+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3863530;
    I read that she has had Botox injections, Restylane fillers, laser resurfacing, veneers, hair extensions and highlights, eyelash extensions AND eyebrow shaping. And that doesn't include the cost of her regular spray tans and professional makeup applications.

And of course there was the well-known tummy tuck.
    I can't fault her for some of these things. Eyebrow shaping, for one.....I do it. And just about every woman I know past 30 does something to her hair. As for the tummy tuck? Once it gets stretched out like that, there is no other way to get it back into shape. I know someone who had triplets and she had to have one.

Not to defend her if, in fact, her attitude is bad. I'm just not inclined to focus on what she does to better her appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3863008;
    In re-watching her performance (yes, it's even worse and more painful to sit through the second time), I did notice a few things. Her smile seemed painted on like a toddler beauty queen; she was as stiff as a plank, more so than the judges accused Aiden of being and when you visual Tony pushing a shopping cart instead of Kate, you totally get what Bruno was talking about. The audience reaction seemed fake and forced. They had barely uttered a peep when Bruno got on the defense. I guess it wasn't his cue yet. The boos seemed force, and I guess they have to applaud for everyone. CA totally gave her a pity 6. So I was wrong about her score, she actually got a 16, not a 15, but either way, completely overscored. And she and Tony looked really uncomfortable standing there together. I have a feeling a boat load of tabloid fodder will be coming when Kate exits the show.
    Wow, this thread is hopping - I can't keep up with it.

Right after I saw Kate's performance I knew that I should have DVR'd it to watch again!

What dance will she be doing next week, Kara, do you know? I hope she makes it to the Tango! For some reason, I feel that would be particularly hilarious.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3863747;
    Wow, this thread is hopping - I can't keep up with it.

Right after I saw Kate's performance I knew that I should have DVR'd it to watch again!

What dance will she be doing next week, Kara, do you know? I hope she makes it to the Tango! For some reason, I feel that would be particularly hilarious.
    She is doing the jive. Honestly, I hope she's gone after next week. Seeing her do the samba, rumba, merengue (an alleged new dance this season), quick step scares the living daylights out of me. Tango, well I wouldn't exactly expect her to capture the passion. Especially the AT. And the lifts? She might nail the paso doble. She just needs to pretend her kids are asking for water or that Jon is in the room Tony may not survive, however. I'm worried that they might try and give her the easier dances after this week just to ensure she sticks around longer. She's no dancer and won't be and unless she gets a stunt double in to do her jive I don't think she'll nail it. Unless Tony comes up with some really easy choreography. However, an very, extremely small part of almost wishes she'd make it to Dance Center week to see what Kenny Mayne comes up with.

What's with playing the mom card? Pamela, Niecy, Ashly, and Tony all have kids. So basically, it's something people are expecting and it's not going to work. It'll backfire and just generate more negative publicity for her.

Personally, I've seen Bruno be worse. He's quickly taking the reigns of being the nasty one. They were a lot harder on Aiden than Kate (Aiden is no Kenny Mayne. He could have been compared to worse but Kenny Mayne he us not).

Well gee, I'm a mom whose husband died of leukemia when we were both 32 and our sons were 2 and 6. I managed somehow to raise them alone. Maybe I should put out an online list of what I should be entitiled to for doing that.

Oh, wait a minute. I had only two children, so I guess I don't qualify.

If she does get injured, will she demand that they call in the Surgeon General?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Florimel, I'm so sorry to hear that about your husband.
    I'm sure he's smiling down at you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Kate's "stare of hate" to the judges was very similar to Aaron Carter's from last year.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

"Oh, gosh, what am I going to do? I was really terrible on the show, and my charm didn't come through. Everyone thinks I'm going to trot out the kids for sympathy, or pretend to hurt myself to get out of being on the show. So I can't do either of those . . .

. . . I know! I'll pretend to be terrified that I'm going to be the first person to be voted off, and I'll promise Tony and everybody else that I'm really going to make this a higher priority than anything else (oh yeah, except the kids), and people will feel sorry for me and vote for me. Yeah, that'll work!"

Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3863791;
    What's with playing the mom card? Pamela, Niecy, Ashly, and Tony all have kids. So basically, it's something people are expecting and it's not going to work. It'll backfire and just generate more negative publicity for her.
    It only backfires with savy people who go on reality websites to snark. Ma and Pa America apparently eat that %^# up. At least according to all the predictions flying around that she's placed first in the home voting (something we'll never know for sure since home voting totals are never released).

As for the larger issue of "what's wrong with it", I gotta think the answer is that with someone like Kate it's because she's being presented as a "SuperMom". That's just another level. It was annoying when they did that with Brooke Burke, but at least Brooke had other non-Mom related accomplishments on her resume (a successful business, writing projects, TV hosting, modeling, etc.) All Kate HAS is "I am SuperMom". That's what makes it offensive. Her version of SuperMom is "I married a scumball, knocked out 8 kids, then sold their childhood down the river to be on TV".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3863833;
    It only backfires with savy people who go on reality websites to snark. Ma and Pa America apparently eat that %^# up. At least according to all the predictions flying around that she's placed first in the home voting (something we'll never know for sure since home voting totals are never released).

As for the larger issue of "what's wrong with it", I gotta think the answer is that with someone like Kate it's because she's being presented as a "SuperMom". That's just another level. It was annoying when they did that with Brooke Burke, but at least Brooke had other non-Mom related accomplishments on her resume (a successful business, writing projects, TV hosting, modeling, etc.) All Kate HAS is "I am SuperMom". That's what makes it offensive. Her version of SuperMom is "I married a scumball, knocked out 8 kids, then sold their childhood down the river to be on TV".

Brooke had one distinctive thing going for her - she was a pretty good dancer as in pretty and good dancer and pretty good dancer. I never paid much attention to any of the other issues because I thought she was good for a novice dancer, she was pretty, and she had a pleasant attitude.

I have now heard enough about Kate from reading what has spilled over onto several threads to see that in many people's minds her attitude has killed whatever else she might have going for her.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3863928;

I have now heard enough about Kate from reading what has spilled over onto several threads to see that in many people's minds her attitude has killed whatever else she might have going for her.
    Kind of like the media loves to hate her and anything positive is damage control.

+ Reply to Thread