+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

I work with people who actually like her....and I have to bite my tongue or it would get ugly around here...work isn't the place for debating Khate or anything of the like....Tony is being professional, he is dealing with what his "bosses" gave him...which is what most of us do at work whether we like the assignment or not.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3876847;
    I just can't see Tony ever doing that. He is a professional who really is there to work for the money for his family. He does not have other shows, book deals, etc. like the unmentionable who claims she needs the money does.

Tony knows if he speaks up against Kate, it would be career suicide for him.
    Not only career suicide where the show is concerned, but it would soil his reputation in the dance world. How would he look any of his students in the eye and respond to the question, if the going gets tough, they should quit? I have to say if Kate were to hit the bottom 2 and be eliminated, rather than face the humiliation of being told the news that America wants her gone, I wonder if she'd be given the option to quit herself. She could play it up on the results show like she's taking one for the team and still live with the delusion that America loves her so much. Her and Tony's demeanor has changed a lot. I still believe they're putting on a front, but how funny Maks speaks out to US Weekly on how Kate doesn't get the process, never smiles, isn't having fun, and suddenly she was all dancing elves and rainbows last night.

"Would you like me to say that you make me cry more than I cry in real life?" Kate sternly pointed out. "Then don't talk about it." Ahhh, how sweet.
    Tony should have countered back "do you want me to remind everyone you're the only partner in 9 seasons where I uttered the words 'I quit' and stormed off'".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3876855;
    I work with people who actually like her....and I have to bite my tongue or it would get ugly around here...work isn't the place for debating Khate or anything of the like....Tony is being professional, he is dealing with what his "bosses" gave him...which is what most of us do at work whether we like the assignment or not.
    What is it about her they like? I'd like to know they type of supporters Kate has first-hand.

My sister actually supports Kate. She said Jon is the slimeball and she didn't see anything wrong in how Kate treated Jon.

I think Jon is a lost soul -but not a slimeball and I think Kate treated Jon like dirt.

I thought her treatment of Tony would be enough for the world to truely open their eyes, but why that isn't happening is soooo beyond me.

I read a bit by an insider that said Kate may actually win this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3876836;
    I hate that they do this every week - if they're safe, call them safe earlier, don't torture us with the thought that she might actually be leaving.

And this has gone on way too long, she needs to leave. It is enough to make me stop watching until she is gone.

It's easy enough to find the videos of others dancing and only watch the results show.
    Yes, they've called her at the end every week, it's quite clear that they think Kate is responsible for the higher ratings this season, so they want to keep everyone in suspense by calling her safe as late as possible.

I've already questioned the marks she's received, but this late calling business makes me think even more that her marks are being inflated to give her a better chance of staying in.
    This week she did do better and I don't think Aiden was streets ahead of Kate, but when she landed only one point behind him I felt it quite obvious she would be around for another week.

I felt her week 2 marks were seriously out of whack with the judges comments. If she continues to get better the marks she's received will be justified and she could be around for a long while.

I made a comment yesterday that it's almost as if they're scoring Nicole, for example, out of 10 and Kate out of 20.
    I know they did different dances and this was not a great week for Nicole, but had Kate danced the way Nicole did she's have probably received 8's or 9's and if Nicole danced the way Kate did you can bet the judges would suddenly find those 3 paddles that they seemed to have lost when scoring Kate in week two.
    The judges just don't seem to be marking everyone on the same scale.
    Once the Producers decide to allow people with prior dance experience to compete I don't feel the judges should use any sort of handicapping system to mark them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

When is that bitch get voted off? I can't stand her in the least..Hopefully next week, I hope..she is nothing but a fvking bully. I feel so sad that Tony has to put up with her.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3876847;
    I just can't see Tony ever doing that. He is a professional who really is there to work for the money for his family. He does not have other shows, book deals, etc. like the unmentionable who claims she needs the money does.

Tony knows if he speaks up against Kate, it would be career suicide for him.
    Sadly - that may be why they stuck him with Kate: they wanted her on the show, but the others said they'd quit if they were paired with her, and they did have backup plans.

Shame really... other than getting "injured" there is no way out anytime soon because people are going to support this trainwreck until someone that is really good is ousted.

I wonder if they ever plan on putting her in the bottom 2, whether or not she ranks there before she finally gets the boot - and if she wins the gawdy disco ball, I will never watch another season.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3876979;
    I wonder if they ever plan on putting her in the bottom 2, whether or not she ranks there before she finally gets the boot - and if she wins the gawdy disco ball, I will never watch another season.
    I rather hope not because I think that might encourage those voting for her to vote even more.
    I know people only have limited votes, but I have read of people setting up several email accounts so they can get in the maximum allowable each week on each account.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3876984;
    I rather hope not because I think that might encourage those voting for her to vote even more.I know people only have limited votes, but I have read of people setting up several email accounts so they can get in the maximum allowable each week on each account.

that's what I was thinking too.

I get the fascination with folks wanting to torture her by public humiliation, but she's so consumed with herself she actually probably thinks all these people like her.....I'd love to know the percentage that are voting because they are a fan, or want to humiliate her - that would be interesting to know.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'm as cynical as the next person but I don't think there is any way they would let her win. It would destroy whatever credibility this show has among viewers. Especially since whichever other couple is in the top two would be so, so much better, no one would believe it wasn't rigged somehow.

+ Reply to Thread