+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Last edited by Love_Me; 04-07-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3872265;
    I don't mind that Kate is a bad dancer. My problem with her dancing is the same as with her mothering: it's joyless. I've seen her show, and I do think she works hard as a mother and cares about it. But she's just so controlling and humorless. YMMV.
    You hit the nail on the head. Joyless.... compare her as a mother to someone like Michele Duggar who smiles her joy at marriage and parenthood. Now with the dancing, she doesn't look likes he is enjoying it. In the past there have been some stinker performances on this show, but everyone looked like they were having fun!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

I'm so amused.

Compare the two pictures.

Compare them like when you go to the eye doctor. "Here's 1... and here's 2. 1... 2... 1 again... 2."

Big difference!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Given Kate's general attitude and disgust over the negativity of the process makes me think she either doesn't care or is really that unaware of how she's coming across. I think it's both.

I never watched their reality show, but here is my problem with any reality TV person coming on the show:

The show is called Dancing with the Stars. While celebrities from other walks of life (sports, politics) also appear, it's fine because they are already polished public figures who have achieved something exceptional in their careers. Kate (as well as anyone from Bachelor, Real World, etc.) have done nothing exceptional in a professional capacity, besides being followed around by a camera while they pretend to live their lives. They are not stars. They have no business being on the show.

I wish the producers would get the courage to make this distinction, but unfortunately, the internet plays too much of a role in the show's success. And it's always a risky proposition to leave your fate in the hands of an insane mob.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I hope DWTS takes a break from TB people next season. Enough of the crossover.

Kate has no self awareness. I don't think she gives a crap about the show other than a paycheck. She has no pride and takes no accountability for anything. People leave her, people quit on her, family doesn't want to be around her, friends don't stick around. If she had any self awareness she would see the common denominator in all of this is her.

MF,

I hear what you're saying, but this show is notorious for getting "stars" who's lights dimmed a long, long time ago, never were on full wattage, and / or, etc.

This is an entertainment show that pays the network through ad revenue.
    Most audience viewers are not that familiar with the majority of "stars" that have been on the show through the years.
    But, they are familiar with the Kim Kardashians and the Kate Gosselins because they're bombarded by them at the siupermarket in the tabloids, on the TV, on the Internet, etc. These people create "buzz" whether we like it or not. And, they bring in the ratings, like it or not.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I know. It's one of the reasons I still drink.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread