+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3871430;
    I'm sure the money (which is substantial) was a big motivation for Kate to go on the show. She did get those free new $7500 hair extensions! She's just delusional enough to think there'll be an outcry across America that will further her show-biz "career." Maybe Chick-Fil-A can use her as a cow in in one its commercials.
    So the Dancing Gods got overpowers by the Dancing Demons and she lives to dance another week. I'll be curious to see how she handles the new criteria and steps up her game next week (who am I kidding). I think Kate must have been told by the producers after the first results were announced that she had that nasty scowl on her face so she might want to try something different and smile. Her week better be next week, because everyone else is so much better than her. I can't even believe Tony wouldn't be even more embarrassed if she continued on while other couples went home. Her dancing is a nightmare. I notice she keeps harping on how everyone's opinions about her leaving her kids and she needs to support them, but she's missing the bigger picture and it's gone beyond that now. I don't even think anyone but her, Jon, and his lawyer are bringing up the absentee mother angle.

Next week's dances are the tango and rumba. Each one is cringeworthy and I think she's going to fall short on both sides of the scoring because she couldn't even get there this week with her story and one set of scores. Her doing the sexy romantic rumba with Tony is On the other hand, maybe it has more potential for disaster but Tony could always make her stand there and dance around her. It's what he's been doing anyway. The tango and being in the hold might benefit her a little more. Either way, hopefully it's adios Kate next week.

I wasn't even remotely surprised she stayed this week. If she stays next week over any of the others the backlash will be ugly. I know she has a book tour coming up so hopefully this week is it for her. The 2 scores should also hurt her because she can't dance nor can she perform. There's just nothing there. Rumba she could basically pose but that's not dancing. She also has no sex appeal. The Tango will be more stomping with a sour face which isn't passionate either. She needs to go. The judges also can't be helping her with a 15 when it should be a 9. That's just wrong and they've done it several times now.

Her PR team made a big mistake putting her on this show. Her antics and attitude have now been seen by millions and many of them didn't know her from her TLC show.
    I didn't see the Kate and Jon show (whatever that was). They were all over the news for months and months. What have either done to earn such publicity???? What is their talent? They seem to be news worthy but I still can't figure out why. According to what I've read they don't sing, can't act or dance, only claim to fame was being on some weird reality show Just exactly why are they so popular?????? Only thing I can figure out is everyone hates them, so, that makes them news worthy and brings in the bucks. Strange!!!! On DWTS, she is no worse than a few others I've seen on the show through the years. Yet, everyone hates her......go figure!

Can someone explain to me why she's still there, and how she can be safe, rather than in the bottom two? I haven't paid attention to the whole Gosslin nightmare, other than reading some articles or skipping through their thread here on FORT, so I have no opinions of her as a person. However, IMO she should have been the first one out, she has no talent, its horrible to have to watch her massacre a dance.

She may be no worse than a few others that have been on the show, however, most of the contestants always take it seriously, and have fun. She could care less about being judged. I really do not enjoy watching her dance.

GA- kate has a huge following, I don't know why - I've never watched the show, but since the divorce both she and Jon have shown themselves to be big douchebags - add to that the number of folks that hate her just as much and there is a huge internet thing right now that folks are voting to keep her in order to torture and humiliate her by making her dance week after week. I hope they stop.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3871422;
    The money seems to be the only reason she's doing the show. Check out this TMZ quote:

So the fact that she's humiliating herself and damaging her future earnings potential doesn't seem to phase her. The pay must be pretty good on this show.

Two seasons ago each star received a base rate of $200,000 no matter if they left first or at F4 - there are bonuses of 25,000, 50,000 and 100,000 for the F3, F2, F1. I dont' know if this rate has changed, but I'd guess if anything it might be more.

Unfortunately our resident legal guy is no longer with us and he's the one who dug the base rate figure a couple seasons ago.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Thanks anders332 I'm so nieve, I didn't know that.

FORT Fogey

For some reason, $200k doesn't seem like a lot. Although, I suppose we are talking about b-listers (and some cases, e.g. Kate and Jake, z-listers).

Anyway, I think I've turned a corner where Kate (& Jon) are concerned. I really want to enjoy the rest of the show and it hit me last night that I'm just burnt on Kate. I hope she goes away, but I'm focusing on those the others.

Go Evan!

Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Wow.

LOTS of spadework in last night's Results Show to try and persuade us that Everyone Loves Kate. People texting, hugging, singing "We Are Family", etc. They really laid it on thick.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3872029;
    GA- kate has a huge following, I don't know why
    It's simple in a way.

Both in reality TV, and increasingly in "real life", we're a society forced to create dichotomies. There's something basic which has crept into our makeup which demands a "good guy" and a "bad guy" and often refuses the notion that all too often, its all bad (or at least features heavy shades of gray, all around).

So some can only wrap their minds around Kate as The Scorned Wife. The Cheated Upon. The One With The Scumball Husband. That tosses her into this emotional basket where the notion that maybe this was a PAIR of equally crappy people kind of flies out the window.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-07-2010 at 11:30 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread