+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

mhr

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

I think there is a lot of great personalities on this season, so why should you let one dancer that you dont like ruin the whole season.. If you dont like Kate you dont have to vote for her. Bottom line, dont vote for her, as for me I think I will throw a few votes every week unless I think Jake is in trouble.. I do not like pammy so I wont vote for her that is the way the show works.

They are not depressed because Khate is not there, they are depressed because Khate won't let Jon watch them. They love their daddy

I only saw J & K 2x, so I don't have the same level of dislike as others might have. I've seen her on the View a few times and I actually liked her. She seemed to have some personality to her.
    Perhaps I won't like her when I see the show, but for the time being, I'm fine with her.
    Whati like about DWTS is that they always have such a cross section of people on to appeal to lots of viewers. Nobody is going to like each and every person, but with so many, there's bound to be someone who will appeal to us.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

From the very first post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3846495;

(NOTE: This thread is for discussion of Kate only in relation to her involvement in Dancing With The Stars, and current appearances she makes in the media that relate to DWTS. This thread is not to be used for rehashing debates about her TLC shows, or taking sides in her personal life. The thread will be monitored closely by FORT staff.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

From the very first post in this thread:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MFWalkoff

(NOTE: This thread is for discussion of Kate only in relation to her involvement in Dancing With The Stars, and current appearances she makes in the media that relate to DWTS. This thread is not to be used for rehashing debates about her TLC shows, or taking sides in her personal life. The thread will be monitored closely by FORT staff.)

Hope the following is o.k....After reading some of the posts above, I just got to thinking that Kate's participation on this show will be very telling about her future in the media. I hate to say it, but I think Kate will do well; i.e. we may be in for "The Kate Show".

DWTS will give her the most visibility she's ever had. For all of those who never saw her on J&K+8 and the ensuing aftermath will see her with fresh eyes. Without knowledge of her history, she is quite attractive and charming. And, she is one fiercely determined person. On top of it all, she has Tony as a partner who is the perennial gentleman who can make anyone look good. Finally, while there are many who dislike Kate, she has a HUGE fanbase that seems to support her in a big way. I think the "haters" (myself included) must be the minority.

I'm not the biggest Jake fan, but if I had to choose, I hope he is the better of the two reality tv contestants. And, if it does become too much about Kate, I wonder if the other stars take her down a notch???

Totally disliking the new "bob", by the way - even more than the 12-year old girl 70's doo she had a week ago (read where her extensions cost $7000).

SNL skit described her original haircut as quite functional....from the front it looks as if she's heading into a job interview. From the back, it looks like she's leaving a rock concert. Hee! Loved that!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

For anyone who's interested, Kate will again be co-hosting The View on Wednesday, March 17th.

Oy. This is going to be tough. It's such a fine line that it will be hard for me to determine when I cross it.

Hope the following is o.k....After reading some of the posts above, I just got to thinking that Kate's participation on this show will be very telling about her future in the media. I hate to say it, but I think Kate will do well; i.e. we may be in for "The Kate Show".

DWTS will give her the most visibility she's ever had. For all of those who never saw her on J&K+8 and the ensuing aftermath will see her with fresh eyes. Without knowledge of her history, she is quite attractive and charming. And, she is one fiercely determined person. On top of it all, she has Tony as a partner who is the perennial gentleman who can make anyone look good. Finally, while there are many who dislike Kate, she has a HUGE fanbase that seems to support her in a big way. I think the "haters" (myself included) must be the minority.
    I pity the mods this season between Jake and Kate, and who knows who else might cause the whole fan war. The good thing for those that don't like Kate and hope she gets a quick trip back to PA, or the LA club scene where she's more likely to head first, is that all the negative J&K press is following her to DWTS. Every piece I've seen on Kate is asking the question more about whether she's being a bad mother for doing the show and leaving her kids than getting behind her. In terms of the celebs who still have kids living at home, I think Pamela does but not sure about the rest. I think there's a strong possibility that the show will get out of Kate what they want; she'll probably outlast Buzz, and I think there's even a chance she could outlast Pam and Shannen (the two "bad girls" of the cast, paired with a newbie and a pro whose popularity I really question), Niecy, and even Aiden and possibly Jake. Unless Kate and Tony are totally bluffing about her dancing, and I don't think she realizes how many hearts will be broken if she is, she isn't going to be anywhere close to mediocre. She'll be that bad. Because it's Kate, and how people react to people that are the worst of the worst outlasting better couples, that's only going to work against her. Kate's in it for her own personal gain to keep herself out there, and if anything comes of it I don't know and won't be watching. With all the publicity and new hair that show has given her, I think they're trying to give her some redeeming qualities and let her be exposed to the masses and perhaps have every opporunity to defend herself. I love me some Tony and pity him, but I'm not sure if he alone would have any impact to her lasting. The more I see of the cast, the more I'm thinking it's going to totally bomb Kate's only a small part of that, but I'm just getting the impression something isn't going to deliver like they expected. They can't always expect the audience to react to certain celebs like they think, and maybe they figure Kate will be an early boot but are surprised and sorry for how long she lasts.

I agree about the hair. Reminds me of a line on The Golden Girls when Dorothy ripped the toupee off her ex husband's head and said she wanted to talk to the bald guy who walked out on her. I want to see the Kate that got her tabloid infamy and the reputation that she herself earned. No changing hair styles on someone else's dime is going to change that.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-14-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3854296;
    SNL skit described her original haircut as quite functional....from the front it looks as if she's heading into a job interview. From the back, it looks like she's leaving a rock concert. Hee! Loved that!
    Sounds like a mullet. Maybe she'll wear this shirt on the show.

She's going to be on The View AGAIN? And I thought there was a God.

I'm really hoping that she's gone off DWTS after the first week, although I love Tony; he is my favorite pro. Even though I know he has to say the right things in the media, surely he must be cringing about having her as his partner.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

From the New York Post:

Kate Gosselin's attitude roils 'Dancing'

Last Updated: 4:01 AM, March 15, 2010

Posted: 12:34 AM, March 15, 2010

Kate Gosselin is being a "total diva" on the set of "Dancing With the Stars" -- snubbing other contestants and behaving frostily to crew members, sources tell Page Six. The recently divorced mom of eight has been rehearsing for the ABC show, which starts its new season March 22. Her icy behavior also persuaded Olympic figure skater Johnny Weir to pull out of talks about being on the show because he didn't want to work alongside Gosselin. A "DWTS" source said, "Kate doesn't want anything to do with other contestants . . . While there's a lot of camaraderie among the crew and other stars including Pamela Anderson, Kate has set herself apart . . . She wants to be queen bee." Gosselin's rep didn't get back to us. A show source said, "She's been rehearsing in Pennsylvania to be near her kids. For the short time she was in LA, she and the cast got along great."
    Kate Gosselin 'a total diva' on 'Dancing With The Stars' set - NYPOST.com
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 03-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3854969;
    Maybe she can be the Macy Gray of this season - here's hoping.

+ Reply to Thread