+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3883030;
    I do not get how this guy is hated so, but Melissa Rycroft is loved so. At least this guy is telling everyone he wants to act and be famous, and is trying to do so. Melissa was all giggly and oh I want to be a teacher tee hee, I want to go home and be normal tee hee, and than she milks any chance at fame. If anyone was in Jake's shoes and had the chance to be on a hit show, who would say no way no thank you being famous not for me. Noone would do that. I did not like him from the clips on the Bachelor that I saw, I think he and Vienna are another contracted couple that is a joke, but I like that he wants to do good, and I think he is the only one showing great improvement week after week.

So if his goal was to charm some people with this show, he changed my opinion of him. Will he ever be someone I root for, no probably not, but I have moved up from thinking he is a total tool.
    A) Not necessarily a Melissa fan here. Didn't root for Melissa in DWTS.

B) Jake never said he wanted to be famous, on the contrary, he played the I'm just a nice guy who wants to fall in love, I don't like acting and my true passion is flying. Right. He's never going back to Dallas.

C) Reid and Kiptyn were both on Jake's shoes and they both said no to being the lead on a hit show. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for them saying no, there would be no Bachelor or DWTS for Jake. He's a very lucky guy.

D) I don't think Jake is that great of a dancer in DWTS, he always looks to me like he drank 2 cans of Red Bull before going on stage. I do think that Jake thinks that HE's a great dancer and he couldn't understand how he would end up in the bottom 2 that one week.

E) I started liking him a little halfway through the Bachelor, thinking that maybe he was sincere, but I'm back to seeing the opportunistic Jake from Jillian's season once again. That's why I'm sick of watching him on my tv screen every week. Another talentless wannabe trying to make it in Hollywood.

I don't think Jake is going to land a starring role after the show. Could he get some work? Sure. I also don't blame him for striking while the iron is hot. TB has turned into a very hot commodity and then adding in DWTS after it can lead to some work. It's happened for people before him. Do I think he is going to be winning an Emmy? Uhhh...no. Do I think he could get some guest appearances first as himself and perhaps a few after that? Yes.

I think we will see the "stars" of these shows wanting to go on DWTS and make a name for themselves in all seasons to come. Tenley was upset she wasn't on DWTS and you think if Ali gets the offer she will say no? No, and really why should she? Make the money.

Jake tries hard on the show and if it is to get more exposure who can blame him? That's what a lot of them are there for. I like that he gives it his all and tries his best. Will he win? Not a snowball's chance in hell but for now his dancing is better than a few others and their dances have been entertaining. Chelsie is fantastic.

FORT Fogey

Has anyone else heard that Chelsie is dating Mark Ballas? I know that Chelsie and Louie are no longer dating, but when did they split? I have a hard time picturing her with Mark.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3884235;
    Has anyone else heard that Chelsie is dating Mark Ballas? I know that Chelsie and Louie are no longer dating, but when did they split? I have a hard time picturing her with Mark.
    She shot those rumors down pertaining Mark down. She also shot down the rumors of her and Louie dating. Of course, she may be covering it up, but I fairly doubt those rumors were true. I wouldn't believe those magazines, or shows (Extra, Access Hollywood) if I were you. They (the magazines) just care about selling, so they'd make up anything to get the readers' attention. And the tv shows are only right half of the time.

As for Chels, I think she said in an interview that she wouldn't consider dating a dancer. And Tony D. said that she would likely never date anyone who isn't Mormon, and I think I believe him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3882571;
    Jake: "I've had people tell me I look like Tom Cruise..."
    Me: "Jake, your mommy doesn't count."

He is totally insincere in his efforts to be perceived as "the good guy", "Mr. Perfect", etc. I don't trust anything he says because it seems smarmy with that cheesy grin he's perfected to perfection.
    I loved that! I'm not sure if anyone other than Jake himself has said he looks like Tom Cruise, but not even close. My biggest issue with Jake is he does come across as trying to be too hammy and on. I feel like he looks at other couples and what might be making them stand out and be popular, so he tries to mimick them. What else will catch your eye than a cheesy grin and totally catching the camera at every turn? He's just got a tired old schtick and an overinflated ego of himself and his popularity. I don't get the impression at all that he's Chelsie's ideal partner, though I think the bottom 2 really humbled him. He reminds me of a used car dealer; he knows just what to say, how to say it, and how to act. Except he comes off at times like a used car dealer wannabe. I don't dislike him, but now that Kate is gone, he can go. I haven't really enjoyed any of his performances. And it all goes back to him and his cheesy, fake personality.

I thought Mark was dating a girl who almost made the Top 12 on American Idol last season?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

The similarities in appearance between Jake Pavelka and Tom Cruise begin and end with their short stature.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Love Me ---- Mark was dating Joanna Pacitti but supposedly they are no longer together. I think they broke up for a short time previously and then got back together, so that's always a possibility to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3884688;
    I loved that! I'm not sure if anyone other than Jake himself has said he looks like Tom Cruise, but not even close. My biggest issue with Jake is he does come across as trying to be too hammy and on. I feel like he looks at other couples and what might be making them stand out and be popular, so he tries to mimick them. What else will catch your eye than a cheesy grin and totally catching the camera at every turn? He's just got a tired old schtick and an overinflated ego of himself and his popularity. I don't get the impression at all that he's Chelsie's ideal partner, though I think the bottom 2 really humbled him. He reminds me of a used car dealer; he knows just what to say, how to say it, and how to act. Except he comes off at times like a used car dealer wannabe. I don't dislike him, but now that Kate is gone, he can go. I haven't really enjoyed any of his performances. And it all goes back to him and his cheesy, fake personality.
    Get out of my brain!

If there is any physical resemblance between TC and Jake, it has to do with Jake perhaps imitating TC's "trying too hard" smile. At best, Jake wishes he were TC, so like you said, a wannabe. I also think TC would make a better used car salesman.

There is a photo in this weeks US Weekly of Chelsie and Mark at some event on 4/12 in LA. Mark was bending her backwards like in a dance move. The article is headlined GETTING HOTTER!

The US Weekly Article:

If it takes two to tango, Chelsie Hightower's preferred partner is fellow Dancing With the Stars pro Mark Ballas. According to an insider, the super-cute twosome are continuing to take their friendship to the next level. "They have known each other since they were kids, and they have always been close." the pal says. "Only recently has it turned romantic." And though another source says the pair aren't "full-on boyfriend and girlfriend yet," Ballas, 23, isn't shying away from showing his affection. At his April 12 concert at L.A. club The Mint, the singer dedicated a song, "Every Step of the Way," to his gal, 20, calling her "a very special person." Says the insider, "Mark is really into her and trying hard to impress her. They're seeing where things go."

+ Reply to Thread