+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

That was priceless, Brit! Jimmy did better than Kate, though he nailed the facial expressions.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

The people who are power voting for Kate are going to keep her on as long as they can no matter how horrible she is. It’s time for the judges to bring out the 3, 2, and 1 paddles.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3872054;
    That was hilarious, especially the ending. Didn't someone say the elimination can come down to a few hundred votes? Kate has 90 votes in her household between her and her kids. Wondering if the same demographic watching the The Bachelor, former JK+8, and DWTS are splitting votes between Jake and Kate, not really helping either of them. Also commending Tony for working her personal story and expressions into the dance. They did their best.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3871991;
    Can someone explain to me why she's still there, and how she can be safe, rather than in the bottom two? I haven't paid attention to the whole Gosslin nightmare, other than reading some articles or skipping through their thread here on FORT, so I have no opinions of her as a person. However, IMO she should have been the first one out, she has no talent, its horrible to have to watch her massacre a dance.

She may be no worse than a few others that have been on the show, however, most of the contestants always take it seriously, and have fun. She could care less about being judged. I really do not enjoy watching her dance.
    I watched the show for a couple of months, until I saw something that I thought was disturbing and went on-line to see if anyone else was bothered by it. What I found is that Kate is very polarizing and controversial. She has got a hugh following with die-hard fans among a particular demographic.

Kate has 90 votes in her household between her and her kids.
    At least 90 phone votes, plus 90 text msgs, then who knows how many online votes (people can register under several different names). But that's not keeping her in. There HAS to be some power voting from "fans".

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3872097;
    At least 90 phone votes, plus 90 text msgs, then who knows how many online votes (people can register under several different names). But that's not keeping her in. There HAS to be some power voting from "fans".
    True enough. But, if it really comes down to a couple hundred votes separating two contestants, you've just ID'd 180+ votes right there!

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3872070;
    The people who are power voting for Kate are going to keep her on as long as they can no matter how horrible she is. It’s time for the judges to bring out the 3, 2, and 1 paddles.
    I do fear that we are about to revisit a Master P situation. Between her "fans" and the people who will vote for her to either mess with the show or to laugh at her while she suffers through her routine, I agree that her viewer votes will not diminish no matter what she does. To get her off the show, when the producers decide the backlash has become too great and ratings and reputation may suffer, they will have the judges pull out the 2 and 3 paddles. When her score is less than half her nearest competitor, even her "fans" may not be able to save her. Please let it be next week!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3872099;
    I do fear that we are about to revisit a Master P situation. Between her "fans" and the people who will vote for her to either mess with the show or to laugh at her while she suffers through her routine, I agree that her viewer votes will not diminish no matter what she does. To get her off the show, when the producers decide the backlash has become too great and ratings and reputation may suffer, they will have the judges pull out the 2 and 3 paddles. When her score is less than half her nearest competitor, even her "fans" may not be able to save her. Please let it be next week!
    Yep - all the factors you mentioned are clearly coming into play. I mean come ON - she was not even in the bottom 2! Ridiculous.

By the way, I saw Brooke Burke on Jimmy Kimmel the other night and was surprised to hear her say she was pulling for Kate . . .she's a mom . . .blah blah blah. Apparently Brooke is drinking the Kate Kool-Aid, too.
    Last edited by tango7; 04-07-2010 at 01:02 PM.

FORT Regular

Fallon's hilarious rendition of Kate Gosselin's Paso yesterday was amazing!

I was sent on the floor! Touché, Jimmy! Tou-freaking-ché!

FORT Fanatic

Thanks for posting the Jimmy Fallon link. That is hilarious and so spot on.

+ Reply to Thread