+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3852404;
    You and I were thinking alike there I've seen clips of TB special that airs after the finale, and if there's one song I never need to hear again (after only it hearing it that one time), it'd be that one. The good news is, everyone is dancing two dances before the first elimination, so he may have the VW his first week but will have a latin dance his second week. Of course I'm thinking of all seasons to not have an elimination the first week, it has to be this season. Looking at Jake and Chelsie's picture, I get the image of the two leads in a school play, where the guy bought his way to play opposite the object of his affection. Yeah, too many movies with that same storyline, but that's the feeling I get from Chelsie Somewhere, I saw a cover of a magazine that had Jake, Chelsie, and Vienna. I'm understanding what everyone's saying about the same pose Jake keep striking, and while he and his new fiancee are looking all sweet next to each other, Chelsie looks stiff standing next to them.

I did watch the finale, so I lied there about never watching it period, but that was only thanks to ABC deciding to announce the DWTS cast during it (and what a great job they did there-well worth the 2 hours). In that 2 hours I thought he made the wrong choice and would be shocked to see them actually make it down the aisle. And in watching for DWTS news and interviews the following day, of course I caught a bunch of clips from Jake/Vienna about their newly found love. If Jake is as fake as he came across in those interviews, I guess I can see why he picked Vienna (picking the controversial choice=longer lasting fame). Aside from that, I don't really have any other issue or opinion on the guy, but I think he's going to be Chelsie's anti-Ty/Louie. I'm just not feeling it with those two. I think he'll at least make the half way mark, but at this point it's really hard to tell based on name recognition how he'll do against everyone else. I'm hoping by some miracle Kate goes first, then I really don't care beyond that. Just get her off the screen and send her home to her kids! Even though they're probably better off.
    I wrote on the Bachelor Board that, of course, at this time it's difficult to tell how someone is going to do. However, we can definitely tell that Jake is a determined person, and that trait will help carry him through grueling practices, pain, and struggles to learn the steps/dances.

Also, when he wants to be, Jake comes across as quite charming which will also be definitely to his advantage. In addition, he will not have alienated the majority of the DWTS viewing audience which is not necessarily the Bachelor viewing audience.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Without the power of edit, I really wonder how Jake will show on DWTS. His fan base are bachelor watchers and if they're not watching and they're not voting for him, he'll likely end up leaving fairly early on.

Being a male doing the Vienneze waltz he doesn't have any difficult moves, with chelsie doing all the work - her fans will want to keep her. I have no doubt they will do well with this dance. It'll be the dances where he actually has to move and have grace, sensuality, presence and style where I wonder if he can pull them off. I picture him being stiff like Ty Murray.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3852585;
    Without the power of edit, I really wonder how Jake will show on DWTS. His fan base are bachelor watchers and if they're not watching and they're not voting for him, he'll likely end up leaving fairly early on.

Being a male doing the Vienneze waltz he doesn't have any difficult moves, with chelsie doing all the work - her fans will want to keep her. I have no doubt they will do well with this dance. It'll be the dances where he actually has to move and have grace, sensuality, presence and style where I wonder if he can pull them off. I picture him being stiff like Ty Murray.
    He may very well dance like Ty Murray, but what he won't have is Ty's self-deprecating (not to mention Jake didn't know the definition of the word) charm, sweet sense of humor, and most important, authenticity, that won him far more votes than his dancing moves did.

That said, they seem to be giving Jake tons of publicity now, and it does sound like public opinion is starting to shift somewhat, as some people are warming up to the couple. Clearly, ABC wants him to stay around for a while to make their cross promotion tactics more successful. I fear that those of us who were hoping for an early exit may be in for a bumpy ride.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3852610;
    He may very well dance like Ty Murray, but what he won't have is Ty's self-deprecating (not to mention Jake didn't know the definition of the word) charm, sweet sense of humor, and most important, authenticity, that won him far more votes than his dancing moves did.

That said, they seem to be giving Jake tons of publicity now, and it does sound like public opinion is starting to shift somewhat, as some people are warming up to the couple. Clearly, ABC wants him to stay around for a while to make their cross promotion tactics more successful. I fear that those of us who were hoping for an early exit may be in for a bumpy ride.
    The other thing that Jake doesn't have is Ty's enormous fan base. The people posting behind the scenes fan base information said Ty had a huge following going in. That's what got him through the first few weeks when his dancing really was lacking and the judges scores were low. After that, his personality got him through and others really warmed up to him.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Actually, I don't like Jake at all, but I am willing to give all my votes to him in order to help expedite Kate's departure!

Just don't vote for Jake or Kate and that will accomplish the same thing - I know everyone keeps saying he'll stay awhile, but with the mediocre stars they have for this season - at least they're recognizable and don't come with the negativity right off the bat - well maybe Shannon - but I can see her staying just because she will be a hot mess (as well as Pam). The eye candy category will be filled by Aiden - so I'm thinking just out of sheer fan numbers Jake won't last past week 4 - if that long. {fingers crossed}
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

As a dancer, I'd have to disagree. The waltz is among the most difficult ballroom dances to do well, not that Carrie Ann or the audience would know. The waltz is grueling in its required control and timing of movement. Yes, it looks simple, with only the constant pivoting on the toe or on the heel of one foot or the other to execute the natural turn, the reverse turn or the change; but the difficulty in competition is that this apparent simplicity requires incredible discipline throughout the dance. A single misstep is almost guaranteed to keep oneself or one's partner off balance unless the pair resets themselves. Of course, except for Len on some nights, this isn't a read dance competition. If it were, the public would not be voting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They can of course edit but it usually makes the pros look bad, not the celeb. We may actually see sweet innocent little Chelsie have her first meltdown this season Though I realize it's not quite the same as editing TB. I think not voting for someone has the same effect in voting to get them off would. Sort of. Obviously votes will be all over the place for other couples but as long as Kate gets the least coming in, she'll be history (unless ABC sticks their hand in it). Jake probably did luck out week 1 getting the VW vs the cha cha, as he's probably going to have an easier time. But week 2, he'll have to do the latin dance (salsa if they keep up with past seasons). Then the following night someone goes home and that'll be what's more fresh in everyone's minds. But if ABC wants him around for publicity purposes and to not crush his ego, the judges will be sure to prop him up. They gave Master P an 8 for that thing he tried to pass off as a paso. They gave Cloris 6's and 7's when she should have been in 2 or 3 category. So I don't count on Jake (who I don't care about at this point) or Kate going first. Probably our loveable first man on the moon

It's not carved in stone that the waltz is the hardest ballroom dance to learn and perform. Actual ballroom dancers with whom I’m acquainted say that the Quickstep, Argentine Tango, and Jive are the most difficult. OTOH, while none are “easy”, concensus among those who really know is that Foxtrot, Cha Cha, and Rumba are easier. It stands to reason that if the waltz was the most difficult dance the pros would not be teaching it first.

+ Reply to Thread