+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3882180;
    Did Len say he wanted to see Chad and Chelsie dance the Cha Cha?
    Well, I, for one, would rather see Chad without his pants than Jake.

Jake sort of lost me after his stint on the Bach, but I will definitely give him a A for effort here. What bothers me about him is that he always seems to be "on" and just...fake. The constant grin irritates. If he would just relax and stop trying to put on a show, I'd enjoy watching him more.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3882228;
    Many Bachelor fans started this season with a strong preconceived dislike for Jake and an even stronger dislike for his chosen, Vienna. However, apart from the rehearsal clip where we saw that Jake had trouble at the beginning yielding control over to his teacher, Chelsie, Jake has been a good contestant for DWTS. He came on as basically a non-dancer, he has been enthusiastic, and he has progressed. Those are the things that through the seasons we have most often said we desired in a contestant.

The Gilles don't come along very often, but even though he too epitomized the characteristics most welcome on this board, he was extraordinarily polarizing as well. People either almost worshipped him, or they thought he was smarmy.

Jake, of course, does not have the potential of Gilles, but he is doing much better than many have before him. I do recognize the effort.
    Bloomers, I have to respectfully disagree that Gilles was anywhere near as polarizing a figure as Jake. Gilles had a few people that truly found him smarmy, but I think a lot of the criticism of Gilles was more due to the intense "Gilles vs. Melissa" war that went on here, hopefully never to be repeated, which made posters on both sides go overboard in their attempts to disparage the competition. And of course, the whole time, little Shawn was running away with it all.

Jake IMO has been a polarizing figure since his time on The Bachelorette, with an equal number of people detesting him as adoring him.

I'm one of the people who detests Jake - although I strangely kind of like Vienna. Even so, I feel that he's done fairly well on DWTS and is giving it effort. He's definitely not my favorite to win, but I, like Bloomers - recognize the effort I see. He is progressing, he looks like he's having fun, and it seems like his attitude is better.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3882228;
    Many Bachelor fans started this season with a strong preconceived dislike for Jake and an even stronger dislike for his chosen, Vienna. However, apart from the rehearsal clip where we saw that Jake had trouble at the beginning yielding control over to his teacher,
    Chelsie, Jake has been a good contestant for DWTS. He came on as basically a non-dancer, he has been enthusiastic, and he has progressed. Those are the things that through the seasons we have most often said we desired in a contestant.

The Gilles don't come along very often, but even though he too epitomized the characteristics most welcome on this board, he was extraordinarily polarizing as well. People either almost worshipped him, or they thought he was smarmy.

Jake, of course, does not have the potential of Gilles, but he is doing much better than many have before him. I do recognize the effort.
    I agree. He is working hard, putting in the effort, and trying his best. He's not going to win but he gives it his all and he really cares. I like that about him.

If people didn't like him on TB or like his choice they won't like him now but it is nice to see people acknowledge they know he's doing his best and holding how own thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3882270;
    I'm one of the people who detests Jake - although I strangely kind of like Vienna. Even so, I feel that he's done fairly well on DWTS and is giving it effort. He's definitely not my favorite to win, but I, like Bloomers - recognize the effort I see. He is progressing, he looks like he's having fun, and it seems like his attitude is better.
    I don't dislike Jake but I actually like Vienna more as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3882391;
    I agree. He is working hard, putting in the effort, and trying his best. He's not going to win but he gives it his all and he really cares. I like that about him.

If people didn't like him on TB or like his choice they won't like him now but it is nice to see people acknowledge they know he's doing his best and holding how own thus far.
    IMO, He's trying really hard to grab on to his 15 minutes of fame in hopes he could make it big in Hollywood. That's motivation enough to give it his all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3882518;
    IMO, He's trying really hard to grab on to his 15 minutes of fame in hopes he could make it big in Hollywood. That's motivation enough to give it his all.
    His 15 minutes were up after the bachelor...lets face it there are only 3 guys left for this season. Evan is out there in the stratosphere and that leaves Chad and Jake. I'm not impressed thus far with Chad, he seems to do the minimum so that leaves Jake. He does work at it, so in all fairness he still deserves to be there as much as Chad. He may reap benefits from this show, but the bottom line is he is trying to improve each week. What happens after this show is anyones guess as far as I'm concerned. EVERYONE involved with this show has reasons for doing it....he is not the exception in my opinion.

FORT Fanatic

ITA with this. Although I recognize that he is doing better than I thought he would, I have questioned Jake's sincerity for some time now. I can't tell if he's for real or putting on an act.

I don't really care what his motivation is, the fact that he does put effort into it, seems interested in learning amd improving and actually looks like he's enjoying himself is enough for me.

I'm pleased he's still in the competition because I enjoy his dances.
    If he can parlay this into some sort of showbiz career then good luck to him.
    He won't be the first person to see opportunities come his way as a result of being on this show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread