+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3854557;
    I think it makes the show's producers a bunch of hypocrites (big surprise, right?) as they said just a season or two ago that they weren't ever looking to cast someone solely because they were famous for nothing on a reality show or being tabloid fodder. Trista was probably an exception, as it was the first season of a show they probably didn't think would make it to season 2 let alone 10, and Kim supposedly had an in somewhere that kept pushing to get a Kardashian on the show. Holly Madison had said that she wanted to do the show before she got called in as a replacement and that's the excuse they gave her. I do think there's enough C/D/F listers (and whatever Kate and Jake fall under) that want to do the show. Melissa Joan Hart had been trying for several seasons to get on and after a boycott finally did. Tara Reid has expressed interest in doing it, and Greg Louganis and ESPN broadcaster Mike Greenberg have also said they want to do it. The only reality show personalities I'd want to see would be Survivor host Jeff, TAR host Phil, and American Idol meanie Simon. It won't ever happen, but I can dream. However, TB/ette are two of ABC's biggest draws, so I can see why they'd think it'd make perfect sense to cross promote for the upcoming season of TBette. The girl that was picked, she had some drama about leaving the show, right? So they'll pimp that up and she'll be front and center probably in the last couple weeks of the show. I'd feel more confident Jake would leave early on if this were an early season of the show. I think it's too riddled with bias and favoritism and ulter motives that I think if they can weasel a way for him to stick around, they would.

andres, I'd fully support your movement as I don't care for Jake one way or the other-but I'm on the get out Kate before the premiere if possible bandwagon

Everything that I have been able to read and research - while not giving me the exact statistics I wanted - indicates that the impact of reality tv as a genre on the tv industry is huge! In fact, one article stated that much to their particular disgust, more people tuned in and watched American Idol and DWTS in 2008 than voted in the Presidential election.
    Every single article indicated that reality tv as a genre takes a large share of the television industry, and it is continually growing larger. In one survey quoted of 5 top favorite shows, 4 of them were reality tv shows.
    With statistics like these, it only makes sense for the producers of DWTS to include a reality tv star or two here and there in their line-up of 11 or 12 people.

Jelle on the Bachelor Board stated "The Bachelor is (according to TIME Magazine, the 3rd most successful reality show)". The Bachelor/ette series will begin its 20th season in May. It is hard to argue with that kind of success, and it is an ABC show!
    To me, it therefore, is not far out at all that DWTS would invite a Bachelor/ette contender or lead as one of its participants.

Producer Conrad Green - the man with a plan - let us know unequivocally in an interview a couple of seasons ago that he likes to have on his show "people with a story." He said this rather matter of factly as he explained why he had contracted Jerry Springer, the JackA** guy, the rapper who had been to prison, and somebody else rather startling.
    In this vein, Kate and Jake fit in and might even have been his first choices.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Jillian tweeted: last weekend at the @OKMagazine pre-oscar party

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Is that Karina on the far left? And something about Chelsie this season seems...I don't know, disheveled? Tired? She just looks different.

Everything that I have been able to read and research - while not giving me the exact statistics I wanted - indicates that the impact of reality tv as a genre on the tv industry is huge! In fact, one article stated that much to their particular disgust, more people tuned in and watched American Idol and DWTS in 2008 than voted in the Presidential election.
    Every single article indicated that reality tv as a genre takes a large share of the television industry, and it is continually growing larger. In one survey quoted of 5 top favorite shows, 4 of them were reality tv shows.
    With statistics like these, it only makes sense for the producers of DWTS to include a reality tv star or two here and there in their line-up of 11 or 12 people.

Jelle on the Bachelor Board stated "The Bachelor is (according to TIME Magazine, the 3rd most successful reality show)". The Bachelor/ette series will begin its 20th season in May. It is hard to argue with that kind of success, and it is an ABC show!
    To me, it therefore, is not far out at all that DWTS would invite a Bachelor/ette contender or lead as one of its participants.

Producer Conrad Green - the man with a plan - let us know unequivocally in an interview a couple of seasons ago that he likes to have on his show "people with a story." He said this rather matter of factly as he explained why he had contracted Jerry Springer, the JackA** guy, the rapper who had been to prison, and somebody else rather startling.
    I don't know about Jake, other than he just finished The Bachelor and the new Bachelorette starts in May, so it's good cross promotion, similarly to why they probably decided to announce the DWTS cast the night of TB finale (so I guess now I have to worry if they do that again that someone from that show will be on ) And once again, Melissa's cameo seemed pointless. But anyway, moving on. Reality TV will probably eventually go the way of game shows, talk shows, soap operas, and westerns. Remember when they used to dominate the tube? Now there's a small percentage of talk shows left (meaning the Jerry Springer/Maury Povich type), and soap operas are getting picked off one by one. Was Jake a popular contestant when he was pursuing Jillian? Anyway, it makes sense why they want someone like him and, as much as I hate saying it, why they'd want someone like Kate. But your post pretty much sums it up. There's a genre for shows like this, and if they can bag extra viewers by bringing in people that are controversial or popular from other reality shows, they will. Like I said in Kate's thread, she's getting people talking, and obviously someone like Jake will, too.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-16-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3855548;
    Is that Karina on the far left? And something about Chelsie this season seems...I don't know, disheveled? Tired? She just looks different.

I don't know about Jake, other than he just finished The Bachelor and the new Bachelorette starts in May, so it's good cross promotion, similarly to why they probably decided to announce the DWTS cast the night of TB finale (so I guess now I have to worry if they do that again that someone from that show will be on ) And once again, Melissa's cameo seemed pointless. But anyway, moving on. Reality TV will probably eventually go the way of game shows, talk shows, soap operas, and westerns. Remember when they used to dominate the tube? Now there's a small percentage of talk shows left (meaning the Jerry Springer/Maury Povich type), and soap operas are getting picked off one by one. Was Jake a popular contestant when he was pursuing Jillian? Anyway, it makes sense why they want someone like him and, as much as I hate saying it, why they'd want someone like Kate. But your post pretty much sums it up. There's a genre for shows like this, and if they can bag extra viewers by bringing in people that are controversial or popular from other reality shows, they will. Like I said in Kate's thread, she's getting people talking, and obviously someone like Jake will, too.
    IMO Jake could best be described on Jillian's season as a polarizing figure. He was adored by some who thought he was the perfect guy, and were shocked and appalled when Jillian dismissed him, but there were probably an equal number of viewers who found him fake, boring, cheesy and just a loser in general, despite his good looks. After picking the most controversial girl on his own season, who many didn't think fit with the image of him they held and he himself professed, some opinion shifted, as his popularity took a nosedive with some of his ardent admirers, while for others, he perhaps became less boring in their eyes. So in a way, you're right, that like Kate, he is controversial enough to get and keep people talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3854596;

Other stories... last season was Melissa after Jason dumping her for Molly and before her was Heather McCartney who had an artifical leg & on while going through her divorce with Paul, and Marlee Matilan the deaf actress who couldn't hear the music but danced beautifully anyway. Can definitely see how the celebrity back stories would draw viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3849696;
    I don't consider DWTS to be a "reality" show. It's an entertainment show. And it's not a true dance competition show, either. It's an entertainment show that casts a myriad of contestants, some from "reality" shows and most from whatever genre who are looking for publicity, some bucks, and/or a challenge. JMP.
    I agree Velvet. Let's add to the list the weight loss incentive many celebs have ...Marie Osmond, Brooke Burke after having a baby, Wayne Newton to name a few.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3854557;
    I think it makes the show's producers a bunch of hypocrites (big surprise, right?) as they said just a season or two ago that they weren't ever looking to cast someone solely because they were famous for nothing on a reality show or being tabloid fodder. Trista was probably an exception, as it was the first season of a show they probably didn't think would make it to season 2 let alone 10, and Kim supposedly had an in somewhere that kept pushing to get a Kardashian on the show. Holly Madison had said that she wanted to do the show before she got called in as a replacement and that's the excuse they gave her. I do think there's enough C/D/F listers (and whatever Kate and Jake fall under) that want to do the show. Melissa Joan Hart had been trying for several seasons to get on and after a boycott finally did. Tara Reid has expressed interest in doing it, and Greg Louganis and ESPN broadcaster Mike Greenberg have also said they want to do it. The only reality show personalities I'd want to see would be Survivor host Jeff, TAR host Phil, and American Idol meanie Simon. It won't ever happen, but I can dream. However, TB/ette are two of ABC's biggest draws, so I can see why they'd think it'd make perfect sense to cross promote for the upcoming season of TBette. The girl that was picked, she had some drama about leaving the show, right? So they'll pimp that up and she'll be front and center probably in the last couple weeks of the show. I'd feel more confident Jake would leave early on if this were an early season of the show. I think it's too riddled with bias and favoritism and ulter motives that I think if they can weasel a way for him to stick around, they would.

andres, I'd fully support your movement as I don't care for Jake one way or the other-but I'm on the get out Kate before the premiere if possible bandwagon
    Where's Tanya Harding's contact??? J/K...don't want anyone to think I'm serious, but I would support other non-violent ways to get rid of Kate before the premiere!

Jake Pavelka's Dancing with the Stars Secret Weapon

"The Bachelor"'s Jake Pavelka is counting down the days until next Monday's premiere of "Dancing with the Stars" when he will do the Viennese Waltz with his partner Chelsie Hightower.

"He doesn't know it yet, but my plan is to make this [Chelsie indicates Jake's six-pack] our secret weapon," the "Dancing with the Stars" pro tells ET.

And Jake will be ready to go shirtless. He gets up every morning at 5:30 for a little quiet time -- meditation and prayer. Then he downs an 800-calorie shake, containing oatmeal, eggs, banana and blueberries. Following which, he studies dance videos for 45 minutes before heading to the studio and lessons from his partner.

"Right now, I have three pulled muscles in my back," he says. "You just ignore it. I also have two blisters on my feet. I am not a woe-is-me guy, who plays the sympathy card. It is just what is."

When Jake takes to the dance floor Monday night, his fiancée Vienna Girardi will be front-row center.

"Vienna is my No. 1 fan," the 32-year-old airline pilot says. "She has been incredible through all of this. She will be cheering me on. It might surprise everybody that she might have a couple friends in the audience that people don't know are friends."

"Dancing with the Stars" premieres Monday, March 22 at 8 p.m. on ABC.
    Jake Pavelka's 'Dancing With The Stars'' Secret Weapon

It's exciting to speculate who will be Vienna's new "friends" brought in to shore up her social deficits: Cyborgs from the ABC props department, maybe Visitors from the cast of V, her BFF Miss Florida, some of her old calendar-mates or fellow Hooters' waitresses, or could-it-be: Tenley-like-the-number-ten trying to get her foot in the Dancing Door? My curiousity is almost unbearable. And if any of you are attending as audience, be sure to take along a 3x5 card and a pen: I would so looovve to get Vienna's recipe for peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Sounds like he's saying she has famous friends, people folks wouldn't think would even know her (Miss FL aside). In which case: Big whoop-de-doo, Jake. Don't really care who his or her friends are.

"Right now, I have three pulled muscles in my back," he says. "You just ignore it. I also have two blisters on my feet. I am not a woe-is-me guy, who plays the sympathy card. It is just what is."
    If he's 'not a woe-is-me guy,' why didn't he simply choose not to inform us of his various boo-boos and just shut up already? If he was specifically asked about injuries, he could've merely said dancing's hard on the body and been done with it. But no. Just like his "Oh gosh, it's hard that everyone thinks I'm so perfect! And I'm really not!" A legend in his own mind, indeed.

I very rarely have a truly harsh negative reaction to someone, but this guy's managed to bring it out in me. Took almost a year, but he managed nonetheless. Love Chelsie, but as much as I am a fan of hers, even she is not worth suffering through more than the minimum two weeks of Jake and his sidekick Vienna.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3857635;
    Sounds like he's saying she has famous friends, people folks wouldn't think would even know her (Miss FL aside). In which case: Big whoop-de-doo, Jake. Don't really care who his or her friends are.

If he's 'not a woe-is-me guy,' why didn't he simply choose not to inform us of his various boo-boos and just shut up already? If he was specifically asked about injuries, he could've merely said dancing's hard on the body and been done with it. But no. Just like his "Oh gosh, it's hard that everyone thinks I'm so perfect! And I'm really not!" A legend in his own mind, indeed.

I very rarely have a truly harsh negative reaction to someone, but this guy's managed to bring it out in me. Took almost a year, but he managed nonetheless. Love Chelsie, but as much as I am a fan of hers, even she is not worth suffering through more than the minimum two weeks of Jake and his sidekick Vienna.
    Welcome to the dark side ...

I had exactly the same reaction to those quotes of Jake's. Just wait until the backstage interviews. He'll say something that will start out sounding like a compliment to Chelsie, but will end up sounding like he's trying to make himself the hero. He's nauseating. Can't get voted off soon enough to suit me.

+ Reply to Thread