+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3878316;
    The video doesn't work for me, but it could be a work thing.

News - Jake Pavelka Makes DWTS Partner Cry! - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com
    Chelsie refuted this on her twitter within minutes of this article coming out. The video is nothing more than a background picture of Jake & Chelsie and the US editor reporting this "fact".

Quote Originally Posted by millie999;3878387;
    Chelsie refuted this on her twitter within minutes of this article coming out. The video is nothing more than a background picture of Jake & Chelsie and the US editor reporting this "fact".
    Chelsie was upset and ticked. I was upset for her. They had the bad week and have moved on from it. I hope they have a good week.

FORT Fogey

Jake is surprisingly charming as a dancer.
    I did get annoyed with him sometimes on the Bachelor. He ultimately made the right decision though. I've liked him on Dancing with the Stars. I even voted for him last week. I think he and Chad are the best guys. I don't include Evan. I find it unfair to judge Evan and Nicole with the other contestants as Nicole is basically a pro dancer right now and Evan is the reigning Olympic Champion in figure skating. I can get behind people who used to dance but I draw the line with those who are currently doing it!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3877477;
    He dances like a hundred-pound bag of dried beans being slung around the floor.

Anyway, I can just imagine the recorded message: Gosh, this is Jake and Jeepers aren't you just swell to call: Golly, I'm just doing back-flips in my yard thinkin' about all y'all votin' for me. Be sure to leave your credit card number (for shipping and handling charges only) and my brand new Public Relations firm, although good grief, it's not as if I'd ever even think about trying my hand at acting, will get you one of the beeyootiful autographed 8x10 glossy photographs of myself in the mail pronto.
    Exactly!

FORT Fogey

Funny how the two reality stars are bigger primadona's than the legitimate stars (i.e. those who aimed for, worked for, and achieved careers in the performing arts).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3878996;
    Funny how the two reality stars are bigger primadona's than the legitimate stars (i.e. those who aimed for, worked for, and achieved careers in the performing arts).
    All of what is being said may well and surely be true, but the reality stars have to rehearse just as hard and maybe harder comparatively than some of the more bonafide stars.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

I respectfully disagree with the above statement. Shopping cart Kate was pushed around the floor for weeks in a row but is being kept in by (the producers and a rigged system) her fans/anti-fans. She doesn't need to practice hard like the others, she'll be safe until goodness only knows when.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kate admits to practicing twice last week and I bet it's even less this week with the media tour. She also said weeks ago she can't practice 6 hours a day and this week she isn't even with the kids so that's no excuse. And kids go to school more than 6 hours a day so she's lying even with that. I think this is the most frustrating part of the whole thing. All the others are trying their hardest and working hours every day and another one of them will go home again over Kate this week. It's just sad.

Jake's Cha Cha looks really good in the clip I saw. He seems to be much less stiff. I'm pulling for them to make it through the week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3879025;
    All of what is being said may well and surely be true, but the reality stars have to rehearse just as hard and maybe harder comparatively than some of the more bonafide stars.
    My point was in terms of careers - not in terms of the practice they put in for the show (that's irrelevant to my point). Kate and Jake aren't famous for any sort of skill or talent that they've worked at over the years.

They are reality tv average joes, yet their noses are far more upturned than those who have worked/scraped for YEARS to get where they are.

I just think it's funny that the ones who have done less (FAR less) are demanding more (FAR more in Kate's case). I think the ones who have worked/scraped to achieve their success appreciate what they have a bit more. Kate and Jake got lucky and don't quite get it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3879106;
    I respectfully disagree with the above statement. Shopping cart Kate was pushed around the floor for weeks in a row but is being kept in by (the producers and a rigged system) her fans/anti-fans. She doesn't need to practice hard like the others, she'll be safe until goodness only knows when.
    I haven't tuned in for a long time.....I don't disagree that the show is completely rigged (for no reason whatsoever, I believe Idol voting is genuine but this show is not).

Anyway, do you have proof about the rigging? I read somewhere that Kate was chosen purely for the ratings and that everyone (incl. Kate, the other contestants, judges, and professional dancers) know it - and appreciate it. In other words, they all get more exposure as a result of higher ratings. If Kate is what it takes, then go for it.

In the same piece (can't recall where I saw it!) they will pull Kate eventually, but they want to milk it for a "credible" amout of time.

+ Reply to Thread