+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Hi karalott. Sadly, I think you are right that Kate will stick around for at least another week. If they get rid of her now, it will look much too suspicious that they had some kind of agreement to keep her "dancing" until her so-called book comes out.

Speaking of her book, some excerpts have been posted in various places online. Just when I thought this woman could sink no lower and get any more reprehensible in damaging her children and demolishing their privacy, she has succeeded in doing so. She has written some VERY personal information about her children's emotions and behavior in the vein of "so and so, you regularly cried inconsolably," and "so and so, you challenged my authority and made me call your daddy at work when you would not obey," and "so and so, you were cute but a difficult baby," etc.

How could anyone think this is OK? I cannot imagine who in their right mind would fork out money to buy this creepy book.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Mushybrain, thanks for the info you provided earlier on the custody battle. And you're so right about what you posted above, it is a complete violation of thier privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann
    While other parents have been on the show, I don't remember any other contestant who left their child or children behind with just nannies to care for them half the time. The tups are only 5 years old and the twins 9 and have been through a lot the past year with the divorce and paparazzi in their faces. Adults have a hard time coping with that kind of press coverage. At five and nine, what they are experiencing now is practically their whole reality of what living a life is all about.
    You touched on it right there. Besides a parent's death, divorce is one of the most difficult life situations for young children to bear. During the year following divorce, they need normalcy, ROUTINE and, more than ever, assurance that THEY are wanted and loved, even if their parents no longer are together. I understand that when it comes to making money in the entertainment business, you have to ride the wave as long and far as you can to maximize profits. But, for the sake of the kids, Kate and Jon should have backed away to let their kids adjust to this life change. It's not about the kids and never will be.

Frankly, I'm sick of it. I will tune in for a week or two more, but if Kate's still there, I'm tuning out.

I think Kate will be gone at F5 if not before. Show will not let her get beyond that if even that far. I thought it could be she goes this week because of her book tour but that might be too obvious. I would however love it if she went and we could move past all her drama. We are prob in for another dance of Tony dragging her around while she has that blank look on her face with the judges overscoring her in 2 categories this week. I can't however imagine her not being in last this week. Her technique and performance both stink. Should have been 2s and 3s for weeks but unfortunately they haven't been fair with her scoring yet and I don't think it will start this week.

Seriously, who are these people voting for Kate? Please don't say moms or Christians, because I'm both and am one of her biggest anti-fans. No one I know likes her. There was a poll on another site for dwts favorite and she had 17 votes. Ugh.

Get. Off. My. TV.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3875232;
    Seriously, who are these people voting for Kate? Please don't say moms or Christians, because I'm both and am one of her biggest anti-fans.

Get. Off. My. TV.

IMHO, those who are voting for her have the same mentality as people who appear on the Jerry Springer or Maury Povich shows. (Just for the record: I do NOT watch those shows, but have seen portions while switching channels, and just reading the title of the show on the channel guide tells you all you need to know about participants.) They don't even realize how delusional their thought processes are. The goal is to have more money than you currently have, and it's okay to do whatever you want to do to achieve that goal. And if you see someone who has succeeded in that goal, cheer them on, too!

It's a sad state of affairs.

BTW, mom2, I borrowed your signature and used it in another thread. It's a classic!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3875232;
    Seriously, who are these people voting for Kate? Please don't say moms or Christians, because I'm both and am one of her biggest anti-fans. No one I know likes her. There was a poll on another site for dwts favorite and she had 17 votes. Ugh.

Get. Off. My. TV.
    IMO there are two groups of people voting for Kate: fans and people who enjoy watching her dance horribly. The fans want to keep her on to support her and help her earn money "for those adorable kids!!" and the others want to keep her on because they want to see her humiliate herself.

If what you also want to know is who are her fans - I can't answer for everyone - but I used to lurk at another reality TV site and this site had a lot of Kate supporters. (One of the reasons I left). My impression is that for them they identified with the struggle of having a passive husband and many kids to deal with. Lots of if you also had to deal with _______ you would also behave like Kate. No awareness of how Kate also contributed to the tension and problems.

Who is John Galt?

Can't stand her and just fast forward through her practice sessions and performance. Please people - get rid of her. It is agonizing to watch poor Tony struggle with this reality "star" diva and her huge ego.

FORT Fogey

Maksim: Kate Gosselin Doesn't 'Get the Point' of 'DWTS' - Yahoo! TV Blog

Maksim: Kate Gosselin Doesn't 'Get the Point' of 'DWTS'

In the new issue of Us Weekly, a "Dancing with the Stars" insider reveals Kate Gosselin's first choice for pro partner: Maksim Chmerkovskiy. "She wishes she had been partnered with Maks because he's a stronger personality [than Tony Dovolani], and Kate likes a man who takes charge."

A crew source counters: "Kate would have lasted about five minutes with Maks."

Well, Dovolani has Chmerkovskiy's admiration — and sympathy? — for taking on the 35-year-old reality mom. "I admire Tony," Maks wrote Friday on his TV Guide blog. "Not just because he's my friend."

The dancer explains: "I've spoken to Kate, and I don't think she gets the point of this thing yet. The pain on her face says it all, which is unfortunate."

Gosselin scored a low score of 15 points — and lots of jeers from the judges — last week for her paso doble routine set to Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi."

"The show is about finding a way to come out, enjoy yourself and have fun," Maksim writes. Of Gosselin and Dovolani's fiery relationship, he writes, "We were taught to respect our teachers, so as teachers, we expect to be respected by our students. Kate needs to trust him. However lifeless that paso was, he had her ready with the routine."

Last week, Gosselin complained to E! News that it has been"very difficult" to focus, especially with a new custody lawsuit filed by her ex Jon Gosselin. "I can't put my life aside and dance for six hours a day."

But Chmerkovskiy implores her to try and do just that. "It's a chance for her to focus on something other than personal drama. How many women with multiple kids sit back and reminisce about the days they could go and dance when they watch our show? How many people vicariously live through us? You need to enjoy it."
    Awww, I **heart** Maks!

I HOPE tonight she makes the ultimate fool of herself. I am SO sick of her. I. WANT. HER. TO. FAIL. and fail badly. I want her to be so humiliated that she hides her face FOREVER

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Five seconds? I give it two. Maks would have walked in, took one look, and ran the other way. If Kate thinks it's bad with Tony, she has no idea how tough Maks can be. I think celebs go for pros like Maks because of the popularity factor but get a harsh reality check once the rehearsals begin.

It's pathetic she says she has too much going on (all of which she brought on herself) and can't concentrate when Erin has death threats against her and is still managing to give it her all.

+ Reply to Thread