+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

For those who aren't familiar with Kate, doing a little on-line research on her past (poor) behavior will explain why she is so strongly disliked by so many people. You can pm me for some key words to aid your search as I don't want to risk getting into debates in this forum over her previous show.

For that reason, most of us who like really Tony still don't want her around for long. So no, I don't want her to be a good dancer so Tony can stay nor would I want her to be babied by higher than deserved judges scores like Cloris Leachman.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I feel for Tony. Problem is, this women is poison and being the nice man and partner that he is, he'll be right there in the thick of it. Kate's plan if the judges criticize her is to tell them she has 8 kids-I don't know if to gain sympathy that she's a poor struggling single mother, that that's why she dances like crap, or if she's just reminding everyone why she's famous in the first place. Buzz has been to the moon and is in his 80s, but I don't think we'll see him trying that. And there've been plenty of contestants on this show that have had kids. Kate/Tony are on the new cover of People, with the headline about Kate saying it's destroying her that people are calling her a bad mom because she's doing the show. This isn't a solid income, she probably already has the money spent (though not on her new make over, which I'm sure ABC is footing the bill for-wonder what god awful hairstyle she'll come out with this time). And it's not going to open doors for her like other has beens that have been out of the limelight on this show. Buzz just wants to bring the space program back to the center. No one likes her. And she sure as heck can't take criticism very well. Every outlet I've seen talking about her shows unflattering pictures or video clips from their show when discussing her. That even goes for package pieces where people defend her

I can see the 8 kids now, each wearing a t-shirt, along the front row, that spells out Vote 4 Mom.

News - PIC: Kate Gosselin Debuts New Bob for DWTS! - Style & Beauty - UsMagazine.com

Kate's beginning to get more new hair do's than Madonna.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3852793;
    News - PIC: Kate Gosselin Debuts New Bob for DWTS! - Style & Beauty - UsMagazine.com

Kate's beginning to get more new hair do's than Madonna.
    I do enjoy the fact that People magazine seems to be the only one that will never print anything negative about her. I wonder how the other contestants feel about her getting so much press.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3853233;
    I do enjoy the fact that People magazine seems to be the only one that will never print anything negative about her. I wonder how the other contestants feel about her getting so much press.
    Considering it's Kate, the kind of press she's getting, and it's not like she's Erin or Niecy who are pretty much coming out of nowhere and getting all pimped out by the show, they may not care. Everything is negative about her and being on this show. I think I know now why they paired her with Tony; he's got 3 kids and is gone a lot doing the show and other dancing ventures. So they probably figure she can make his name mud when all is said and done because one Kate is gone, I don't think she'll leave gracefully. And maybe they hope Tony will defend her being the "working mom" but I haven't seen him do that yet. I've seen Kate out and about more since she was revealed to be on the show, from red carpet events to press events to getting her hair done, it makes me wonder how much time she's putting into dancing and how she's making her case that she's doing this for the kids.

And I didn't know Kate was trying her hand at being a comedian:

News - Kate Gosselin's Kids "Depressed" She's Away So Much for DWTS - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com

Kate Gosselin's Kids "Depressed" She's Away So Much for DWTS
    Thursday – March 11, 2010 – 2:40pm

Dancing with the Stars contestant Kate Gosselin has gone Hollywood -- and her eight kids back home in Wernersville, Penn. don't like it one bit.

Less than three months after Kate and Jon Gosselin's divorce was finalized, their 9-year-old twins and 5-year-old sextuplets are struggling with even more upheaval: DWTS has their mom 2400 miles away for at least three days a week.

In fact, as she trained and promoted her DWTS stint (the show debuts March 22), Kate, 34, spent Feb. 21 to March 5 away from the kids, a source confirms in the new issue of Us Weekly.

Minded by five nannies in her absence, the kids "were asking, 'When is Mommy coming home?'" an insider tells Us.

Twins Cara and Maddy "seem depressed when Kate isn't around," another source says. Five-year old sons Aaden, Collin and Joel, meanwhile, "got into trouble at school for talking back to teachers," adds the source.

But their mom, who "wants to be a huge star," justifies her work with a surprising comparison -- to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie!

"She says Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have lots of kids and their parents are away for long periods, working to support them," a family insider tells Us

I'm still wondering if Kate is just delusional or really believes she's not going to win, because unless ABC wants to kill this show for good and has it rigged for her to win, she won't. Not a chance. And the longer she lasts, the more bad press she and the show will get. They got almost everything right this year with the format, but this was a big :nono

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3850116;
    Please please please let this woman be the first to go. Let us choose who goes instead of who stays. I'm beggin ya.
    Between this woman and Rod Blagojevich on The Apprentice, there's certainly a large amount of scum popping up on Reality TV soon.

Ah hell, there's always scum on Reality TV. The main difference here being that these people were recruited specifically for pre-existing scummy reputations.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

So Kate is wanting to practice in PA even though she seems to be spending more time in NYC and in front of the camera to be close to her kids-but she still needs to get sitters for them? And why can't daddy Jon just take care of them? I love Tony, but he deserves better, so I'll have no problem ensuring he gets an early of an exit as possible. Kate is already crying the blues about wanting to win and that she's not getting a fair shake through the media and public opinion; I can only imagine her wail when she gets booted and realizes America doesn't love her and won't support her in her fake quest to say she's trying to support her kids financially. A lot of people are single parents with children, and while it's tough to cope, they make do with a regular job (sometimes two). But I'm sure that's beneath Kate. After all, she's gotta make sure she's there for the children.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-13-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3853635;
    So Kate is wanting to practice in PA even though she seems to be spending more time in NYC and in front of the camera to be close to her kids-but she still needs to get sitters for them? And why can't daddy Jon just take care of them? I love Tony, but he deserves better, so I'll have no problem ensuring he gets an early of an exit as possible. Kate is already crying the blues about wanting to win and that she's not getting a fair shake through the media and public opinion; I can only imagine her wail when she gets booted and realizes America doesn't love her and won't support her in her fake quest to say she's trying to support her kids financially. A lot of people are single parents with children, and while it's tough to cope, they make do with a regular job (sometimes two). But I'm sure that's beneath Kate. After all, she's gotta make sure she's there for the children.
    from what I read she refused to give Jon the extra custody of the children while she was on the show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3853617;
    Let the rallying cry begin, "A vote for Buzz is a vote against Kate"
    Ooooooo, I'm in!

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3850561;
    I really only know her by name and reputation, but I love Tony from everything I have seen of him on this show. If she goes first, so does he.
    Kate disgusts me. As much as I adore Tony, there is absolutely no way I will ever cast a vote for them.

+ Reply to Thread