+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3863295;
    So, so true!

I don't think Kate was frozen during her critique...I just think she was shooting an icy stare at the judges out of anger. Based on watching several seasons of her show, it's clear she's a pretty icy person. I think that when Tony told her it seemed like she wasn't having any fun during the rehearsals, that's a very nice way of saying, "What is your problem? Do you have ice water in your veins?"

I think she finds it hard to enjoy life when she's not the center of attention and when her ego is not being stroked constantly. And DWTS has never been about stroking the contestants' egos 100% of the time.
    You hit the nail on the head. And when I said "frozen" upthread, I meant it more in the way you expressed.
    KHate seems not to suffer criticism or disagreement with any grace. She's used to being the one to utter the put-down.

FORT Fanatic

I was in line at the grocery store this morning and there were before and after pictures of Kate on one of the magazine next to a headline about plastic suregery and DWTS. It did not even look like the same person, she had dark hair.

This picture.....definitely has had a lot of 'help'

No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

So she had bad taste in hairstyles, even back then, lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3863502;
    This picture.....definitely has had a lot of 'help'

If it weren't for the fact that the eyebrows are the same in both pictures, I would never have thought this was the same person. Wow! What a difference

Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3862519;
    I feel like this show is now on a mission to go into damage control for Kate. There's been quite a few pieces written up about the horrible, mean old Bruno was so nasty to her and how dare he tell her the truth, and that all these rumors just came out of nowhere and have no merit to them. Just like the cast saying they think she's wonderful, underestimated, fun to have around, etc, etc, etc. Pamela and Kate seem to be getting the most pre and post premiere press, but I still think their schtick will get old. And what's Tony going to say? It wouldn't surprise me if he really was in the dark, so how would he react to all the 'poor Tony' and 'save Tony' comments on every forum?

And if the show gets desperate enough, of course her kids will come. We'll at least see them in the rehearsal vids.

God I hope this woman goes next week.
    I wouldn't equate Pamela's shtick with Kate's. Pam is genuinely liked, I believe. Her rep as being a non-diva is pretty well established.

As for Kate, the most subtle bit of spin control is being the most effective. All of the articles using the "why do people hate Kate for leaving her kids to come on the show" logic. Its a P.R. trick called "moving the target". If you keep saying that the issue is that she "left her kids to do the show" then that's all you have to defend. You wind up NOT having to defend her putting her kids on TV in the first place, or her being a raging bitch.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

A lot of the differences can be explained by weight loss and a change in hair colour/style. I can't see any 'work' that's been done - but I don't have a good eye for that kind of stuff.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I remember seeing that version of Kate 1.0 and I'd have to say that the differences in those photos could possibly be explained by camera angle, hair color, smile and make-up. However, I wouldn't put it past her. When she had her (free) tummy-tuck, she asked if she could also have a boob job. I believe the doctor told her that she just needed to wear a better bra (as most women do.)
    I also have to say that if she had something "done," I personally wouldn't condemn her for it except as it relates to her overall narcissism and her being a "poor (now) single mom just trying to support her kids." (bring out the tissues...)

FORT Fanatic

I read that she has had Botox injections, Restylane fillers, laser resurfacing, veneers, hair extensions and highlights, eyelash extensions AND eyebrow shaping. And that doesn't include the cost of her regular spray tans and professional makeup applications.

And of course there was the well-known tummy tuck.

I must have missed something... where is all the "poor" stuff coming from. I thought she was paid 75,000 per episode for her show?!!?!? Where did all that money go? Plus I know she has written a few books. If she were poor her 8 kids would not be going to one of the nicest private schools in the state (unless they are getting a free ride).

+ Reply to Thread