+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Kate will benefit from this latest publicity (Jon suing for custody).
    Boo hoo he's trying to take the kids from their mother.
    ooohhh will Kate have to drop out of DWTS??!!
    (No, she will just get MORE votes)
    Her book tour starts up amid this new court battle
    Both Kate and Jon are in demand on the talkshow circuit, $$$$ roll in.

For those still asking "who is voting for Kate?", you have to understand that when Jon & Kate's marriage fell apart there was a very serious group of people that declared themselves "Team Kate." It is true that both sides had supporters, but Team Kate was known to be especially dedicated. Shirts were printed. They developed their following of Kate over years of watching the show and consider her to be a victim that must be supported. Jon's crazy actions after the divorce only magnified their support for Kate. I would be surprised if they are not the most dedicated fan base of all "stars" on the show.

Regarding Jon's legal ploy, that was 100% predicatable and probably the main reason that Kate had the dance studio installed in her basement. We mostly laughed and scoffed when she did this, but clearly her lawyers advised her that her appearance on DWTS would be something any agressive divorce attorney would try to take advantage of. (The suit seems to be laughable--how many other single parents are working the night shift or have a job with travel--but no one says they are ignoring their children.)

I just hope it doesn't encourage Team Kate to vote even more for her.

Oh my she has to go, she is completely awful at dancing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Someone else mentioned it way back in this thread, but do they not have any other option than for ABC to fork the bill in giving Kate yet another freebie? Just seemed like a big investment for someone as polarizing and less likely to last long as her. Do Kate's fans ever think about what she's going to do when she has no other media options left? What if a new show on TLC tanks? What if she can't find a job as a talk show host or correspondent? Do they and she think the only way to support 8 kids she brought into this world is parading them through the media to get a paycheck? It isn't so much the fact that Kate's being an absentee mom; it's the entire package and if anything that's become the smaller picture now (the kids shouldn't be, but where Kate is concerned, is anyone surprised?) I'm surprised Jon took this long to get his name back out in the spotlight. His former girlfriend/mistress has a new reality show coming out, Kate has DWTS and a book tour (and who's watching the kids then?), and Jon has nothing.

Jon won't win the suit but I do think there's a chance he's awarded more time with them which wouldn't be a bad thing if Kate is away a lot. I'm sure her lawyers insisted upon her dancing as much as she could at home. Smart move. I don't however think she is with them all that much even training at home. It seems she lost interest in the children some time ago and likes the spa, hair appointments, and attention more. I feel terrible for the children. Her new book is letters that she wrote to each child that she is having published for the public to read. Why not let something be private for these children? It's horrible. When is enough enough?

I think TLC is holding Jon to his contract as per part of his settlement with TLC. I don't know when it ends but I think that's why we haven't seen any direct interviews with him. I wish Kate was under the same restraint and we could get a break from both.

FORT Fogey

Jon's timing isn't good (as usual).

He won't win a custody based on Kate's participation on a single show. And, it will bring Kate's fans out enforce to keep her on the show.

I don't doubt that both parents love the kids, but they do it differently. I always enjoyed watching Jon with the kids. He is emotional with them, loves them, plays with them, laughs with them, and enjoys them.

Kate is more of a ruler. I never saw her emotionally connecting with the kids the Jon did/does.

I wish he had a shot at getting custody, but I doubt very much if it will happen.

Anyway, I want it all to end so I can enjoy the rest of the cast - the best one in a long time for my tastes. I said it before, but this whole Kate thing is very, very distracting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm sort of meh on the cast at this point but having Kate gone is like starting the season over. The problem with Jon, is after they seperated and the show ended, he didn't exactly show himself as a shining example of father of the year. Plus, the way his attorney talked about Kate to the media might not bode well for him, either. It's just another publicity ploy I'm sure. He and Kate will work something out. He's probably aiming for spousal support because he found out how much she's making on the show and is using the kids (as usual) as his decoy to what he really wants. Hopefully, with the new scoring this week and the DO returning one or the other will finally put an end to everyone's misery. If she gets through all of that still standing, nothing will stop her. I wonder if the DO was planned this season or if they figured they'd keep it on stand by just in case Kate or Buzz got a little too close to knocking out someone else (especially with Pamela ending up in the bottom 2 for the first elimination). I doubt the show wants her going anytime soon.

what's the DO?
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

I don't like Kate or the fact that she's on the show, but I admit to looking forward to the Kate&Tony package every week because I want to see Kate in all her awfulness and I want to see how Tony will deal. Curiosity. I don't vote and would not be sorry if she left, but there could be a lot of viewers who feel the same way and do vote. Maybe they don't particularly like any of the couples, but they want to enjoy their train wreck for a while longer.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3872748;
    what's the DO?
    Dance Off.

+ Reply to Thread