+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3857635;
    Sounds like he's saying she has famous friends, people folks wouldn't think would even know her (Miss FL aside). In which case: Big whoop-de-doo, Jake. Don't really care who his or her friends are.

If he's 'not a woe-is-me guy,' why didn't he simply choose not to inform us of his various boo-boos and just shut up already? If he was specifically asked about injuries, he could've merely said dancing's hard on the body and been done with it. But no. Just like his "Oh gosh, it's hard that everyone thinks I'm so perfect! And I'm really not!" A legend in his own mind, indeed.
    I very rarely have a truly harsh negative reaction to someone, but this guy's managed to bring it out in me. Took almost a year, but he managed nonetheless. Love Chelsie, but as much as I am a fan of hers, even she is not worth suffering through more than the minimum two weeks of Jake and his sidekick Vienna.

Couldn't agree more, VAgirl. Jake has brought out those same negative feelings in me. I'm disgusted by his shameless egotistical behavior. I plan to vote as many times as I can for every contestant BUT Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3858655;
    via Twitter on 3/17, Gia to Vienna: "I love you both can't wait to see you guys on Monday." And Vienna answered to Gia: "can't wait to see you". The other could be Corrie or maybe one of Jake's SIL. What if it's Tenley - she lives in the neighborhood? Now that could be perceived that Vienna is "friendable".
    Maybe his family is going to be there and it didn't seem like they liked her much on the Bachelor. I do think Gia will be there and perhaps Ella or Tenley. We'll see Monday night.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3859185;
    Wow. I didn't watch him on the Bachelor (or the Bachelorette) so I don't have much of an opinion except that he seems really extra cheesy. (And I saw his pick on the last epi which I understand was vastly unpopular.)

I'm surprised that people actually dislike him as much or more than Kate.
    I don't dislike Jake like those that watched him on TB (and believe, I'm still on the get Kate out train-I cringe to think she might actually be better than expected ) but the vibe I get from him is he just seems kind of phony and like he's putting on an act. So I hope he doesn't try to play up the aw shucks, I'm just a regular country boy schtick when he's making sure he's starring at the camera while playing it up. I'll wait and see myself but I doubt this is a couple I'd vote for.

And if he really does have his family who disapproved of Vienna in the first place sitting there for show, yeah, it'll kind of go along with my impression of him

While I was checking to make sure I'll be recording the show, I felt rather torn and almost deleted it from auto-record. It's rather ridiculous to feel forced to watch it, isn't it? But for many seasons, even if I didn't plan on watching the show due to lack of interest in the cast, sometimes I found a favorite or 2 on the premiere that enticed me to keep watching (even if FF-ing through the other parts). And then I got interested in some of the pros...

Thank goodness Samantha won't be on; she was excrutiatingly painful to watch (sorry, Samantha).

But now Chelsie has Jake and Tony has Kate...oy! There's still Maks with a partner that I might like (I am very empathetic to her real life ordeal), the pro numbers are usually great, and there's Tom and Bruno. And, I must admit that I am curious about seeing Vienna in the audience (yes, I like her).

Chelsie is more than adorable enough and more than talented enough to watch; so, yes, I've talked myself back into it. But I'll be FF-ing through the yawner stuff and doing my best to mentally and visually block Kate off the screen while I try to watch Tony.

ETA: I'll miss Louie (Chelsie's previous partner), but maybe they will show an update with him. They were SO cute together and it sounds like they were friends off the show.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 03-21-2010 at 12:57 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

I'll stand up for the Bachelor. I hope he does well.

I am guessing:

1. Jake is anticipated to dance only slightly better than zero. I think he may better that supposition.

2. Vienna gets along better with his mother and family than people think.

3. I suspect that most of the women in the cast - including Ashleigh - would now like to be Vienna's friend for the chance to be in the audience at DWTS. Gia and Chris were shown as her friends. We will see who they select.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3859353;
    I'll stand up for the Bachelor. I hope he does well.

I am guessing:

1. Jake is anticipated to dance only slightly better than zero. I think he may better that supposition.

2. Vienna gets along better with his mother and family than people think.

3. I suspect that most of the women in the cast - including Ashleigh - would now like to be Vienna's friend for the chance to be in the audience at DWTS. Gia and Chris were shown as her friends. We will see who they select.
    Bloomers, I definitely agree with you on number 3. After so much time has passed, and considering they spent all of a few weeks together, most of these women are more than happy to bury the hatchet and be Vienna's friend because as the winner, she gets all the good Hollywood invites.

FORT Fanatic

As much as I really don't care for Jake, I just hope that this will be about Jake learning to dance rather than pimping Jake and Vienna as a couple. I fear we will see Vienna at dance rehearsals, Jake will pull her into interviews, we'll see Vienna in the crowd with all of her friends. I just hope she stays in the background like other contestants significant others and doesn't have to make herself front and center. We'll see.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3859425;
    Bloomers, I definitely agree with you on number 3. After so much time has passed, and considering they spent all of a few weeks together, most of these women are more than happy to bury the hatchet and be Vienna's friend because as the winner, she gets all the good Hollywood invites.
    I couldn't agree more with this. Not too many will mind sitting next to Vienna at DWTS for a free ticket to the show and getting their face on TV.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3859427;
    As much as I really don't care for Jake, I just hope that this will be about Jake learning to dance rather than pimping Jake and Vienna as a couple. I fear we will see Vienna at dance rehearsals, Jake will pull her into interviews, we'll see Vienna in the crowd with all of her friends. I just hope she stays in the background like other contestants significant others and doesn't have to make herself front and center. We'll see.
    I just hope that Jake doesn't delay the judges comments by running over to Vienna in the crowd to display his undying love for her!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3859477;
    I just hope that Jake doesn't delay the judges comments by running over to Vienna in the crowd to display his undying love for her!
    I hate to say it, but you just know that is coming!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

+ Reply to Thread