+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3856559;
    The only reason she has so many fans is because her ex husband is a complete weenie and people have decided to pity her.

I dont' think her star shines any brighter than his right now - it used to be team Kate or team Jon but after the split both parties took a huge hit and just judging by the comments being made on this board, there are more people now who don't like her and won't vote for her than will.

Kate is a legend in her own mind.

And then there's this - which I don't believe for one second:

From gather.com:

"Kate caught wind that Pamela Anderson was getting paid $50,000 an episode (so per week) and $350,000 bonus if she wins. Sweet deal. Not sweet enough for Kate though.

According to 'a friend' in the blab-loids, Kate insisted on more money. And she got it. Kate is being paid $75,000 an episode (so per week) and a $450,000 bonus if she wins.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I don't believe that either... I don't think DWTS is that desperate to have her on the show.

With the number of celebs who have expressed interest in doing this show, I dont' think they'd be desperate enough to have anyone on their show.

They seem to have 3 categories they cast for - trainwrecks, potentials, sure things - Kate falls into the trainwreck category that will likely last no more than 4 episodes. (and I'm being very generous)
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I read that article, and had to delete links to it elsewhere, because the author was pretending to have facts that she didn't. Gather.com is a site for anyone sitting at home to write whatever they want, and pretend that they are a journalist. It is not considered a legit news source at FORT (or anywhere else) for linking articles.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Again, I don't have first hand knowledge of Kate. I know her as a gossip reputation. However, one of the things that I enjoy doing is lurking on blogging sites. I enjoy reading people's viewpoints even when I don't know that much about the situation or have one of my own. As much as I love to comment at the FORT, reading is also simply enjoyable for me.
    What I am finding out about Kate is that she is indeed polarizing. Although there are a great many people who can't stand her, there are also a great many people who like her and strongly defend her even in the face of some of the articles where she appears to snub people and act like a diva.
    Based on what I have read, I don't know but what she may get enough votes to stay on a while. It would not surprise me.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I absolutely hate it when people use the fact that they have children to complain about money situations – “I’m a single parent”, “We have kids”, etc. etc.

Any idiot knows that it takes money to have and raise children. But who makes the choice to have kids? Parents. In Kate’s case, she made the choice to have LOTS of kids, and was very handsomely paid for the Gosselin TV reality show. There has been talk/negotiations about a new reality show – “Kate plus 8”.

There’s an article that was posted at FORT last year about what the DWTS celebrities get paid – as I recall, it was something along the lines of $200k initial payment, a certain amount per week, then a large bonus if they get to the finals and a large bonus if they win.

DWTS is not “desperate” for anyone – stars are clamoring to be on the show and many get turned away.

I’ve read that Jon and Kate Gosselin have had differences, financial and otherwise. But she also has said (on several interviews, and as recent as on “The View” this morning) that she had a dance studio built in her home. (Most struggling parents can’t do that.) She’s going around trying to make it appear that her cupboards are bare and her kids are hungry, and she’s facing homelessness. What a crock.

FORT Fogey

They seem to have 3 categories they cast for - trainwrecks, potentials, sure things - Kate falls into the trainwreck category that will likely last no more than 4 episodes. (and I'm being very generous)
    ITA. I can imagine there will be the usual trainwreck curiosity from the audience to see how Kate does the first few dances. But I wouldn't be surprised if she's "injured" (i.e., takes a dive) so she can avoid the humiliation of being voted off and to avoid doing the more complicated dances.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3856064;
    . . . I'd have expected Pussy Cat Doll Girl to be the problem, given she had a pre-existing rep of being a diva, but for this talentless hack to be the hotpoint? Ick. Of course it could just be stories, admittedly, but something about it just seems... likely. Not because she's "a bad mom" for being on TV. But because she's a "bad mom" for PUTTING HER KIDS ON TV. People keep forgetting that aspect. Who cares what she does with herself? The kids are the issue.
    Perfectly stated, Krom!

I found this posted on the Baltimore Sun's Z on TV blog. It is a story from the National Enquirer, so make of it what you will (although they did break the Tiger Woods story accurately). (Moderators: I'm not sure if this is OK to post. If you don't think it is appropriate, please delete.)

KLUTZY KATE DRIVING 'DANCE' PARTNER MAD - Mike Walker News | Gossip - National Enquirer

"Now that tubby, stubby hubby JON’s out of the picture, KATE GOSSELIN’s bossing a new man around – and he hates it!

"Insiders report Kate’s “Dancing with the Stars” pro partner TONY DOVOLANI is frustrated, furious and flat-out exhausted trying to teach dance moves to the lead-footed reality TV mom.

" 'Kate is a klutz! She doesn’t listen and can’t take direction,' Tony told pals. Kate wants to lead, not follow, constantly questions Tony’s choreography, drives him crazy with her bossiness – and worse, she’s totally clumsy and ungraceful.

"Set insiders snipe that she’s especially rude and condescending to hair, makeup and wardrobe staffers, who secretly hope her first move on stage will be a pratfall."

She was on The View today and they brought up the subject of the diva stories that are flying around.
    Of course she offered a denial of sorts, claiming that as she's in PA and not even with the others stars so can't possibly be being a diva towards them.
    Sounded kinda flimsy to me.
    These stories are very easy to believe though because many people have witnessed her behaviour on other shows (which I obviously won't go into here).
    I don't think we'd have believed the same about Shawn Johnson, for example.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I can totally understand the diva comments. I guess I have always just viewed her as stressed and tightly wound. When I am very stressed I can become very self absorbed and my mind is constantly going thinking about a million different things. My husband could be speaking to me and I would have no idea because my mind is so preoccupied with this and that. I don't have 8 kids (never will, Lord willing hehe) and I have never gone through a public divorce so more than anything I get the extremely tense vibe from her. Especially on Kimmel did not see the View today.

I also can see her faking an injury to avoid being voted off.. haha

+ Reply to Thread