+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

I read an article today which must've been written last week. She said tons of people were commenting on her sour expression during the eliminatin last week. Then she said that maybe she should have a big goofy grin during the next elimination - which is what she did.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3876989;
    that's what I was thinking too.

I get the fascination with folks wanting to torture her by public humiliation, but she's so consumed with herself she actually probably thinks all these people like her.....I'd love to know the percentage that are voting because they are a fan, or want to humiliate her - that would be interesting to know.
    Me too. Is it more people are loving to watch her embarrass herself or that they're truly wanting to support her and silence the haters? It would be interesting to know. I'd love to know, too, where she really stands. I do think it'll take Kate knocking out a huge favorite for people and the judges to maybe take her down a notch, unless they intend to keep her around and hope the rage equals ratings.

I also don't think Kate will win or make the finals. I think that's a huge gamble to tick people off and make the show even more laughable than she's already making it. It's bad enough people are already questioning their scores towards her, but I can't imagine the uproar if she were to actually make it that far. Publicity gold, yes, but viewer outrage and turning people off completely isn't worth it. I don't think anyone would believe her fans got her there, but think the show put her there.

FORT Fogey

There is an article on AOL on Wallet Pop that puts it in financial terms that are easily understandable why Kate is first still around ( and in my opinion is going to stay as long as possible) and why both she and Pam dance as late in the show as possible. Also, they explain why we see Kate pronounced "safe" almost last each time as well.
    It all has to do with commercials and therefore ratings. For the first time ever, DWTS is beating American Idol, and the media thinks it is because of Kate ( for the women) and Pam for the men.
    The article lays it on out in the idea that I have been suggesting but in the words that I couldn't come up with.

Kate =viewer interest ( of varying kinds) - viewers sitting through and watching commercials - ratings - money for the show.

Pam is the same thing but on a lesser scale.

My opinion is even firmer that the judges may criticize Kate on and off the show, but her scores are going to stay high enough to offset a low viewer vote for as long as possible for the ratings which have been a bonanza for the show this season.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

I expect that Kate is going to be exceedingly nasty to Tony this week and on DWTS next week given all the devastating information that came out today about what took place during filming of J&K plus 8. One true lowpoint was that the children were told it was Christmas morning so the TLC crew could get film of them running down the stairs all excited. The problem? It wasn't Christmas morning at all. Simply repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3876970;
    What is it about her they like? I'd like to know they type of supporters Kate has first-hand.

My sister actually supports Kate. She said Jon is the slimeball and she didn't see anything wrong in how Kate treated Jon.
    Argh. AGAIN with the binary thinking. It gets me EVERY time that people seem to have so much trouble letting go of the concept that there's a good guy and a bad guy. A victim and a monster. "Team Kate" and "Team Jon", I think, mock the reality of the situation. That this is a PAIR of bad people, and that picking a side between them is at best totally unnecessary and at worst ensures you are supporting a real schmuck either way.

Or another way of putting it? I'm on "Team The Kids". Admittedly the actions of our Team are mostly limited to wishful thinking that these poor kids had even ONE good parent. But that's all we can really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3877082;
    For the first time ever, DWTS is beating American Idol, and the media thinks it is because of Kate ( for the women) and Pam for the men.
    Do we have access to any actual data that a significant number of men even WATCH this show? On and off I've seen claims by people about a male demographic's actions in relation to this show, and yet I have to think that demo is easily only a quarter the size of the female one. And remember... in addition to watching, they also likely have to carry through and VOTE as well.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-14-2010 at 05:03 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Wouldn't it be cool if we could run PSAs about this site, so everyone could get the results from here and not have to watch the Tuesday show at all. That's what I do. :-)

FORT Fogey

I agree there is no way they will let her win, but they will cash in for as long as they think is allowable. Maybe she will go out just before F4.

I've been checking the ratings and they actually spike during the time she's on.

That's why ABC brought her on.

Like her or not, she increases the ratings and that's how shows make their money.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3877107;
    I agree there is no way they will let her win, but they will cash in for as long as they think is allowable. Maybe she will go out just before F4.
    That's been my take as well. She will go F5 right before semis. She will take out 3 more better dancers before she goes.

I expect her to get 6s and 7s this week and for them to low ball the middle ones to keep it close so it doesn't look like a total mockery although you'd have to pretty much be a moron to think she can dance at this point.

To be fair I think she and Pam should have their turn going early but DWTS isn't about fair. And I'm going into next week knowing she will be safe last minute like she always is.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3877082;
    There is an article on AOL on Wallet Pop that puts it in financial terms that are easily understandable why Kate is first still around ( and in my opinion is going to stay as long as possible) and why both she and Pam dance as late in the show as possible. Also, they explain why we see Kate pronounced "safe" almost last each time as well.
    It all has to do with commercials and therefore ratings. For the first time ever, DWTS is beating American Idol, and the media thinks it is because of Kate ( for the women) and Pam for the men.
    The article lays it on out in the idea that I have been suggesting but in the words that I couldn't come up with.

Kate =viewer interest ( of varying kinds) - viewers sitting through and watching commercials - ratings - money for the show.

Pam is the same thing but on a lesser scale.

My opinion is even firmer that the judges may criticize Kate on and off the show, but her scores are going to stay high enough to offset a low viewer vote for as long as possible for the ratings which have been a bonanza for the show this season.
    I don't know if saying they're beating Idol is a fair comparision. They aren't on the same night and the results show gets beaten by Idol. Now I know that's not the way TV advertising works but again, I wouldn't be patting myself on the back. Besides, there's still a long way to go and Kate might be their downfall. If they think the route to go now is casting people like her and Pamela for shock value and who are so controversial, people will tune in no matter what just to watch them (or "support them" if you believe the producers spin) it'll eventually backfire. You would think anyone that wanted to watch Kate would realize they don't have to sit through the whole show or even the results show to see what happens. As if we don't already know. I did send an e-mail to ABC saying my reaction is probably what they wanted in casting Kate, but don't insult your audience's intelligence. By taking out better or more likeable dancers (I still predict her to outlast at least Niecy and Chad) they don't care if she faces a huge personal backlash. She's getting them attention and getting people riled up to tune in and vote. Whatever she does, good or bad, they win.

+ Reply to Thread