+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Altanana;3860906;
    Let me simply say I love Jake and Vienna and I think Jake did very well for his first dance. It seems to me people should be voting on merit rather than personalities.

The one judge told Jake to keep his legs together because he looked like he was riding a horse. He does have a bit of the G.Bush Texas bowlegged swagger. He took all criticism very well and I think he will just get better.

Chelsie is adorable and she and Vienna are friends. She even went to Vienna's family visit in FL. They all went to Disney, if you want to see pics of them there you can find them on Jake or Vienna's Twitter pages.

Are we allowed to post links here?
    Welcome Altanana!

You can post links here to any tweets, as long as they pertain to the show. The FAQ can help with out with other questions you may have.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3860876;
    Reality TV is now a huge part of the television industry. I did some research, and some polls are now showing that people indicate that 4 out of 5 of their favorite shows are reality tv shows.
    The Bachelor, by ratings, is #3 in the reality tv genre.

Jake is one of the slots representing reality tv. As the Bachelor is #3 in reality tv in ratings and is also an ABC show, it makes sense to have Jake on the show.
    I think Jake was cast more to go along with the "most talked about/controversial cast ever". He seemed like a polarizing bachelor contestant to begin with, and picking the least popular woman only capitalized it. Had this been next season of DWTS I doubt we would hve seen him. He, like Kate, had the media hype going for him since TB ended just a few weeks ago. There's only 4 contestants I can recall that were from reality shows cast on here (Trista, Kim, Holly, and Melissa) and the last two probably never would have hit the floor had there not been injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3861269;
    Welcome Altanana!

You can post links here to any tweets, as long as they pertain to the show. The FAQ can help with out with other questions you may have.
    Thank you very much for the welcome and the link information. I will check out the FAQs as well.

I don't understand the upset about Jake being on DWTS...I don't really see who the "stars" are. Everyone there is just a "personality" of some type. I think since The Bachelor pulled in over 14million views this season that is good enough for a little interest.

Vienna was lovely as always and so nice to see Gia again. Jillian and Ed got there a little late, I heard, but they were on a "road trip". Jake's mom and dad were there as well.
    "Take the best and leave the rest!"

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3861002;
    I thought Jake did decently but was a little overscored. Latin should be interesting.
    Pretty much everything I expected happened, Jake was better than many anticipated, but clearly no better than middle of the pack. However, his scores didn't reflect this. He was scored about 2 points higher than the rest of the "middle". I suspected the judges would be told to prop him up a bit, particularly until they know what kind of a voting base he has, because they can't allow him to be voted off the first week. The blatant cross-promotions with all the rose appearances and references was proof of that, IMO.

I think next week's Latin performance will be very telling. We will find out if Jake has any hip action, rhythm or sex appeal necessary to pull off a dance not in hold, we will find out by his scores just how far the judges are being told to go to keep him around, and we can extrapolate based on that how big his fan base really is.

Jake looked earnest. Chelsie seems very sweet. I don't see him going farther than Ty Murray did.

I dont' expect to see Jake get to the F4 (Ty Murray's position)- he might, MIGHT make it mid-way but he's at the bottom of the pack on Dialidol as it stands now - with only Shannon and Aiden below him. I expect him in the bottom 2 this week, since the show will want folks to rally to save him the next week. I soooooooooooooo want to see him in the F2 - but I'd rather see him leave...............
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I can't wait to see him this week. I think sexy dancing scares him. And on top of that he has to pretend to be sexy dancing with Chelsie while Vienna watches. My prediction is that this week he is going to be stiff as a board uncomfortable.

what's his next dance?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I thought it was latin... is that wrong?

The dances next week are the Jive and Foxtrot. I believe he 's got the Jive.

+ Reply to Thread