+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

karalott, or anyone - do we know yet who will be doing what dance? (Sorry if I mised it, been busy, just now catching up). Thanks in advance.

Kate will be doing a jive tonight. Whoever did the waltz last week will do the jive tonight, the ones who did the cha cha get the fox trot.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

anders332 - Thanks!
    OMG - Kate doing the JIVE??

Either a total disaster or a total surprise. I'm betting on disaster.

my bet is on disaster - I want her to fall off her heals and break her neck.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3865256;
    anders332 - Thanks!
    OMG - Kate doing the JIVE??

Either a total disaster or a total surprise. I'm betting on disaster.
    I'm hoping and betting on disaster. Unless Tony is able to choreograph something like he did for Sara Evans. Kate could screw that up but not as bad if they had a really fast paced song. I'm more afraid if she's anywhere near decent that she might be around awhile.

I'm more worried the judges will go soft on her. A lot of 'good job Kate!' instead of 'you look like a shopping cart'. Just to boost her ego and try and give her a better image.

I'm more worried the judges will go soft on her.
    hmmm. This could happen even if she is not-so-good or even marginal.

I recall a couple I'm related to took dance lessons because they wanted to surprise everyone at a large family party (they have very reserved personalities). They did the jive and later told me it was SO difficult, but they pulled it off and got a huge ovation.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=karalott;3865268
    I'm more worried the judges will go soft on her. A lot of 'good job Kate!' instead of 'you look like a shopping cart'. Just to boost her ego and try and give her a better image.[/QUOTE]

So what? Voters generally vote how they want to. "Shopping cart" was pretty harsh anyway.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3865346;
    So what? Voters generally vote how they want to. "Shopping cart" was pretty harsh anyway.
    If it was anyone but Kate being compared to a shopping cart, I doubt anyone would have noticed. That's the only comment people are picking up on in terms of what the judges said to her. They all said her dance was a mess. And maybe because they've said worse things to other couples in the past, maybe that's why I think being compared to a shopping cart isn't that bad.

Back when Cloris Leachman was on the show, the judges overscored her and never really gave her much criticism and just laughed it off and pointed out how entertaining she was. However, when Toni Braxton got voted off ahead of Cloris, I remember CA saying "we lost Toni for this" after one of Cloris's performances. So it's why I don't think the judges should go soft and then act shocked when worse dancers outlast better dancers. Kate's going to get people sympathetic to her and those who want to watch her trainwreck every week voting for her. If the judges go soft with their comments and scores, they shouldn't get upset if she outlasts everyone not named Buzz Aldrin (who is a worse dancer, but I still hope he outlasts her).

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3865346;
    It's only harsh if Kate is regarded differently from any other celebrity. When Bruno makes up his critiques, he usually finds some pun that goes with whatever the celebrity is known for. Kate's problem is, she's only known for giving birth and raising kids. Bruno made the same joke he would make to any other celeb with what he had to work with.

I thought it was a little ballsy of him, but it shows just how much Kate has to suck it up and have a sense of humor about the proceedings, just like everyone else there. Playing the sympathy card may get her votes, but it won't get her past the judges, who only care how she dances, period. She's probably not willing to accept this, which means that she is in over her head.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Expecting an overscored KHate tonight.
    Think about it, DWTS paid to put a studio in her basement. They have an investment in her. Plus, as we have seen with reality shows in the past, the more a contestant gets people talking, the better they like it. Even if the talk is negative, to a point.
    I'm wishing she'd go home (like I can't even express...) but expecting she'll stay around.
    This leaves me wondering who will go home.

+ Reply to Thread