tour; they have a set group of pros and celebs but some of the "bigger" named celebs only appear at certain venues. No one really knows in advance who or when, so some people miss out on seeing who might have been their favorite. I'm enjoying him, and will be voting for him in hopes he wins in the end (since I'm realistic and realize Erin/Maks probably won't get to that point-right now I'm splitting my votes between the two couples). Anna doesn't get a shot every season at DWTS, and has never had a partner at the level of Evan. And she may never again. So I'm doing it for her more than him.
    Krisit Yamaguchi was another Olympic gold medalist who was on DWTS about ten years after she won the gold. So they likely wouldn't have forgotten about Evan in one year. And I think an Olympic gold medalist is a much bigger star than Melissa Joan Hart.

In all of the e-mail notices I got from Stars on Ice, Evan's name was mentioned as a skater who would appear in my city. If it wasn't for DWTS, Evan likely would have appeared in the cities that he was supposed to appear in.

He missed rehearsals for the team dance, but he hasn't missed any of the TV shows, even though he's missing about half of the ice skating shows. He must have missed a lot of rehearsals for the skating show, since he's in L.A. three days a week every week. He's rushing around trying to do two things at the same time, but he can't be in two places at the same time. So, I won't be able to see him skate his gold medal winning routine in person.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;3890902;
    Krisit Yamaguchi was another Olympic gold medalist who was on DWTS about ten years after she won the gold. So they likely wouldn't have forgotten about Evan in one year. And I think an Olympic gold medalist is a much bigger star than Melissa Joan Hart.

In all of the e-mail notices I got from Stars on Ice, Evan's name was mentioned as a skater who would appear in my city. If it wasn't for DWTS, Evan likely would have appeared in the cities that he was supposed to appear in.

He missed rehearsals for the team dance, but he hasn't missed any of the TV shows, even though he's missing about half of the ice skating shows. He must have missed a lot of rehearsals for the skating show, since he's in L.A. three days a week every week. He's rushing around trying to do two things at the same time, but he can't be in two places at the same time. So, I won't be able to see him skate his gold medal winning routine in person.
    Kristi's an exception, but a lot of Olympians fade into oblivion, sometimes whether they want to or not. I can remember Michelle Kwan, but can't remember the girl who beat her out in 2002 that was from the U.S. I'm not saying it's a matter of forgetting him, just in a few months time, the show mind find bigger gets. And I don't think his contract would allow him to miss any televised performances, even though it was originally rumored he would be missing Tuesday's shows.

I'm really enjoying Evan. I thought his personality would probably be his down fall for me as I didn't see him display much during the Olympics. But I continue to be impressed by his general attitude towards Anna, the criticism he gets from the judges, and his work ethic in giving it his all. He seems to really be enjoying this experience and I'm seeing a whole new side to him. He and Anna make a great combo. I hope they make it to the finals, because I think their freestyle would be something to see. Actually, if the final 3 happens like I think it will (Evan, Nicole, and Chad), this might be the first year one good freestyle doesn't override the votes, as I think all 3 of those would be something to see.

I like and admire Evan because he is the epitome of a good sport, has an excellent work ethic, is respectful to Anna and is gracious to all the other contestants. However, I vote for Evan because he and Anna dance lovely routines that entertain me. I truly hope they make it to the finals. I am looking forward to their freestyle.

Evan was booked on DWTS before the Olympic flame even went out, so no one should be surprised he's not making all 41 of the shows. And also he wasn't expected to win the gold medal, so I doubt that everyone who bought Stars on Ice tickets were only interested in seeing him. I give him a lot of credit for making the shows he is, when he could have blown off the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3889654;
    I noticed that too Beachmom. There was no shrieking and jumping up and down. Evan was totally gracious to his fellow competitors who were still left there in jeopardy.

Evan and Anna have been a joy to watch and to me, he should be the winner.
    Or he would've been just as happy to leave - his schedule has to be very grueling - I can't imagine anyone can keep that up - he went from preparing for the Olympics to the Olympics to DWTS/Stars on Ice (?), And he's not the only one who has been more restrained in their joy for being saved.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3891831;
    Or he would've been just as happy to leave - his schedule has to be very grueling - I can't imagine anyone can keep that up - he went from preparing for the Olympics to the Olympics to DWTS/Stars on Ice (?), And he's not the only one who has been more restrained in their joy for being saved.
    I agree that his schedule is grueling, but I feel certain that he would not have been just as happy to leave. Everything about him says he's there to give it his best and go as far as he can.

I'm looking forward to seeing their Tango tonight. I expect they'll be be in top form again.

Per Jonathan's tweet Evan/Anna are going last. Interesting, since the other dances are 2 quick steps and 3 waltzes (one being the Viennese Waltz). I have good vibes for Evan tonight. I think this is going to be a great dance and can't wait to see what Anna comes up with. She's never done an AT before on here.

Since they're going last, their team dance will probably be the last one between the two (it usually happens that way in previous seasons). Maybe that's a good sign

Congrats to Anna for her first ever perfect score and her first ever 10s on this show! She and Evan deserved it and if it wasn't for Erin not getting the encore yet wish they could tomorrow. That AT ranks just behind Gilles as my all time favorite of the style. Loved the choreography, the lifts, the costumes, the music, everything just fit. Evan's come a long way in getting his personality to open up.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3893294;
    Congrats to Anna for her first ever perfect score and her first ever 10s on this show! She and Evan deserved it and if it wasn't for Erin not getting the encore yet wish they could tomorrow. That AT ranks just behind Gilles as my all time favorite of the style. Loved the choreography, the lifts, the costumes, the music, everything just fit. Evan's come a long way in getting his personality to open up.
    Well said Kara!

Hooray for Evan and Anna on their perfect score! It was their night to be on top! Evan worked hard to get into character and deliver an authentic Tango -- and deliver he did!

+ Reply to Thread