+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Does anyone know when the finale is? It isn't close to Mother's Day is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3864478;
    Does anyone know when the finale is? It isn't close to Mother's Day is it?
    "The Bachelorette," which will feature recent "Bachelor" castoff Ali Fedotowsky seeking televised romance, will kick off at 9 p.m. ET Monday, May 24, following the final performance show of "Dancing with the Stars." It moves to 8 o'clock on May 31, where it will lead into "True Beauty" at 10.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3864030;
    You'll have to explain that logic a bit, BTW. Just because someone's "known" for something, that doesn't act as a defense of it. Joseph Jackson, for example, was known for shoving his kids into show biz and living off their labor (plus beating the crap out of a few of them). Does that excuse him being that way? Dina Lohan is again, known for pushing her kids into show biz, messing their lives up, and using it as an opportunity to party like a teenager herself and enrich her own life. How is Kate Gosselin significantly different than this? The fact that her kids aren't actors or singers doesn't change the basic premise. She's raising them in what most people would think of as an inherently unhealthy environment.

Also, people who watch her original show say that she often acts like a total witch on it. Assuming they aren't fudging, wouldn't that be a decent basis for some people to dislike her going into this other reality show?

To me, it seems like some of the "support" for her is really just reactions to "she got cheated on". As if that automatically means she must be a good person. Well, that might be true if she was Sandra Bullock, but... she ain't. Icky people get cheated on just as often as good ones.
    I guess I haven't seen enough of her on TV to bash her. I'll reserve judgement at this point, and just observe what I see from here on.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3864566;
    "The Bachelorette," which will feature recent "Bachelor" castoff Ali Fedotowsky seeking televised romance, will kick off at 9 p.m. ET Monday, May 24, following the final performance show of "Dancing with the Stars." It moves to 8 o'clock on May 31, where it will lead into "True Beauty" at 10.
    They're actually bringing that show back?

Tony's latest tweets:
    From Kate: My head is spinning with thoughts of Jive. Hope my feet can keep up lol loving the fast pace looking forward to doing well on mon
    Driton Dovolani (TonyDovolani) on Twitter

I also have to say that if she had something "done," I personally wouldn't condemn her for it except as it relates to her overall narcissism and her being a "poor (now) single mom just trying to support her kids." (bring out the tissues...)
    I think Krom hit the nail on the head the angle and maybe even belief that Kate supporters hold. They're defending her for doing the show, bringing up other instances of celebs who've done the show with children and who had to leave them for long peroids of time to commit to the process. Their defense is, Kate needs to do the show to provide for her kids. What's wrong with that? It is ignoring everything else about that woman that made her such the polarizing and, dare I say it, unlikeable media figure she has become. When you have a women who, for the past however many years has gotten a free everything and who didn't have to work because TLC paid her bills, and who is now getting a free dance studio built in her home, child care paid for by ABC, who is getting $21,000 worth of free hair extensions that many actually said looked like her kids pasted on her head, who, if she really cared about spending and being there for her children, wouldn't be hitting the red carpet for movie premieres and taking off to NY to do The View. It's like, there's the Kate where she wants to create the false image that she's all about her kids, can't support them any other way but show business, and is at home, with them every waking moment. And then there's the tabloid Kate, and we've seen enough of her mishaps to know they aren't completely fabricating the diva, the women who is fame and money hungry and who wouldn't make it without her kids. I respect Tony a lot and can't say I'd expect him to say anything but nice things about Kate. However, one quote he had goes along with the false impression that they're trying to create for Kate-he says she should be admired by moms for being a mom of 8, now single and working mom. Sorry, but that's like saying Angelina Jolie should be admired for being a working mom. A little different than Ms. Single Mom, Middle of Nowhere, USA.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-28-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3864333;
    Here's something random for a laugh. This is from David Hiltbrand, an entertainment columnist at The Philadelphia Inquirer, writing about DWTS:

". . . Was I imagining it, or were Gosselin and Pamela Anderson acting awfully chummy? Put those two together as roommates and you have the makings of a glorious reality show. They'd be the greatest man-eaters in captivity. Pam could lure the guys in, and Kate could drive them away."
    I hope that David Hiltbrand is just trying to be funny and setup his joke, because if he actually thought they looked like "chums", he'd be just plain dimwitted. Anyone with even a slight exposure to the show has to realize that those little "scenes" they play going into and out of the commercials are scripted. Pammy and Kate chummed up for the camera, because a director said "Pam! Kate! Stand together for a two shot, and do x, y, and z..."

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3864625;

Tony's latest tweets:

I think Krom hit the nail on the head the angle and maybe even belief that Kate supporters hold. They're defending her for doing the show, bringing up other instances of celebs who've done the show with children and who had to leave them for long peroids of time to commit to the process. Their defense is, Kate needs to do the show to provide for her kids. What's wrong with that? It is ignoring everything else about that woman that made her such the polarizing and, dare I say it, unlikeable media figure she has become. When you have a women who, for the past however many years has gotten a free everything and who didn't have to work because TLC paid her bills, and who is now getting a free dance studio built in her home, child care paid for by ABC, who is getting $21,000 worth of free hair extensions that many actually said looked like her kids pasted on her head, who, if she really cared about spending and being there for her children, wouldn't be hitting the red carpet for movie premieres and taking off to NY to do The View. It's like, there's the Kate where she wants to create the false image that she's all about her kids, can't support them any other way but show business, and is at home, with them every waking moment. And then there's the tabloid Kate, and we've seen enough of her mishaps to know they aren't completely fabricating the diva, the women who is fame and money hungry and who wouldn't make it without her kids. I respect Tony a lot and can't say I'd expect him to say anything but nice things about Kate. However, one quote he had goes along with the false impression that they're trying to create for Kate-he says she should be admired by moms for being a mom of 8, now single and working mom. Sorry, but that's like saying Angelina Jolie should be admired for being a working mom. A little different than Ms. Single Mom, Middle of Nowhere, USA.

I don't begrudge Kate her luck and money, though. A lot of undeserving people land with their bums in the butter, so to speak. Angelina Jolie makes millions because she happened to be born beautiful. What I don't like about Kate is her wenchiness. But I don't know her, so I won't assume that's all there is to her.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3864625;

Tony's latest tweets:

who, if she really cared about spending and being there for her children, wouldn't be hitting the red carpet for movie premieres and taking off to NY to do The View. It's like, there's the Kate where she wants to create the false image that she's all about her kids, can't support them any other way but show business, and is at home, with them every waking moment. And then there's the tabloid Kate, and we've seen enough of her mishaps to know they aren't completely fabricating the diva, the women who is fame and money hungry and who wouldn't make it without her kids. I respect Tony a lot and can't say I'd expect him to say anything but nice things about Kate. However, one quote he had goes along with the false impression that they're trying to create for Kate-he says she should be admired by moms for being a mom of 8, now single and working mom. Sorry, but that's like saying Angelina Jolie should be admired for being a working mom. A little different than Ms. Single Mom, Middle of Nowhere, USA.
    ITA with you about all the freebies and that she is not the typical middle of America single mom that she tries to portray herself to be. However, at this point exploiting herself is the only way the money is going to keep coming in (I don't know how much they already have). Where she lives she would NEVER find a job that makes enough to support 8 kids. She would be lucky to find any job at all. She should stick with writing books I guess as long as their are people out there willing to buy them.

Hi Noobslueth.

It Kate was only exploiting herself, there would be no criticism. Sadly, she is exploiting her children and will continue to do so as long as she is being paid. No one has to worry about her having money to support her children. She and Jon are still under contract with TLC, and TLC subsidizes her life. Jon has also been court-ordered to pay her $10,000 per month. I guarantee you that if he wasn't paying up, she would be screaming about it from the highest peaks. So she can cry poor all she wants, but it is a tad disingenous for her to wail that she can't afford to give her children milk (organic milk is too expensive), but she is photographed all the time carrying her requisite Starbucks coffee, going to the tanning salon, having her nails done, etc.

As far as her books, she is earning a lot of money from her contract with the publisher, Zondervan. But Kate didn't write the books. The first was written by Beth Carson, who has stated "they lived it, I wrote about it." I believe the second was a mere scrapbook with biblical quotes, and the third was some kind of recipe book that was only released overseas. Her latest book, coming out in April, is supposedly letters to her children (another nice way to exploit their privacy).

If Kate was relying only on herself to succeed or fail with this DWTS gig, I would have no problem with it (well, OK, I would still not watch because she is reprehensible to me). But she continues to play the "mom" card for sympathy. There were reports that the children were seen at the Philly airport with the nannies on Saturday, after Kate had left for LA already. If true, will they appear tomorrow night in the audience? I read on another blog that Billy Bush from some entertainment show gifted Kate with dancing shoes for the children. Will there be some cutesy footage of the kids dancing while she is trying to rehearse? We shall see tomorrow.

Since I am staging a personal shunning of Kate on any TV show, I hope some of the folks who are going to watch will post updates here tomorrow night. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3864922;
    Hi Noobslueth.

It Kate was only exploiting herself, there would be no criticism. Sadly, she is exploiting her children and will continue to do so as long as she is being paid. No one has to worry about her having money to support her children. She and Jon are still under contract with TLC, and TLC subsidizes her life. Jon has also been court-ordered to pay her $10,000 per month. I guarantee you that if he wasn't paying up, she would be screaming about it from the highest peaks. So she can cry poor all she wants, but it is a tad disingenous for her to wail that she can't afford to give her children milk (organic milk is too expensive), but she is photographed all the time carrying her requisite Starbucks coffee, going to the tanning salon, having her nails done, etc.

As far as her books, she is earning a lot of money from her contract with the publisher, Zondervan. But Kate didn't write the books. The first was written by Beth Carson, who has stated "they lived it, I wrote about it." I believe the second was a mere scrapbook with biblical quotes, and the third was some kind of recipe book that was only released overseas. Her latest book, coming out in April, is supposedly letters to her children (another nice way to exploit their privacy).

If Kate was relying only on herself to succeed or fail with this DWTS gig, I would have no problem with it (well, OK, I would still not watch because she is reprehensible to me). But she continues to play the "mom" card for sympathy. There were reports that the children were seen at the Philly airport with the nannies on Saturday, after Kate had left for LA already. If true, will they appear tomorrow night in the audience? I read on another blog that Billy Bush from some entertainment show gifted Kate with dancing shoes for the children. Will there be some cutesy footage of the kids dancing while she is trying to rehearse? We shall see tomorrow.

Since I am staging a personal shunning of Kate on any TV show, I hope some of the folks who are going to watch will post updates here tomorrow night. Thanks.
    I'm right there with you, mushy. I posted that I am done with Kate, and that includes posting about her. I voted against her without watching the show, even though her partner is my lovely Tony. I didn't watch her segment last week (or hardly any of the show yet). But I may, just because of Tony, although I'm not sure that I can stomach it. I made an exception about posting due to your post.

Please get Kate off of TV completely.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I expect the kids to be front and center. Maybe not in the audience, but most definitely in the rehearsal package. She's already said she's going to use them if all else fails. She's got no talent and admits it but thinks by parading her kids around she should deserve to stay. So once again, Kate can't do it on her own and needs to ride her kids backs (and of course, if they are seen in the audience people are going to be asking why they aren't in school). Even if Kate's dance is horrid, and I'm actually more afraid it'll border on being somewhat decent vs being a total trainwreck (definitely looking more forward to the latter). Tony mentioned in some interview that the kids were watching him and Kate's performances and putting on their own little shows for them. This was before last week's premiere, but point remains, if they got it on camera, it doesn't matter when it was. I have to think, though, would Kate's kids really prove any sort of edge for her anymore? Kate is a draw for ABC, though eventually, if she lasts, I feel that'll get old. And it goes back to, are people tuning in to cheer her on or tuning in to watch her completely fail, and to mock her when she does the obvious; plays the 'woe is me' mom card with her kids while news reports show her the next day leaving the salon with a new 'do and nails. I don't think it matters to people that she may or may not be paying for it (most likely not). Everyone's expecting her to use them, and it's not like she can shock the world with having her 8 kids show up.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-29-2010 at 02:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread