+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3872615;
    For those still asking "who is voting for Kate?", you have to understand that when Jon & Kate's marriage fell apart there was a very serious group of people that declared themselves "Team Kate." It is true that both sides had supporters, but Team Kate was known to be especially dedicated. Shirts were printed. They developed their following of Kate over years of watching the show and consider her to be a victim that must be supported. Jon's crazy actions after the divorce only magnified their support for Kate. I would be surprised if they are not the most dedicated fan base of all "stars" on the show.

Regarding Jon's legal ploy, that was 100% predicatable and probably the main reason that Kate had the dance studio installed in her basement. We mostly laughed and scoffed when she did this, but clearly her lawyers advised her that her appearance on DWTS would be something any agressive divorce attorney would try to take advantage of. (The suit seems to be laughable--how many other single parents are working the night shift or have a job with travel--but no one says they are ignoring their children.)

I just hope it doesn't encourage Team Kate to vote even more for her.
    And it makes me hate the "binary thinking" that most people can't get past. That there has to be a "good guy" and a "bad guy" (reality shows and tabloids both sell this concept extra hard), and since Jon was the obvious "bad guy" that had to make Kate the good one.

Reality (of the non-TV, non-tabloid type) is SO disconnected from stuff like that. In reality, very often BOTH sides are scum. Declaring "teams", just because someone's in the public eye and we're forced to make that choice, doesn't change that.

So me? I'm on "Team They Should Both Go To Hell". They BOTH decided to put their kids on TV, right? Even before digging into juicy tabloidish issues like "can an annoying shrill woman drive a man to cheat" (answer: she can, but he's still a scum), you have that base issue. Both of these people put their own self-interest and desire to be famous above the welfare of their kids. Game over.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3872961;

And people support this woman? I can't wrap my brain around it.

Long-time DWTS fans: Is Kate about as bad as they get? At least among those younger than 70? She seems dreadful, but are there always a few like that? The only other season I watched was Apolo Ohno's.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Yes. I saw a clip from Bruno on George Lopez's talk show, and he compared Kate to a disaster movie. He said she's dreadful and the worst dancer this season.

She is the same league as the 8-scoring Master P, 12 scoring Tucker Carlson, and the Woz, Monica Seles, and Penn Jillette. Difference with almost all of them, though, is they are least were trying and looked to be having fun. And they got along with their partners, for the most part. Master P was a complete douche who only stepped in for his son, but regardless, he never quit, though I'm sure Ashly (his partner) would have liked him to. He was an ass to her. Kate reminds me a bit of Macy Gray, in both dance and attitude. Many thought Macy was spaced out on god knows what, but she didn't look happy to be there and rumors were she wanted to quit before the premiere even happened (I'm sure Jonathan would have been fine with that). I'd probably say that the others, except for Master P and Tucker, were slightly better than Kate to a very small degree. Master P didn't care and just dragged/walked across the dance floor for 4 dances. Tucker's first dance was mainly him sitting in a chair while his partner cha cha'd around him. And he still got a 12. Anyway, these folks were all in the 2-3-4 category of scoring, which is where Kate should be.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-08-2010 at 05:28 PM.

So me? I'm on "Team They Should Both Go To Hell". They BOTH decided to put their kids on TV, right? Even before digging into juicy tabloidish issues like "can an annoying shrill woman drive a man to cheat" (answer: she can, but he's still a scum), you have that base issue. Both of these people put their own self-interest and desire to be famous above the welfare of their kids. Game over.
    True. What I don't like is Kate going on DWTS with all he "I'm just a mom trying to support my 8 kids" phony baloney. It insults my intelligence. They both have made MILLIONS off their kids and Kate contunues to make big bucks from DWTS and the new book coming out. She has lived a luxurious lifestyle for years and will continue to do so regardless of when she is kicked off DWTS.

Re: DWTS Media Thread

me either - whether or not these Us articles are true or not, just what we've seen with our own two eyes is enough to know she's a miserable super bitch from hell. Bruno got that right!!
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3873020;
    Long-time DWTS fans: Is Kate about as bad as they get? At least among those younger than 70? She seems dreadful, but are there always a few like that? The only other season I watched was Apolo Ohno's.
    She is probably the worst in that she has the combination of horrific dancing with a really nasty attitude. The only one who comes close is Master P, but (although maybe time has softened my opinion), I don't recall him being that hateful. You also get the impression from Kate that she has a sense of entitlement about remaining, that I didn't get from Master P (he just didn't care one way or the other).

And they live in a million dollar home - if she was so poor, why not sell that and get something more modest. I can't imagine any intelligent people being rabid fans of hers.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Kate has TWO new shows in the works. Take a deep breath before reading, folks.

TLC Adds a Twist of Kate Gosselin - News - Yahoo! TV

"Are you ready for more Kate Gosselin?

The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star will headline her own show, Twist of Kate, on TLC, the network announced Thursday.

Check out photos of Kate Gosselin

Set to bow in the summer, the 12-episode series will feature Gosselin responding to fan letters from those who are inspired by her story as a way to profile the personal challenges her fans face. Gosselin will travel the country to meet her fans' families and to try their jobs, according to the network news release.

"I look at it as a loose concept," Gosselin told USA Today. "I want to be out there learning from others, helping to provide insight whenever I can, though I don't consider myself an expert on anything."
    Last edited by tango7; 04-08-2010 at 05:51 PM.

A show you will not see me watching. I almost feel like sending a complaint to TLC.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread