+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

That's ridiculous. Kate has an ulterior motive for not letting Jon see the children as much as he should. She is playing the poor working single mother card to the hilt and I guess some buy it although that astounds me. I think Jon stands a good chance of getting a set schedule of visitation with the children. It could be a decent amount of time as well if the mother is off doing a book tour and another show that takes her away from PA. It would be much better for the children to have their father care for them than various nannies. You have to love your children more than you hate your ex. Making your child pay will come back to haunt you one day. They don't stay little forever.

Kate works because she wants the fame and exposure. She pretends it's about the money and clearly she likes raking it in but fact is she is a very wealthy woman. She isn't worrying how to pay her bills or put a meal on the table like some parents really do. Every IV is about how she's like every other mom. She's not in more ways than one which is a good thing for a lot of children out there.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3874083;
    That's ridiculous. Kate has an ulterior motive for not letting Jon see the children as much as he should. She is playing the poor working single mother card to the hilt and I guess some buy it although that astounds me. I think Jon stands a good chance of getting a set schedule of visitation with the children. It could be a decent amount of time as well if the mother is off doing a book tour and another show that takes her away from PA. It would be much better for the children to have their father care for them than various nannies. You have to love your children more than you hate your ex. Making your child pay will come back to haunt you one day. They don't stay little forever.

Kate works because she wants the fame and exposure. She pretends it's about the money and clearly she likes raking it in but fact is she is a very wealthy woman. She isn't worrying how to pay her bills or put a meal on the table like some parents really do. Every IV is about how she's like every other mom. She's not in more ways than one which is a good thing for a lot of children out there.
    To me, Jon's no less of a fame hound than she is. He could have picked anytime for a custody fight but does so now when she's full steam ahead in the spotlight because of DWTS, her upcoming book tour, and the announcement of two new reality shows. Whether or not Jon had disputed it before I don't know but as much as they hate each other, maybe they're in on it. They no longer have their show together to make themselves miserable but this lets them legitmately keep doing so.

Don't you think some of the pros say, No, I will not work with that star, and if you assign them to me, I will not do the show?
    My memory is fuzzy on the details but Nick Kosovich, a pro from seasons 2 and 3, supposedly got into it with the producers on some issue (I had heard he wanted some sort of production role, didn't like their way of doing things and representing ballroom-something along those lines) and got axed from the show as a result. Nick's never even been back even for a pro number. Now, he was at that time and would still be one of the oldest, if not the oldest pro on the show, so considering their casting choices of pros in the last few seasons and who they've kept, they're obviously going younger. Which makes me wonder about the fate of our 30 or near 30 year old pros that are on right now. But if Tony said he quit and walked out, I think that would also damage his reputation in his own profession, as he was apparently already worried about, and he could kiss the show good bye. They could easily find someone to fill his slot. I do notice that Tony never seems to defend that Kate rumors about her attitude, but is quick to speak up when he's quoted as saying something he didn't.

I predict when the brood of 8 turn 18 we're going to hear how mommy and daddy spent every dime they earned off them and they don't have anything. I can't believe anyone really thinks Kate is a struggling single mom that isn't already set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3874069;
    Another interesting bit of information that exposes Kate's lies about her supposed poverty and why she had to do DWTS is that TLC pays her $100,000 per month. It is not clear to me whether TLC is also ponying up the $21,000 in support that Jon has been court-ordered to pay her. And she is going to receive about $200,000 from DWTS so far. So much for her claim that if she was "financially set" she would love to stay home and bake cookies.
    I wonder how Kate's fans, who have thoroughly bought into her claim of being a single mom struggling to support her kids, feel about this obscene amount of money she is making pretending to be a heroic mom. Unbelievable.
    Isn't it true in life that the more you have, the more you need? Most of us would be so thrilled to live off of a fraction of the money the Gosselins have made off their kids. Justifying what you do because you're needing to provide for your "poor children" doesn't fly.
    I don't condemn moms who work outside the home of course, but her justification as to why she is away so much - whether speaking engagements or book signings or DWTS - doesn't fly. She isn't some poor destitute mom. She is trying to support an increasingly lavish llifestyle. If that's your goal, okay, but don't plead poverty.

FORT Fogey

Not that any of this is any of my business, but to be fair and realistic in making any kind of assessment I would need to know how much it costs Kate in expenditures each month to raise those 8 kids v. how much income she actually accrues monthly.
    I am reading different figures; as it seems the figures differ, I wonder if they are speculative? Does anyone know what her exact income actually is?

What child support does she get, and what is his source of income?

Also, everything is relative....

$200,000 to a public school teacher in the South is equivalent to several years' salary. However, with the cost of living in California and places in the Northeast, the same amount of money might not be anywhere near as significant.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

8 kids can't be cheap. To do it well would cost a couple of hundred thousand a year I would think.

I personally think Kate wants is to maintain a certain lifestyle, e.g. a caliber of home, a cadre of nannies, regular mannies/peddies, shopping, hair extensions, tanning, trips.

It's all this extra stuff that adds an amount that is probably equal to what raising the kids cost.

I really don't have a problem with any of this either.

What gets me is that the poor single mother routine. She is far from poor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3874141;
    Not that any of this is any of my business, but to be fair and realistic in making any kind of assessment I would need to know how much it costs Kate in expenditures each month to raise those 8 kids v. how much income she actually accrues monthly.
    I am reading different figures; as it seems the figures differ, I wonder if they are speculative? Does anyone know what her exact income actually is
    ?

$200,000 to a public school teacher in the South is equivalent to several years' salary. However, with the cost of living in California and places in the Northeast, the same amount of money might not be anywhere near as significant.
    According to upthread post #540, she's raking in well over $1.5 million a year now, and that doesn't include her new book, which is predicted to make the best-seller list (in G-d's name, I don't know why). So, while I have no idea how much it takes to support 8 kids, I imagine that amount of money makes for a comfortable lifestyle for herself and the kids, certainly way more than many other large families have to live on. Struggling single mom she is NOT ... wealthy single mom who makes a cushy living on the backs of her kids (who will all need beaucoup bucks for therapy when they get older) and has a great PR machine she IS.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone know what her exact income actually is?
    Sources of income: TLC contract, advance payments for current and previous 2 books, royalties from previous 2 books, various speaking appearances at women's shows, etc., numerous interviews and media appearances (eg, The View, DWTS). As posted above, Kate is far from the poor, struggling single mom she'd like the public to believe.

Kate lives in rural Pennsylvania, so $200,000 will go a long way toward her COL, and not just for the kids, but also the upkeep of the $1.2M estate, which requires grounds keepers to take care of the property, domestic help to care for the house, etc.

Jon's child support payment is in published documents, $20,000/month. Since he's still under contract to TLC, it may be this sum is part or all of their payments to him. Annual child support of $240,000 is more than sufficient to provide very comfortably for 8 kids living in rural PA.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 04-10-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3874101;
    To me, Jon's no less of a fame hound than she is.
    They are both disgusting fame whores who put fame, money and exposure over their children. I don't think anyone could really argue that. That aside, I do think he could get more time with his children and should on a regular set visitation schedule. That's what is best for the children.

I've read 20k or 21k a month in child support. I would think married they must have raked in about 10 mil between the show, media appearances and the books. I pray that there are trusts in place for the children that neither children can touch and that a neutral third party is watching over it.

If I made 100,000 a month, it would only take me 2 months to pay off EVERYTHING I owe including my house and my student loans!!!

I would be so greatful.

+ Reply to Thread