+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Jimmy Fallon was spot on. That was hysterical.

People keeping her on to humiliate her should stop. It's enough now. The others are all betters and they've already helped to take out Shannon and Buzz. The backlash will be brutal this week if she stays again. The 2 scores should hurt her as her technique and performance are equally bad. The judges need to score her fairly and not pump them up again.

I wonder what dance she is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3872101;
    Yep - all the factors you mentioned are clearly coming into play. I mean come ON - she was not even in the bottom 2! Ridiculous.

By the way, I saw Brooke Burke on Jimmy Kimmel the other night and was surprised to hear her say she was pulling for Kate . . .she's a mom . . .blah blah blah. Apparently Brooke is drinking the Kate Kool-Aid, too.
    I'm sick of the "she's a mom..." crap.
    So's Pam. By Kate's definition Pam's also a single parent yet you don't hear her bleating on about it.
    The difference is Kate's only a mom, famous for nothing else and apparently without any measurable talent.

I find it quite insulting to people who are genuinely trying to raise children alone and work fulltime jobs that Kate deems herself a single parent.
    She has an ex who, imo, is not only better with the kids than she is, but who pays exorbitant child support and is willing to look after the children more often.

The judges need to get as honest with their scores as they have been with their critiques.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I really think she is going home on Tuesday. If this show wants to retain any credibility at all they will have to send her packing. A dancer she is not, obviously. She really is not improving....I actually don't think that is at all possible.

I also find it interesting that she is starting yet another book tour on Tuesday of next week. How can she do a book tour, practice her dance steps, and don't forget....take care of EIGHT children! Something's got to give...and it will be this show.

I was so hoping she would fail....and she has. I had wished that she broke an ankle or something and had to leave that way, but I don't see that happening.

Let's put the cow out of her (and our) misery. Hopefully the two-score system will be her downfall.

Of course, if she does in fact get the boot on Tuesday, that opens up another question.....was this the plan all along....to keep her in until the book tour began?

ETA: About Jon being there for the children....I heard that it was the SUPER mom (not!) who would not allow him to be with the kids while she was doing this stint on DWTS. She would not modify the time he has with the kids to allow him to be with the kids while she was out in LA. So she would rather the kids be taken care of by the nannies rather than their father. Nice!
    Last edited by MamaC; 04-07-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Why is a dance that is described as terrible, odd, and hard to watch a 5? Isn't a 5/10 an average score? When does terrible equal average?

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3872177;
    The judges need to get as honest with their scores as they have been with their critiques.
    agreed - len admitted last night he should've scored Erin a 6 instead of a 7 and he did score Nicole a 6 and yet he scores kate a 5?? Are we that gullible and stupid? I dont' think so......
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3872181;
    I really think she is going home on Tuesday. If this show wants to retain any credibility at all they will have to send her packing. A dancer she is not, obviously. She really is not improving....I actually don't think that is at all possible.

I also find it interesting that she is starting yet another book tour on Tuesday of next week. How can she do a book tour, practice her dance steps, and don't forget....take care of EIGHT children! Something's got to give...and it will be this show.

I was so hoping she would fail....and she has. I had wished that she broke an ankle or something and had to leave that way, but I don't see that happening.

Let's put the cow out of her (and our) misery. Hopefully the two-score system will be her downfall.

Of course, if she does in fact get the boot on Tuesday, that opens up another question.....was this the plan all along....to keep her in until the book tour began?

ETA: About Jon being there for the children....I heard that it was the SUPER mom (not!) who would not allow him to be with the kids while she was doing this stint on DWTS. She would not modify the time he has with the kids to allow him to be with the kids while she was out in LA. So she would rather the kids be taken care of by the nannies rather than their father. Nice!
    Sure something has to give and it certainly will not be the show. It will undoubtedly be the children who will suffer.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3872181;

The problem with Kate supporters is they seem to fall back on the angle that she's only getting criticism because she's doing the show and has kids, and their excuse is she's a single mom with 8 kids to provide for. Yet I doubt most single moms has a huge house that was given to them with tons of land, a luxury car, get a free dance studio built in their home on top of all other freebies she's gotten. Not to mention a paycheck that makes it laughable she's really struggling to provide for her children. And she's earned it only because of them. Not because of her. I had heard the same thing about Jon, and of course Kate dodges questions about hiring nannies to care for the kids and not letting him take care of them while she's gone.

If Kate gets the boot Tuesday, which is long overdue, I agree it'll be weird that it comes the same day as her book tour but who cares, as long as she's gone. Maybe the show guaranteed her this far so she could get them the publicity and drum up ratings, she could put herself back in the spotlight and pimp her book out on all her exit DWTS interviews. If she lasts beyond this week, I know the show will come last on her list of priorities. Maybe that's why Tony is acting so happy, he's almost free!

I don't really have a problem with Kate on this show. I do agree, though, that she's a polarizing contestant who does generate buzz.
    She's got 45 pages in here so far!!
    Rest assured, she's not going to be on the show all that long.
    And, yes, she's a very bad dancer.

But, I do think her casting this season has added a much needed boost to the show. Kind of like putting Blago on CA.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think they wanted to be able to justify a new show for her by saying DWTS ratings went up x% when she was on.

FORT Fogey

Permit me to add my voice to the chorus of fans who feel she does not belong on the show any longer....if indeed she ever did. It is painful to watch Tony Dovolani fake a smile and happiness when she was spared for yet another week last night. It was almost cruel to pair them together. He is so professional; she is not under any circumstances.

If she stays past next week, I will have lost all faith in the "reality" of this show.
    Just my humble opinion.

+ Reply to Thread