+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

I read on people that she is in the lead for popularity......
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't expect Kate to be the first to go. I'd love for that to happen, but it won't. So next week will probably be some sort of redeeming story arc and yes, I fully expect her kids to make an appearance and probably every week afterwards unless their daddy prohibts that. Last night I was more surprised by the edit she got and the fact that she was really such a sour puss. If looks could kill, the judges would be dead today. So she needs to lighten up in that sense because there are a lot tougher dances to come, and if last night is any indication of how her dancing is, her jive is going to be a disaster. I think people are voting for her because they feel sorry for her and because she's great trainwreck material and they want to see her have a break down. There's definitely a disconnect between her and Tony. I agree with whoever said Kate is way in over her head. I think she expected to be some sort of media darling and be a princess of the ballroom. I hope the judges don't start going soft on her just to make her feel better.

And if all doesn't go well and Kate stays in, it wouldn't surprise me in the least for her to fake an injury. Eventually she'll get old.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3861077;
    Nooooooo!!!!!!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I can't believe she is in the lead!!! And, by a fairly large margin!!! I guess I am just out of it. I know she has some supporters, but I thought the public-at-large thought that she was a controlling, nasty person. I give Tony so much credit for continuing that big smile of his. I would have really loved for her to get Maks...someone who wouldn't cover up their true feelings.

I bet she throws a "Maddy" tantrum in rehearsals this coming week. No way is she going to be able to move for any of the Latin dances!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was surprised at just how miserable she seemed last night. I thought she was trying to have a career in television, but she shows absolutely no personality! Unless silent and sullen is a personality!

She didn't move well at all and has no gracefulness. It was pretty bad. And, that is usually the kind of dance that a beginner like her would do better at. I cannot imagine her doing a Latin dance - yikes!

I guess the consolation of her fans keeping her in is the fact that she will be stuck working hard, sucking on television, and being publicly criticized each week. That will be fun to watch! And, she has no control over getting to leave when she wants to. Control-freaks hate that!

Looking for the silver lining!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I normally ignore results of popularity polls but I absolutey refuse to even consider the results of this one. Someone must have one of those auto voters.

I watched a paps video last night that had some of the cast, including Bruno. He was pretty to the point, and said Kate wasn't good and really needs an acting coach because she has no personality onstage (I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the idea). I feel like that will be their redeeming week in that area. If Kate has that same sour puss look on her face during the energetic, fun jive then she can't be helped. I think it's more she wasn't expecting criticism or to be compared to, of all things, a shopping cart.

They are on the cover of "In Touch" magazine (Tony looks great, of course!) but I didn't flip through it. I still haven't seen their dance, but it's too funny about the shopping cart comparison. Was it Bruno who said that?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3861647;
    ...but she shows absolutely no personality! Unless silent and sullen is a personality!
    It is. A bad one, but a personality nonetheless.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

that's probably based on dialidol which doesn't include online voting. I split my votes between Aiden and Shannon to boot Jake further down - probably won't work, but thought it was worth a shot.

I expect Kate to stay a while because she does seem to have a fan base that is voting for her, but I certainly hope this doesn't mean she'll win it. Colour me shocked when Shawn Johnson won over Gilles Marini and it was because of her fan base - even though the difference was very minimal it was just enough. I'd be happy for a Tony win, but that would be it. Kate winning would be an abomination.

If Kate continues to stay each week as more deserving folks leave I will stop watching the show - as long as Jake has been booted.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

People seems to be very sympathetic to Kate. They are her greatest ally and seem determined to make her a star. Why? I don't get. Are People and TLC owned by the same company?

+ Reply to Thread