+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Kate wasn't as bad as some are making her out. I don't understand all this hate toward her. As for bringing up her children on the show,,, well, isn't that what she is known for? She should get another chance.

Kind of like the media loves to hate her and anything positive is damage control.

Up until this DWTS stint, it has actually been quite the contrary as far as media coverage of Kate. There have been some critical pieces here and there, but TLC had done a magnificent job making sure that tabloid outlets like People Magazine (yes they have sunk to tabloid status) and Radar Online printed only positive stories about her. But the positive information always came from "unnamed sources." Well, if someone is saying something positive about someone, what is the problem with being identified?

In every interview she has given, even with supposedly real "journalists" such as Natalie Morales, Larry King, Meredith Viera, and Barbara Walters, along with the interviews leading up to DWTS, only softball questions have been asked of her. No one pressed her on the child exploitation issue, which is the main issue for me. And no one has ever called her out on her playing fast and loose with facts (ok, lying). I find the stories from her old neighbors, the family and friends she has discarded, and people who have met or interacted with her much more believable.

TLC/Discovery also keeps a very close tab on all the negative blog comments about the mother of their little cash cows. When criticisms like "Kate never plays with her kids," appear, suddenly the very next day there are pap pictures of Kate "playing with her kids." Granted, the last photos showed her "playing" with them while carrying her purse, but hey, doesn't every mom hold her purse while playing with the kids?

Now that TLC has allowed Kate to venture off to DWTS land, they cannot keep all the negative stories in check. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Krom is right when he said that many people who have not seen her in action on her show will fall for her pity act to help her children. It's a shame that many people will buy the image of her as a great mom because they have never seen her whining about, mocking, berating, scolding, ignoring, threatening, hitting and screaming at her kids. The folks who have seen that behavior but still think she is a great mom must have serious issues of their own. And those who compare Kate to other moms who have competed on DWTS don't seem to understand that none of those other moms has ever used their kids as a means to gain sympathy and votes.

Kate will not win DWTS, but she may stick around for several weeks. I just hope they don't schlep those poor kids out to LA to get more sympathy votes for her. They are far better off out of camera range at home with the 5 nannies who are tasked with trying to give them some order and stability in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3864004;
    Kate wasn't as bad as some are making her out. I don't understand all this hate toward her. As for bringing up her children on the show,,, well, isn't that what she is known for? She should get another chance.
    You'll have to explain that logic a bit, BTW. Just because someone's "known" for something, that doesn't act as a defense of it. Joseph Jackson, for example, was known for shoving his kids into show biz and living off their labor (plus beating the crap out of a few of them). Does that excuse him being that way? Dina Lohan is again, known for pushing her kids into show biz, messing their lives up, and using it as an opportunity to party like a teenager herself and enrich her own life. How is Kate Gosselin significantly different than this? The fact that her kids aren't actors or singers doesn't change the basic premise. She's raising them in what most people would think of as an inherently unhealthy environment.

Also, people who watch her original show say that she often acts like a total witch on it. Assuming they aren't fudging, wouldn't that be a decent basis for some people to dislike her going into this other reality show?

To me, it seems like some of the "support" for her is really just reactions to "she got cheated on". As if that automatically means she must be a good person. Well, that might be true if she was Sandra Bullock, but... she ain't. Icky people get cheated on just as often as good ones.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3864030;
    You'll have to explain that logic a bit, BTW. Just because someone's "known" for something, that doesn't act as a defense of it. Joseph Jackson, for example, was known for shoving his kids into show biz and living off their labor (plus beating the crap out of a few of them). Does that excuse him being that way? Dina Lohan is again, known for pushing her kids into show biz, messing their lives up, and using it as an opportunity to party like a teenager herself and enrich her own life. How is Kate Gosselin significantly different than this? The fact that her kids aren't actors or singers doesn't change the basic premise. She's raising them in what most people would think of as an inherently unhealthy environment.

Also, people who watch her original show say that she often acts like a total witch on it. Assuming they aren't fudging, wouldn't that be a decent basis for some people to dislike her going into this other reality show?

To me, it seems like some of the "support" for her is really just reactions to "she got cheated on". As if that automatically means she must be a good person. Well, that might be true if she was Sandra Bullock, but... she ain't. Icky people get cheated on just as often as good ones.
    ITA Krom....I had only watch her show a couple of times -- it was during a marathon weekend. My only reaction to her was..what a real bee-otch...she was so condescending to her husband. Listen I'm not qualified to judge who was right Jon vs Kate, but what I did see was that she never let the man speak.

Hey Im a registered nurse, and love my job....we do get paid decent money and a sense of gratitude. Her fame definitely came at the expense of exploiting her children.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3864058;
    ITA Krom....I had only watch her show a couple of times -- it was during a marathon weekend. My only reaction to her was..what a real bee-otch...she was so condescending to her husband. Listen I'm not qualified to judge who was right Jon vs Kate, but what I did see was that she never let the man speak.

Hey Im a registered nurse, and love my job....we do get paid decent money and a sense of gratitude. Her fame definitely came at the expense of exploiting her children.
    Families out there of all sizes and incomes struggle. So I get tired of the argument "Kate needs to support her kids and can't do it on a regular salary". So I guess she's the only mom of 8 kids, except for the Duggar family in Arkansas and the octomom (who really isn't an octomom, she's got 14 kids). With that huge house and 8 kids and the way Kate and her troops portray herself you'd think she's flat broke, but is she counting on big appearance and interview fees when her elimination happens? Because if all she's going to have is her DWTS pay out, it's not like it'll last her forever. And if she can't find a career in show business then what? I can't believe a TLC show around her would fly. I, unfortuantely, don't think Kate is going home next week. ABC has too much riding on her and like she rides the backs of her kids to get paid and freebies, they're now riding the back of her to gain publicity and ratings for the show. They don't care if it's all bad for her, but eventually people will turn away and move on. Maybe that FOX article, if true, is showing she's finally getting a clue, but then she has to go and pull the mom card. I really hope if she does that, Pamela or Niecy make a comment about their kids. I doubt they will, but I'd love it if someone says they don't need to parade their kids around to get people to vote for them even though they stink (which those 2 don't).

Some excellent recent posts. Many of them said things I've wanted to say but have been reluctant not knowing how far we can go with the mods on the topic.
    One thing about Khate "playing the mom card," I personally don't have a problem with people showing their kids at some point during the season - or talking about them. Most celebs do at some point if they stick around and it can be an entertaining little snippet in the show. The thing is, they're famous for other things and their kids are just another dimension to their lives. Khate lives her life being paid to be the mom of 8 kids. In my opinion, she acts as though the fact that she's their mom makes her worthy to be paid whether as an author (with a co-writer she seemed to forget about: her former bff, Beth,) on tv or as a public speaker. I don't think she's been shown to be an exemplary mom or person. Many sources over the years have been cited to that end.
    Why is it that she still garners so much sympathy and praise? I don't get it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3863817;
    Kate's "stare of hate" to the judges was very similar to Aaron Carter's from last year.
    I always thought Aaron seemed more wounded and needy than anything else. Kate's stare didn't strike me as hateful, but incredulous.

I just flat out don't like her. She came across as very fake, and talk about damage control ...! I want her out. First. Buzz, Pamela, Shannon and Aiden were more entertaining to watch for me than her.

Yes I do think she overplays the 'mom' card, and it's annoying. It's like she's saying "Remember I have 8 kids ... I had 6 at one time .... I deserve this! You owe me and my children this. A vote not for me will hurt my babies."

However, as someone upthread pointed out we all have our personal mom stories and most of us have not exploited our children because of them. This is America, where everyone is entitled to life, liberty and "the pursuit" of happiness. Find it yourself, without sticking your hand out for freebies.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Here's something random for a laugh. This is from David Hiltbrand, an entertainment columnist at The Philadelphia Inquirer, writing about DWTS:

". . . Was I imagining it, or were Gosselin and Pamela Anderson acting awfully chummy? Put those two together as roommates and you have the makings of a glorious reality show. They'd be the greatest man-eaters in captivity. Pam could lure the guys in, and Kate could drive them away."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3864295;
    I just flat out don't like her. She came across as very fake, and talk about damage control ...! I want her out. First. Buzz, Pamela, Shannon and Aiden were more entertaining to watch for me than her.

Yes I do think she overplays the 'mom' card, and it's annoying. It's like she's saying "Remember I have 8 kids ... I had 6 at one time .... I deserve this! You owe me and my children this. A vote not for me will hurt my babies."

However, as someone upthread pointed out we all have our personal mom stories and most of us have not exploited our children because of them. This is America, where everyone is entitled to life, liberty and "the pursuit" of happiness. Find it yourself, without sticking your hand out for freebies.
    Exactly. That's the biggest issue is Kate seems like just another stage parent. Without her kids, without the fact that she had two sets of multiples, she's nothing. What is she going to do if she can't ever find work in the entertainment industry? Has that every crossed her mind that the cameras and tabloids may very well one day realize there's nothing left there? So for everyone saying she needs DWTS to provide for her kids, she needs fame to provide for her kids, needs the show, needs the publicity, isn't that pretty much proving what critics have said about her? And there are plenty of large families that get by just fine without having to resort to parading their kids around for the cameras and tabloids and not dealing well with the criticsm. She's no different than a pageant mom.

And it's been really old this week listening to the 'poor Kate, how dare Bruno be so mean to her'. What did he say? He compared Aiden to Kenny Mayne! Those judges have been far worse on other couples in the past, a lot worse, so to say they were too mean to her is just another shining example of publicity, spin, and damage control from the show and them trying to portray her in a sympathetic light.

+ Reply to Thread