+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3881269;
    I was pretty neutral on Jake before this season started.
    Didn't particularly like or dislike him.

I am enjoying him on this show though, perhaps not in the training packages but definitely on performance nights.
    I think he's putting in a lot of effort and he seems to be enjoying himself which I like to see.
    Me too. I'm a big Chelsie fan so I'm glad he's working hard and improving. She's a great teacher and put together something entertaining. While he's not the best of the bunch I usually enjoy seing them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3881145;
    I realize that - i saw the movie - and I think i was clear in my post that i really don't like Jake so seeing him doing Tom Cruise was offensive to my sensibilities. And Jake - people are lying to you, you do not look like Tom Cruise.
    I saw a clip of their performance. You're not even close to Tom, Jake. Please keep your pants on (and your shirt). Much like Tony, this show owes Chelsie next season. I don't think she's having fun. There's not the chemistry or interactions like with Ty and Louie. I feel Jake is just in love with the camera and yes, if he said he'd go shirtless to get votes, then I consider going pantless just as desperate of a move, theme or not.

What's fascinating to me, is that nobody would have complained if Gilles did that number!!!
    Last edited by karalott; 04-20-2010 at 05:20 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I think they chose Chelsea to be Jake's partner hoping to capitalize on the "jealously" bit. I remember seeing
    articles written before the show started that Chelsea might be a threat to Vienna because of the age
    similarity. IMO, they hoped to create yet another reason which would bring Jake and Vienna to the fore-
    front. Although it hasn't worked, I'm still hearing little snippets here and there about the jealousy thing. I
    think J&V are pretty safe because I'm not sure anyone else would want either one of them.

I agree, they owe Chelsea big time next year.

FORT Fogey

I understand why they did the pants-less thing at the beginning of the dance because they were doing Risky Business, and as much as that turned my stomach, my real objection was then having to watch him standing there in the middle of the dance floor wasting precious seconds while he struggled to get back into his pants. Doesn't that qualify in Len terms as "messing about"? I detest that kind of stuff. It's a complete waste of time and has nothing to do with dancing. It's just stupid unnecessary theatrics. He couldn't do the entire dance sans pants, so he shouldn't have done any of it that way. Or, leave the pants-less scene at the end of the dance and use tear-away pants.

Ick.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Jake is doing much better on this show than I ever expected. He's got the desire, that's for sure! Good for him.

I really want to see Evan win this thing but this is the second week I also voted for Jake. If he goes home over Kate or Niecy I'll be very disappointed.

Now that Kate is gone, can Jake leave next? Pretty please.......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Did Len say he wanted to see Chad and Chelsie dance the Cha Cha?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3882180;
    Did Len say he wanted to see Chad and Chelsie dance the Cha Cha?
    Yes, he did. Just a goof.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3882117;
    Now that Kate is gone, can Jake leave next? Pretty please.......
    YES!!! Pretty, pretty, pretty please.

Kate is gone: (checking it off my list)

Jake leaves next week: (a BIG SMILE on my face)

FORT Fogey

Many Bachelor fans started this season with a strong preconceived dislike for Jake and an even stronger dislike for his chosen, Vienna. However, apart from the rehearsal clip where we saw that Jake had trouble at the beginning yielding control over to his teacher, Chelsie, Jake has been a good contestant for DWTS. He came on as basically a non-dancer, he has been enthusiastic, and he has progressed. Those are the things that through the seasons we have most often said we desired in a contestant.

The Gilles don't come along very often, but even though he too epitomized the characteristics most welcome on this board, he was extraordinarily polarizing as well. People either almost worshipped him, or they thought he was smarmy.

Jake, of course, does not have the potential of Gilles, but he is doing much better than many have before him. I do recognize the effort.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread