+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

This two got robbed big time, but Evan is not only the shining example of a perfect student on this show; he's also a good example of how to be gracious and humble in the face of defeat. I can see part of what the judges were saying in terms of his movements, but in no way did he deserve to be in the same boat with Jake and Niecy. And taking him out 3rd in the swing dance? I really believe he'll pull through. I can't believe the show would actually want to risk losing him. His dance was the best of the night. Having to come on right after Jake I really thought he showed him up.

And Evan would never want sympathy I know, but give the guy a break judges, broken toes and a concussion, and doing both the SOI and DWTS? He deserves an award for all of that.

I was absolutely horrified at the dance move Anna attempted which resulted in Evan almost breaking his neck! That was so irresponsible. She's a very petite woman. What on earth possessed her!? She lost her mind.

P.S. This is the best partner she's had; why risk his health with something like that?
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3887314;
    This two got robbed big time, but Evan is not only the shining example of a perfect student on this show; he's also a good example of how to be gracious and humble in the face of defeat. I can see part of what the judges were saying in terms of his movements, but in no way did he deserve to be in the same boat with Jake and Niecy. And taking him out 3rd in the swing dance? I really believe he'll pull through. I can't believe the show would actually want to risk losing him. His dance was the best of the night. Having to come on right after Jake I really thought he showed him up.

And Evan would never want sympathy I know, but give the guy a break judges, broken toes and a concussion, and doing both the SOI and DWTS? He deserves an award for all of that.
    Well said Kara! Evan deserved much better scores than Jake who actually stumbled on the steps (how often do you see that happen?). I think the Judges were intentionally hard on Evan because Evan makes it look so easy and/or had some predetermined score standard before the competition began last night. They were judging Evan with a very critical eye and demand more from him because they know he can do it. The guy danced with a concussion for Pete's sake!

The Judges state that the Samba did not suit Evan - he simply did not have the footwork to pull it off correctly although it looked beautiful. That is the only thing I will agree with the Judges on . . . Anna and Evan did look beautiful dancing the Samba! I hope their supporters voted in full force last night -- I know I did!
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 04-27-2010 at 08:46 AM.

FORT Fanatic

I posted yesterday about Evan's work ethic but I think it was taken down because I had it in the wrong place.
    He has to perform with SOI and then learn dance routines, (which use totally opposite moves than skating)
    for DWTS. He is dedicated to learning the dance moves and focuses on learning them correctly. He deserves
    credit for his dedication. He doesn't show up to "be the star" as I think can be said of some of the other
    dancers. He is sincere, gracious and so humble and gives 100% to his performance. I said yesterday-let's give
    credit where credit is due. He deserved much highter scores than he received and I'm tired of the judges
    choosing their "winner" beforehand and doing whatever it takes to keep him/her at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3887323;
    I was absolutely horrified at the dance move Anna attempted which resulted in Evan almost breaking his neck! That was so irresponsible. She's a very petite woman. What on earth possessed her!? She lost her mind.

P.S. This is the best partner she's had; why risk his health with something like that?
    I've taught that particular move to many folks. It's a showy move that I have used when I choreographed for the stage or exhibitions. It isn't typically done on the dance floor. Usually it's the larger partner that flips the smaller one over the back, although it the woman is strong it can work the other way.

In any case, the injury that happened to Evan is something that I've seen before when folks try that one without appropriate supervision. When I teach the move I always have an experienced spotter on hand who is strong enough to support the person being thrown until the move is mastered. Two spotters are even better - one on each side. Safety first!

I threw all my votes to Evan tonight because the judges robbed him. There is no way he deserved to be tied for LAST prior to the swing dance marathon.

I don't think this was Evan's best night of dance but, yeah, he was robbed.

One of the things that bothered me was when Bruno said Nicole shouldn't be judged so harshly by Len because she didn't choreograph (sp?) the dance....Derek did. Well, Evan didn't choreograph his dance either and the judges were critical of some of the choices made with his dance moves.

FORT Fanatic

I doubt we ever see CA or Bruno really be critical of Nicole. She seems to be the annointed favorite for them.

There seems to be two sets of rules, one for Derek and his partner and one for everyone else.

FORT Fanatic

I was very upset that Evan got such a low score last night. To see him dance the samba right after Jake and get the same score?? There was no comparison between the two. I'm not sure what he did wrong technically, but the dance looked fantastic compared to Jake who actually tripped yet again! I usually don't vote, but I did last night for Evan. No way should he have been near the bottom of the score board.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3887460;
    I doubt we ever see CA or Bruno really be critical of Nicole. She seems to be the annointed favorite for them.

There seems to be two sets of rules, one for Derek and his partner and one for everyone else.
    Post of the day. I'll give them major props for their incredible skills. Unfortunately, Nicole was that GOOD at the competition's start. If the show is supposed to be about improvement, I'm sorry, she's got nowhere to go but on tour or something.

Very talented but she needs to go.

...Very talented but she needs to go.....
    You are soooooo right.

+ Reply to Thread