+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3847574;
    Chelsie was able to "pull it off" with Ty because of the type of person Ty is. Ty's personality was able to overshadow his dancing and that is why he went as far as he did.

Jake, on the other hand, needs his dancing to overshadow his personality to get anywhere and I just don't see that happening!
    I agree if Jake doesn't get good scores from the judges there is no way he will be safe with the public vote.

Chelsie turned Ty into a great dancer so I believe she can atleast make Jake look ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3847595;
    I'm sure we'll spend the season debating this. Everyone can look up their posts from Melissa's season and re-post.

Obviously their use of the word "stars" is pretty vague, sort of like "world" in "World Series."

The question now is whether ABC plans to establish this as a new tradition. Apparently it worked out well for their ratings the first time, so they'll probably keep it going.

How long until they reverse it and have someone from DWTS as the Bachelor? (Maybe this has already happened?)
    I think maybe because it was so long ago that people forget that the very first person eliminated from DWTS was former Bachelorette Trista. It's not anything new.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 03-04-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3847373;
    Maks does not understand why Jake was cast. It will be interesting to see if Chelsie responds to Maks' comments. I'll bet on her only doing what ABC forces her to do and nothing more.
    I love to watch Maks dance and think he does an awesome job with his partners, but he does like to "stir the pot." I almost wonder if ABC allows him to do it because of the controvery that sometimes ensues (remember the comments he made regarding Cheryl and Lacey's weight?) gets people talking about the show.

Chelsie was able to "pull it off" with Ty because of the type of person Ty is. Ty's personality was able to overshadow his dancing and that is why he went as far as he did.

Jake, on the other hand, needs his dancing to overshadow his personality to get anywhere and I just don't see that happening!
    Ty had a HUGE fan base though otherwise he would've been out around the time Steve O and Wozniak left---Fake Jake the Joke will not be able to benefit from the powers of editing and his fakeness will shine through. I'm sure he's an okay dancer and has the strength to pull of lifts, etc., I will be interested in see his first dance = hopefully they don't go soft on him and give him a waltz or something like that.

It will come down to who's voting and who they like, and if they don't like Jake they won't vote for him.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I agree that Ty went further in the competition because of his personality and fan base than he would have based entirely on his dancing abilities. However, I believe that Jake - like Ty - may do pretty well in the classic ballroom dances that require the strong frame. This is where stiffness may actually help a contestant. However, if he has to do Latin dances early in the competition than viewers may want to poke out their eyeballs to remove the images they've seen.

I just hope that they DO NOT have him dance to "On the Wings of Love" or something equally cheesy and pilot-themed. Do you think he might do a Viennese Waltz the first week out, in honor of his betrothed?

I saw thier official photo today and Jake and Chelsie look miserable. I think they don't make it past week 1.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3847622;
    I love to watch Maks dance and think he does an awesome job with his partners, but he does like to "stir the pot." I almost wonder if ABC allows him to do it because of the controvery that sometimes ensues (remember the comments he made regarding Cheryl and Lacey's weight?) gets people talking about the show.
    There's been debates going on about Maks and his comments at other forums-I know he isn't for everyone but I'm glad our little world here isn't as brutal as some others can be This is a show that cast Tom Delay and Kate Gosselin. Good or bad, they want to get people talking. Maks tells it like it is. Given a few things in his blog and a remark made by Conrad Green about talking to Maks "not to bully Erin" (adding given her job she can probably handle him as it is), I think maybe they've told him to scale it back. But it gets people talking. I don't think it's stirring the pot as much as it's him giving or being asked for his opinion. At least he doesn't sugar coat things Besides, judging from comments I've read both here and elsewhere it doesn't sound like many people are happy Jake was cast.

I'm less optimistic that Jake will be an early boot. I think he'll be around a long while; probably not finals bound but I wouldn't be surprised. I think they have to stroke his ego. I adore Chelsie, but there's other couples besides these two I'd rather see stick around this season.

I saw thier official photo today and Jake and Chelsie look miserable. I think they don't make it past week 1.
    I've been getting the same impression in the few photos I've seen. They seem disconnected in their photo.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-05-2010 at 12:20 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3848212;

I've been getting the same impression in the few photos I've seen. They seem disconnected in their photo.
    That is kind of like those rehearsal clips we get where it looks like the couple is going to do poorly, and then they come out and score 9s and 10s.
    Most of the time, you just can't tell until the couple gets out there and performs.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3848229;
    That is kind of like those rehearsal clips we get where it looks like the couple is going to do poorly, and then they come out and score 9s and 10s.
    Most of the time, you just can't tell until the couple gets out there and performs.
    To me it almost seemed like he was afraid if he hugged Chelsie that the tabloids woud start something. It will not matter what really goes on because one of those magazines will have the headline this season " Jake and Chelsie new couple alert; What will Vienna think".....

where are you guys seeing pics?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread